Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many A3 golds?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by DELLAS
I'm not sure where that information came from but A3 still has a sizeable amount of Golds who are Greek based and increasing. Whilst those that did just Domestics lost out the opposite can be said for those who fly outside. On my flights over and back to IST the last few days and on my LHR-ATH flights there were plenty of Greek Golds who had their tags on display.
me too did IST > ATH last week but as i understood they keep the status and lounge access till end of the year. The real changes will be visible in january.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by frenchft
me too did IST > ATH last week but as i understood they keep the status and lounge access till end of the year. The real changes will be visible in january.
Will the changes even be visible? What if the tag design stays the same? Then nobody really knows who is who...
Old Dec 6, 2015, 2:25 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Will the changes even be visible? What if the tag design stays the same? Then nobody really knows who is who...
I think it will be visible at priority boarding and at ATH lounge.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by hydrogen
Those Greek based commercially important to A3 and high value Domestic accounts get Gold cards as part of their corporate agreements. No Tier threshold needed as with some other airlines. The small number complaining were not really high revenue generators. To be honest 4 segments and 12K is not rocket science to get even if you fly 99% Domestic and 1% International. One trip to the USA would be enough from Greece if someone is that interested in keeping Star Gold.

With regards old cards some do still have the old style on their bags. Going forward it will be hard to judge with the new type unless you happen to get a glance of their MBB which will be Gold or their BP showing *G if you have good eyesight
Old Dec 6, 2015, 3:30 am

Those Greek based commercially important to A3 and high value Domestic accounts get Gold cards as part of their corporate agreements. No Tier threshold needed as with some other airlines. The small number complaining were not really high revenue generators. To be honest 4 segments and 12K is not rocket science to get even if you fly 99% Domestic and 1% International. One trip to the USA would be enough from Greece if someone is that interested in keeping Star Gold.

With regards old cards some do still have the old style on their bags. Going forward it will be hard to judge with the new type unless you happen to get a glance of their MBB which will be Gold or their BP showing *G if you have good eyesight
i even saw an olympic airlines tag on a luggage last week (silver, going for priority boarding and... refused)

Agree with you 12K is nothing, but for most of the "old" greek golds (except corporate, etc) it's a lot as i understood But anyway, without searching this status can be renew for less than 2000 euros for sure, and if you ask me, i still don't understand why other airlines in the alliance do not complain et ask A3 M&B to become a real program for real FT (you can't say someone flying 12K a year is a FT).
Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Iberia Plus Gold
In many loyalty programs usually maximum 1% of the amount of active customers are on the highest tier level (depending on how many levels there are alltoghether). I think the amount is rather the same for A3 nowadays.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:25 pm

After a chat with the girls at the lounge in ATH the other week... i confirm : they have tons of greek complaining like crazy. While talking one couple made a huge scandal because they have been refused entrance, arguing that they have "gold for life" ().
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Visio
In many loyalty programs usually maximum 1% of the amount of active customers are on the highest tier level (depending on how many levels there are alltoghether). I think the amount is rather the same for A3 nowadays.
Although apparently A3 bucks that trend. A number of factors to be taken into account both with Domestic membership and foreign resident membership.

As for lounge girl gossip all to be taken with a pinch of salt with regards numbers compared to legit members. You will always get a few people that chance their arm.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:56 am

They must hate this job these days. Having to turn down all these mad people who believe in lifetime *G...
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:21 am

Although apparently A3 bucks that trend. A number of factors to be taken into account both with Domestic membership and foreign resident membership.

As for lounge girl gossip all to be taken with a pinch of salt with regards numbers compared to legit members. You will always get a few people that chance their arm.
Agree, but gives a "trend". What i learnt and don't know if this is true or not : people was talking about the old status (i mean very old) : you just needed to fly one time a year to renew. Is it true??
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Agree, but gives a "trend". What i learnt and don't know if this is true or not : people was talking about the old status (i mean very old) : you just needed to fly one time a year to renew. Is it true??
I remember this- It was actually one flight in... 3 years. No joke

Now I am not 100% this is true, but according to this site (in Greek), it says the flight could have been with *A airline, not necessarily Aegean!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Aegean Miles+Bonus, IHG Rewards Club, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by blackball

Now I am not 100% this is true, but according to this site (in Greek), it says the flight could have been with *A airline, not necessarily Aegean!
I confirm this was true, 1 (eligible for miles) flight with *A airline, not necessarily A3, was enough to retain gold status. BTW I am the author of the article you quoted (thank you very much) and at the time I wrote it I had it cross-checked with T&C's. Good times back then...

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jan 5, 2016 at 9:36 am Reason: Edited followed merge of near-dupe posting
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:45 pm

They are chancing their arm and know it . Certainly not the majority. Maybe the girls in the lounge are sick of explaining to the minority and thus hence the comments.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:21 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by blackball

Well, the rules were that you had to credit a flight every 36 months, so it could have been with any airline as long as the flight earned miles.

The 'old' programme only lasted 4 years (since joining *A in 2010) so I don't know how many people were actually able to test this.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
...The 'old' programme only lasted 4 years (since joining *A in 2010) so I don't know how many people were actually able to test this.
Well, as a matter of fact, the rules of the "old" programme lasted since the very early 2000s, a year or so after A3 started flying, when the M+B was initiated. In addition to Aegean, back then one could get miles from some code shares (e.g. LH). There are, therefore, many Greek pre-*A Gold members who now lost their status. Of course many is a relative term and the actual number is a guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.