Search

Gold renewal - no 50% off voucher :(

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Platinum
Gold renewal - no 50% off voucher :(

Hi all,

Not sure if I missed this in previous conversations, but just got my email about Gold renewal and partner about Silver.
Unfortunately, they seem to have dropped the 2 x 50% off voucher for Gold (1x for Silver)

Is that right and I just missed the announcement?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:32 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
It looks like it's been very quietly dropped, not that it was actually worth that much in the first place. There's no longer any mention of it in the Gold benefits.

Nonetheless, whatever the value, still somewhat sneaky (which is rather unlike A3) that it hasn't been communicated.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
yep, same here, no more coupons. Anyway was only interesting for business class tickets (ATH > SKG in my case)... was very little money for economy tickets regarding the fact that the discount was applied only on the far and not the taxes.

But good to see the 4 new biz upgrade
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
It looks like it's been very quietly dropped, not that it was actually worth that much in the first place. There's no longer any mention of it in the Gold benefits.

Nonetheless, whatever the value, still somewhat sneaky (which is rather unlike A3) that it hasn't been communicated.
Nooooooo

They were worth it for me- They brought down the price of flights to the Greek islands just enough to make me choose flying over fast ferries. Sometimes the relative savings were really significant (especially when the airport taxes were low).

I'm getting disappointed with Aegean slowly taking away benefits like this. The fact that it wasn't communicated makes it worse
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by blackball
Nooooooo

They were worth it for me- They brought down the price of flights to the Greek islands just enough to make me choose flying over fast ferries. Sometimes the relative savings were really significant (especially when the airport taxes were low).

I'm getting disappointed with Aegean slowly taking away benefits like this. The fact that it wasn't communicated makes it worse
Yep, agree for some expensive island (like santorini for exemple) was valuable. In my case for skg was so so in economy but great in biz. Regarding communication, maybe a surprise is coming... but sounds that they removed it, period (-
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by frenchft
Yep, agree for some expensive island (like santorini for exemple) was valuable. In my case for skg was so so in economy but great in biz. Regarding communication, maybe a surprise is coming... but sounds that they removed it, period (-
Yep, just used my last 50% coupon last sunday for 2 seats Athens-Milos. Saving 50% was nice indeed !
it's sad that our favorite airline does not have a more transparent communication
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
What are more important to me are the upgrade coupons.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
What are more important to me are the upgrade coupons.
^^ For me too. I never used the 50% off as my journey always ends in ATH so no use. Shame for those that did find them useful.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: A3 *G
For those (few) of us that travel from an island to ATH and on to another island the vouchers were VERY good value. I usually plan my trips well ahead, but I used my last voucher recently when I had to visit my parents in Crete at short notice due to an illness. A return PAS-ATH-CHQ two days in advance was just over 300 Euro, of which 70 Euro was tax. 117 Euro per voucher is a good saving indeed!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
No vouchers for me as well
and they were quite useful
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: A3
Was anyone ever successful at booking on-line with the 50% voucher?

Perhaps A3 decided it was easier to cancel the 50% voucher and work on higher priorities rather than fix the IT issues with the voucher.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:37 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by realgoose
Was anyone ever successful at booking on-line with the 50% voucher?

Perhaps A3 decided it was easier to cancel the 50% voucher and work on higher priorities rather than fix the IT issues with the voucher.
Yep, last week booking was made on line using the 50% coupon
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:58 pm

I was not able to book on-line and they waved the 20 Euro fee when I did it on the phone!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:13 am

Programs: A3 *G
I used a total of three vouchers - all online (one Silver, two Gold). Apart from the problems I've already described (weird errors when trying to book non-qualifying flights) they were quite easy to use. The hardest bit was actually finding S-class and above fares for all legs of the journey. There really needed to be an option to select higher fare classes manually. As people say, probably too much of a headache for IT to make these worthwhile. And, in any case, were they really of value to the program? How many people will either quit M&B or not join because the vouchers are gone?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
And, in any case, were they really of value to the program? How many people will either quit M&B or not join because the vouchers are gone?
And I think we all know the answer to that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.