Wiki Posts
Search

Where do A3's 321s come from?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Where do A3's 321s come from?

This is just out of curiosity, as yesterday on my ATH-LHR flight, when using the toilet, they had a sign which read, (something along the lines of) 'Federal law provides a penalty of up to $2000 for tampering with the lavatory smoke detector.'

Are their planes coming from a US carrier or something? (Not that it matters, just curious and found it kind of funny that they would be flying planes with signs which don't seem to apply.)
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:09 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Here is a good website to check out the age / previous owner etc of any airline you want (selected Aegean Airlines already):

http://www.airframes.org/fleet/aee

If you select a plane, you can click on "prev. reg" to see where it comes from...

According to flightradar, your plane was either SX-DVZ or SX-DGQ.

Last edited by Carpacchio; Jul 30, 2015 at 5:47 am
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
They have 8 and none of them has been operated by a US company (most are new, others has been used by UK, Irish and indian airlines).

Maybe this could be explained because they lease the planes to aircap and are one plane in their fleet has been operated directly by Awas (who maybe did short leased to US airlines) and the american General electric leasing. Those planes can have been prepared for the US market regarding signage for various reasons.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by frenchft
They have 8 and none of them has been operated by a US company (most are new, others has been used by UK, Irish and indian airlines).

Maybe this could be explained because they lease the planes to aircap and are one plane in their fleet has been operated directly by Awas (who maybe did short leased to US airlines) and the american General electric leasing. Those planes can have been prepared for the US market regarding signage for various reasons.
Ah cool. I didn't realise this.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
This is just out of curiosity, as yesterday on my ATH-LHR flight, when using the toilet, they had a sign which read, (something along the lines of) 'Federal law provides a penalty of up to $2000 for tampering with the lavatory smoke detector.'

Are their planes coming from a US carrier or something? (Not that it matters, just curious and found it kind of funny that they would be flying planes with signs which don't seem to apply.)
Happens on some airlines. I have seen exit signs in a language that has nothing to do with the airline. I guess with all these leasing companies etc.. we will see more of it.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I think they put these in just in case they end up in the US market.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.