Bad news for baby haters!

Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Bad news for baby haters!

I read this in the Greek Newsletter:

For the next 6 months, all babies up to an age of 2 years will travel free on domestic flights!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:41 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
As UMs?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: A3 *G
I thought they did anyway, and just paid the taxes. Or do you mean no charge whatsoever?

Not that it'll make much difference I suppose: "Oooh, we can save an extra 12 Euro so we CAN take little baby with us on holiday rather than leaving it at home for a week". I don't imagine flights will suddenly be full of babies because of this.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Have much fun... Will probably sound like this:

Inflight Sound Swiss

But fortunately the flights are short to the islands.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:47 pm

They are copying the BA promo for kids fly free
Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:48 am

Programs: A3*G, BAEC Gold
I flew A3 TXL-ATH last week and there were tons of babies, toddlers on board and a whole class of 10-12 year olds.

The 3 hour flight was fine, but I did manage to get a nasty throat infection. It may have been because I was surrounded by kids.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Andem
...but I did manage to get a nasty throat infection. It may have been because I was surrounded by kids.
Purely from an epidemiological point of view, your statement could be considered the result of reduced mental and cognitive capacity.

PS Please notice the smiley, and just leave medicine to medics.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Andem
I flew A3 TXL-ATH last week and there were tons of babies, toddlers on board and a whole class of 10-12 year olds.

The 3 hour flight was fine, but I did manage to get a nasty throat infection. It may have been because I was surrounded by kids.
A3 in summer and airlines in general are kindergarden... don't talk about the lake of education and the behavior of parents (greeks are noisy, so are their kids). No polemic here, just facts.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 9:39 am

Most of us probably don't hate babies. I love babies but don't really care to be seated near one for a long flight. Actually, babies can be quite good. It's their older siblings that can be real pains in the hienie. Especially when accompanied by inattentive, inconsiderate parents.

I DO make a point of complimenting well behaved children, and their parents, at the end of a flight or even in a restaurant.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Kensterfly
Most of us probably don't hate babies. I love babies but don't really care to be seated near one for a long flight. Actually, babies can be quite good. It's their older siblings that can be real pains in the hienie. Especially when accompanied by inattentive, inconsiderate parents.

I DO make a point of complimenting well behaved children, and their parents, at the end of a flight or even in a restaurant.
Agree, it's about education and parenting...
Old Aug 1, 2015, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by frenchft
A3 in summer and airlines in general are kindergarden... don't talk about the lake of education and the behavior of parents (greeks are noisy, so are their kids). No polemic here, just facts.
Dont generalise you have been brought up on it before !!!
Old Aug 1, 2015, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Dont generalise you have been brought up on it before !!!
Sorry, but i will not change my mind because you do not agree.
I confirm : noisy people and too many kids in some planes to some distinations. I don't say more, just that i love kid, but my limit is my journey to be peaceful.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by frenchft
Sorry, but i will not change my mind because you do not agree.
I confirm : noisy people and too many kids in some planes to some distinations. I don't say more, just that i love kid, but my limit is my journey to be peaceful.
Its pure ignorance on your part to label a nation at being something which is actually found in all cultures around the globe. If you hold those narrow views then keep them to yourself and not generalise about nationalities on a forum such as this. It is disrespectful to other members and incorrect to tarnish everyone with the same brush. As you have been told before
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:59 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, a reminder that we have a report icon (the red triangle) available to you if there's something in a post that you object to, which sends a notification to the mod team. Having looked through the content of this thread, I don't believe there's anything in here that breaches FT rules, but the content of some posts is dangerously turning away from debate and towards the person.

I'm aware this is a subject that has been broadly discussed before and it does engender high octane debate sometimes. That's fine, and what FT should be about, but let's keep everything within the rules by not becoming personal and, particularly, 'piling-on' by repeating the same point ad-nauseum.

Thanks.

/mod

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.