Wiki Posts
Search

input box for 50% off coupon

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
input box for 50% off coupon

As the title says, does anybody know where the input box for the 50% off domestic coupon is? I've clicked through to the payment page, and no option appears to input a coupon. Any hints, or did the new layout get rid of that option? Would appreciate any info!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It's on the payment page

Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
Hmm, didn't see that box. Can the coupon be applied to lets say FRA-ATH-HER flights, and discount only the domestic portion, or do I separately have to book ATH-HER to be able to use the coupon?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:57 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Solely a domestic flight only - for anything with an international segment, you only see a total price and the two parts are not broken down.

In some cases it's cheaper to book separately, in most cases it's either not or makes so little difference that it's not worth sacrificing your guaranteed protection through being on one ticket.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Skyborne Flyer
As the title says, does anybody know where the input box for the 50% off domestic coupon is? I've clicked through to the payment page, and no option appears to input a coupon. Any hints, or did the new layout get rid of that option? Would appreciate any info!
It seems the system has a few hick ups. If the input box for promotional coupon does not appear, call Aegean. They will issue the ticket with 50% off with no extra charge.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
It seems the system has a few hick ups. If the input box for promotional coupon does not appear, call Aegean. They will issue the ticket with 50% off with no extra charge.
Even on a non-domestic flight like the OP is trying to use it on?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by SensFan
Even on a non-domestic flight like the OP is trying to use it on?
Why should they change their "rules" if somebody calls them? The OP may be trying, but (s)he won't be able to use it on an international flight!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
Why should they change their "rules" if somebody calls them? The OP may be trying, but (s)he won't be able to use it on an international flight!
No, SensFan is right here.

What KATERGOO seems to suggest is that the coupon box sometimes doesn't appear when it should - and you should then just ring up and ask for the coupon to be applied. I in fact think there is no such "hiccup". The coupon box always appears when it should - for purely domestic flights only. When an international flight is included, the box does not appear - but this is not a "hiccup", if that is what KATERGOO is implying.

As far as I can see, there are no "hiccups" with the website, and the voucher code can be successfully used on the website in all situations where Aegean allows such a code to be used. Ringing up is not necessary.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
No, SensFan is right here.

What KATERGOO seems to suggest is that the coupon box sometimes doesn't appear when it should - and you should then just ring up and ask for the coupon to be applied. I in fact think there is no such "hiccup". The coupon box always appears when it should - for purely domestic flights only. When an international flight is included, the box does not appear - but this is not a "hiccup", if that is what KATERGOO is implying.

As far as I can see, there are no "hiccups" with the website, and the voucher code can be successfully used on the website in all situations where Aegean allows such a code to be used. Ringing up is not necessary.
NO. My booking was purely domestic, for a flight from Astypalea to Athens. No international flight included.
The agent found my reservation in process and applied the 50% discount. It was all done in a very nice professional friendly way. ^
Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:43 am

Latest IT glitch(es) concerning 50% off coupon:

Three attempts with two different debit cards, all of them fail after inputing password/TAN; message: problem with my card!

Call Aegean. The agent sees my last transaction and says there is indeed something wrong, she decides to do the booking manually without any additional cost. Problems:

1) Charged 5 Euro more than what quoted on-line (fuel surcharge )
2) Can't use Maestro card; this only works on-line, not in manual bookings.

Of course, not a big deal, but I wish they'd get their IT act together some day...

As an aside: If you change the booking for whatever reason, you can say goodbye to your 50% off. It cannot be re-applied and the coupon is also gone. Why?
Old Oct 21, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by KLouis
Latest IT glitch(es) concerning 50% off coupon:

Three attempts with two different debit cards, all of them fail after inputing password/TAN; message: problem with my card!

Call Aegean. The agent sees my last transaction and says there is indeed something wrong, she decides to do the booking manually without any additional cost. Problems:

1) Charged 5 Euro more than what quoted on-line (fuel surcharge )
2) Can't use Maestro card; this only works on-line, not in manual bookings.

Of course, not a big deal, but I wish they'd get their IT act together some day...

As an aside: If you change the booking for whatever reason, you can say goodbye to your 50% off. It cannot be re-applied and the coupon is also gone. Why?
When I've had this - failure very late in the process - at the card verification stage, it's been because I had included an non-valid flight in the booking. Remember the vouchers can only be used in S-class and above and I was (intentioanlly I admit) trying to include a P class flight. There seems to be no check for this earlier in the process. Indeed, the error I got each time was "card verification error". So, maybe that accounts for the extra 5 Euro also - maybe the agent booked you manually into a higher booking class. Or maybe it just so happened that the lower class filled up between you trying online and calling. Just a thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.