Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Crunch Time - account rollover for 2016/17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Congratulations to those who kept gold!

I think A3 should be commended both for having a nice scheme and being a great little airline. I would never have flown them had it not been for their Miles&Bonus program but would now willingly connect in ATH for their friendly service and excellent FFP. Read this and weep Lufthansa.
You can add aeroplan to the list
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: SQ *G / A3 *G
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Congratulations to those who kept gold!

I think A3 should be commended both for having a nice scheme and being a great little airline. I would never have flown them had it not been for their Miles&Bonus program but would now willingly connect in ATH for their friendly service and excellent FFP. Read this and weep Lufthansa.
I kept Gold and used to fly lots with LH and LX, not anymore...I can "easily" connect via ATH instead and that covers my 4 A3 flights. Yes do agree with another poster regarding the downgrading of earning miles but A3 now have my custom : a satisfied one at that. I have flown both in Y and J and think its great.
I cover my other miles going from Europe to New Zealand / South Pacific once a year but around Europe A3 for me.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by FlyingDobber
I kept Gold and used to fly lots with LH and LX, not anymore...I can "easily" connect via ATH instead and that covers my 4 A3 flights. Yes do agree with another poster regarding the downgrading of earning miles but A3 now have my custom : a satisfied one at that. I have flown both in Y and J and think its great.
I cover my other miles going from Europe to New Zealand / South Pacific once a year but around Europe A3 for me.
The same here, no more LH (only 2 flights this year) and LX only biz Long haul. They credit so little now (not to say nothing in most of the cases)
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:46 pm

As a loyal A3/OA customer Gold was very easy for me this year and expect it to be so next year too. I have to fly over and back anyway.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Do you mean A3 to release figures? Or do you mean a FT count?
Would be nice to see some figures released by A3 – they obviously won't.

I'm curious to see how many people lost their so called lifetime gold. Especially among those who never flew A3 metal.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: A3*G?
Originally Posted by Kataskopos
I have flown and earned all the miles, last flights yesterday, but have still been downgraded.

Is anyone else in the same position? At any rate, I am sure that this is a tech glitch that will solve itself once the miles post, just a bit funny since I received some complimentary Silver coupons, and if they then upgrade me back to Gold maybe they will grant me the Gold coupons too
Yep - same position here. Just got the downgrade email; here's hoping that when the miles post then Gold status will re-activate quickly.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by slowfly
Yep - same position here. Just got the downgrade email; here's hoping that when the miles post then Gold status will re-activate quickly.
Same here as well... My last two flights were on Thai on 20/11 and 23/11. I needed them in order to re-qualify but neither flights have been posted into the account yet...

When will you all call-in to manually fix this issue?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:18 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Have you guys received the 50% discount coupons for next year? I have not, is it just me?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It's not just you. I also did not receive new 50% coupons.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:58 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Have you guys received the 50% discount coupons for next year? I have not, is it just me?
Originally Posted by irishguy28
It's not just you. I also did not receive new 50% coupons.
Discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...f-voucher.html
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: A3*G, FRECCIA ALATA CLUB
I would be interested to see at my next SKG-ATH how the Gold requalification affected domestic users.

A3 SKG Lounge gets overcrowded mainly on the domestic SKG-ATH route. At times all couch seating, all bar stools, all workstation, all "table" seats were taken and you had people standing as well.

Since it has a separate gate for fast boarding you could tell the majority of lounge access was for the domestic route.

I still remember the days when A3 GOLD had unlimited SKG/ATH lounge access even when flying non Star alliance airlines, nice perk but disappeared "silently" as well.

As for the 50% vouchers nope, did not get any new ones.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:02 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I downgraded to Silver thanks to SK refusing to post miles on a flight that was upgraded! Thanks to that Im lowly silver for now

I allready booked my A3 segments for next year so Will be gold again but this is life
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:05 am

"We would like to inform you that your Gold card has been renewed for another year. Within approximately a month, you will receive your new card by postal mail, at the address registered in your profile. We advise you to use your new card with the updated expiration date, so as to continue enjoying all the privileges that the Gold tier offers.

We remain at your disposal for any requirements you may have.

Best regards,
Miles+Bonus
Aegean "
Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: A3*G, HH Silver
Also got downgraded to silver today. Had two flights on TK Nov'22 and Nov'23. First one posted today. Waiting for the last one. That will be enough to requlaify, but who knows how will it happen. Let the fun begin

Noticed strange in my account:
Amount to requalify as Silver seem to be correct, but also has a box next to it, called "Dashboard_How_To_Upgrade_Tier_To_None_Value". 2xxx miles with 4 A3 flights OR 26xxx tier miles with other *G airlines until 29/02/2016.

Completely confusing. Why to upgrade to "None Value", why it's until end of Feb and why so much difference (10x times) between A3 flights and non-A3 flights?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Requalified quite easily this year although not sure about next year, other half is now in the UK

What's about these 50% vouchers?

It's a pitty that lh/lx don't credit that much any more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.