Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Seat assignments for A3 when second leg of United booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat assignments for A3 when second leg of United booking?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Question Seat assignments for A3 when second leg of United booking?

I'm going to Greece next week and booked via United. I have a United flight to MUC and then an A3 flight from MUC to Heraklion. I've never flown on A3 before but learned on their website that they automatically assign seats and you can only change them 48 hours in advance of flight time which is when you can check in. Since the 1st flight is United, I think I can only check in for both flights 24 hours in advance with United. Is this true? I'm assuming I can't check just the A3 leg on the A3 site, right? Does this mean I can't change my seat assignments 48 hours in advance but only 24 hours in advance (with United)? After I check in, can I then go to A3 website and change my seats? I'm asking because my husband is 6'2" and if he gets a middle seat, it will be torture for the journey.

Thank you for any insights. I've tried calling the airlines but I am getting the runaround (United says call A3 and vice versa).
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:53 am

If you're A3 Gold (or fly business), you can call them any time before your flight and ask for your preferred seat.

Other than that, you can try to check-in at -48 hours using A3's booking number; I doubt that it will work with UA's PNR. At any rate, whenever possible, if not flying business (try to get a seat in row 3 or 4: more leg room!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: A3
Bring up your booking on the UA site. One of the options is to show you the booking reference for your non-UA flights. With that booking you can access the A3 site.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:32 am
Original Poster

I'm not flying business class but thanks for the tip about rows 3 and 4. My UA itinerary had a reference number for my Lufthansa return flights, but not for A3. I was able to get seat assignments for Lufthansa but not A3.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

I talked with A3 again today and she said I could check in the 2nd leg separately from the 1st leg. So she said I could check in 48 hours in advance for my A3 2nd leg and then 24 hours in advance for the UA leg. Is this true? I guess I've never had an itinerary where the airline was different for each leg.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: A3
My experience for UA itineraries is that the LH & A3 reference numbers are the same. I also found that when flying A3 from Athens and connecting to LH, I can check in for both the A3 & LH flights 48 hours in advance.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:36 am
Original Poster

So do you think I can check in both legs separately: 48 hours in advance for the A3 leg, then 24 hours in advance for the United leg?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:52 am

Worth a try, isn't it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.