Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Train - [need 18k miles]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:07 am

Is it possible that they just changed the mileage credit for the train connections? I only get 125 miles for the airail connections to fra.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by johnnyt76
hi all,

honestly I don't understand why not 100% are credited.

they do have a valid LH code and should be credited without questions asked.

JohnnyT
Please see post #12.

The amount of miles credited, always depends from the operating carrier, and the Deutsche Bahn AG is not Star Alliance Partner, so no (aero) miles according rules.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by glanzi
Is it possible that they just changed the mileage credit for the train connections? I only get 125 miles for the airail connections to fra.
With Miles & More?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by avermat
No luck for me with this route. Maybe we should add a wiki about our experiences?
The most likely result is it would make sure our experiences are all normalized.... to zero miles when they remove the option (I've been burned on AC a few too many times as they enhance my favourite redemptions/routings away) but:

I'm 1/1 on FRA-ZWS, 500 miles, H class (2014-05).
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:09 pm

hi all,

honestly I don't understand why not 100% are credited.

they do have a valid LH code and should be credited without questions asked.

JohnnyT
Could this have anything to do with the fact that we are so-called "frequent flyers" rather than "train riders who don't ride those trains"? Honestly ???
Old Oct 28, 2015, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
With Miles & More?
Yes, at the beginning of the week it showed me 1'000 miles for the "flights" from Mannheim to FRA. Now its 125 miles...
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by FlyEurope
Well if the miles don't post automatically you'll have a hard time claiming them, as Deutsche Bahn is not a Star Alliance member.

Further most times I've heard about miles not posting automatically to M&B recently was on the Mannheim-FRA route. QKL-FRA seems to be a better bet though this is only empirical evidence.
I used the mhj-Fra connection 3 times now and the miles never posted automatically. Might have to do with the fact that no one scanned my boarding pass on the train...

Since Mannheim won't show up as an option in the retro claim form I could file it myself and asked the nice lady on the phone to do it for me. The confusing part is that she said that the return from Mannheim to Frankfurt can't be filed since it is a train connection but said that the leg from Frankfurt to Mannheim should be fine and filed the claim. I'll let you know how that story ends lol
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:15 am

hi all,

the two LH trains I took (no scanning) were posted a few days afterwards

so long & greetz

JohnnyT
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:47 am

hi all,

the two LH trains I took (no scanning) were posted a few days afterwards

so long & greetz

JohnnyT
Thanks for the feedback ^
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: A3*G
It is worth mentioning that zero tier miles are stated in johnnyt76's screenshot.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:21 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kallisthenis
It is worth mentioning that zero tier miles are stated in johnnyt76's screenshot.
Given there's a 'Transfer Points' reference above amounting to a start-up bonus amount, I'd say this screenshot is showing the Together account rather than the personal one - hence there would not be Tier Miles awarded there.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Given there's a 'Transfer Points' reference above amounting to a start-up bonus amount, I'd say this screenshot is showing the Together account rather than the personal one - hence there would not be Tier Miles awarded there.
that's exactly right...

JohnnyT
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:30 pm

M&B answer to a retro claim of an LH airtrain:

28-Your request has been rejected. The specific flight is not valid for mileage accrual.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Anyone has experience booking those through a third party website? Now even less than 20 r/t

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1732606-lh-fra-qdu-zws-dusseldorf-stuttgart-16-17-ai-rt-its-back-airail.html#post25883133
Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Anyone has experience booking those through a third party website? Now even less than 20 r/t

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...l#post25883133
doesnt matter, its K class, surprise surprise ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.