Wiki Posts
Search

UA P class - no credit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
UA P class - no credit

Flew TLV-EWR-DEN mid May in P class. This is after the change so should have earned 100% miles.
The miles didn't post so I tried a retro claim but still no post. Called customer service, in the beggining they said that there is no miles for P class but after I insisted they asked me to send them a mail. I got no reply or miles.
Yesterday I submmited a complaint thru the customer relations site and got this reply after a few hours:
"Thank you for contacting the Customer Relations Department of Aegean and for your preference to us.

Based on your inquiry, we would like to inform you that we have received an unsuccessful notification from United, confirming that the fare of your ticket is not included in the above rewarding fares.

Regarding the flights UA1647/17MAY and UA85/16MAY, we confirm that we have already contacted the airline operating carrier; however the reply is still pending. Please, be so kind to recheck your Miles&Bonus account in 20 days, approximately.

Thank you in advance for your patience and we remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need.

Yours Sincerely,"

Anyone with similar exprience? any other ideas? is it possible to contact UA?
"
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
Originally Posted by Houminer
Flew TLV-EWR-DEN mid May in P class. This is after the change so should have earned 100% miles.
The miles didn't post so I tried a retro claim but still no post. Called customer service, in the beggining they said that there is no miles for P class but after I insisted they asked me to send them a mail. I got no reply or miles.
Yesterday I submmited a complaint thru the customer relations site and got this reply after a few hours:
"Thank you for contacting the Customer Relations Department of Aegean and for your preference to us.

Based on your inquiry, we would like to inform you that we have received an unsuccessful notification from United, confirming that the fare of your ticket is not included in the above rewarding fares.

Regarding the flights UA1647/17MAY and UA85/16MAY, we confirm that we have already contacted the airline operating carrier; however the reply is still pending. Please, be so kind to recheck your Miles&Bonus account in 20 days, approximately.

Thank you in advance for your patience and we remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need.

Yours Sincerely,"

Anyone with similar exprience? any other ideas? is it possible to contact UA?
"
Hi
There are at least two of us who reported a similar situation (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...s-account.html) - contacted M&B twice by email but no response so far. Keep us posted on your developments. ^
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:30 pm

Programs: A3*G
Below is a transcript of my correspondence with United on this matter. My latest email (8 July) has so far been met with deafening silence. At least United responds. A3 has not responded to any email.

Subject: Still missing miles [membership no.]

Hello Miles+Bonus,

My membership no. is [...]. In the email below is my ticket SGN-NRT-IAD-NRT-SGN, issued by NH in P class. I have received miles for two segments (SGN-NRT-SGN), but not for the two long segments (NRT-IAD-NRT). I have submitted a retro claim on your website a month ago, but I have not heard anything since then. Kindly acknowledge receipt of this email and look into the matter.

Missing miles:
1) 4 May 2015
NRT to IAD
All Nippon Airways NH002
P class (200%)
Ticket # [...]
PNR: [...]

2) 8 May 2015
IAD to NRT
United Airlines UA803
P class (100%)
Ticket # [...]
PNR: [...]

See ticket email below.

Kind regards,
Nielsen

[eticket]

***THIS EMAIL REGARDS MILEAGE ACCRUAL TO A3 ON OPERATING CARRIERS UA AND NH***

Further to my email [above], this morning I spoke to the A3 call center in Greece in relation to missing mileage on flights operated by UA and NH. I was informed that UA had responded to A3 “not eligible for mileage” and NH had responded to A3 “illegal activity”. The A3 lady agreed that this is incorrect, but she did nothing but resubmit the claim to UA and NH via Starnet, and I now have to wait another 30 days before calling A3 again to ask for status of my miles.

The A3 call center keeps telling me that “it is the operating carriers (e.g., UA and NH) that give miles, not A3”. And that is fine, but with regards to mileage accrual, I have a contract with A3/Miles+Bonus. The rules of the contract, including mileage accrual, are displayed on the A3 website. I attach screen shots of the A3 website that clearly state that P class earns 100% on UA and 200% on NH.

Regarding my flight on NH002 NRT-IAD in P class on 4 May:
I attach photo of my boarding pass.
I attach evidence that the website states 200% miles in P class on NH.
I attach screen shot of my Miles+Bonus transactions in which you can see that I earned 200% miles in P class on NH832 (3 May) and NH831 (9 May), so there is absolutely no reason why I should not earn 200% in P class on NH002 on 4 May.

Regarding my flight on UA803 IAD-NRT in P class on 8 May:
I attach photo of my boarding pass.
I attach evidence that the website states 100% miles in P class on UA.

When a customer pays USD4,000 for a ticket, he expects a professional and attentive service. Not just onboard the flights, but certainly also in dealing with the airlines later, and he expects to receive in a timely manner the frequent flyer miles which he is rightfully entitled to. I sincerely hope that A3, UA and NH will start communicating with each other to solve this matter.

Kind regards,
Nielsen

Hello Mr. Nielsen,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us. We’re glad to hear from you.

We are unable to credit the flights referenced in your email to a partner's program (account number [...]). Please contact the partner to have your United and All Nippon Airways flights credited to their program. You may be required to submit documentation that verifies your travel.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Regards,

[Ms United]

Dear Ms [United],

Thanks for your response. I understand how the system works. However, I have already contacted A3 6 weeks ago, and A3 has made a claim to UA via Starnet (or whatever your communication system is called). UA’s response was “not eligible for mileage”. Now, A3 will repeat the claim and within 30 days UA will likely repeat your response. This way, A3 and UA can play ping-pong with no resolution. I understand that you cannot just give me miles. What I ask from UA is a confirmation that A3 members flying UA metal in P class are eligible for 100% mileage according to the agreement between UA and A3.

Thank you for your kind understanding

Nielsen

Hello Mr. Nielsen,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand your frustration; however, you may need to speak with Aegean Airlines because they have a way or a Mileage Accrual policy that is separate and different from United.

It would be best to call Aegean Airlines again so as to know their "mileage accrual policy". If you will be requesting to post it on your United account, we also have a different way of earning your miles on your United account from our partner.

Same process applies to All Nippon Airways.

Regards,

[Mr United]

The ball is in United's court. How many miles I accrue on my Aegean account when flying on UA metal is NOT decided by Aegean. It is determined by UA and expressed in a bilateral agreement between UA and Aegean. Vice versa is true for MP members when flying on Aegean metal.

Aegean's understanding is that Aegean members flying United in P class accrue 100% miles. Hence, that is expressed on Aegean's website, and Aegean has sent two requests to UA for mileage, but both times UA has rejected due to "not eligible for mileage".

Maybe Aegean is right that I should earn miles. Or maybe UA is right that P class does not accrue miles. The fact is that right now Aegean and United disagree on this point. And no one will know the truth until you actually sit down and have a look at your bilateral agreement.

For your information: ANA responded to my email within 20 minutes that they had looked into the matter and apologized for refusing miles in P class on NH metal and that 200% miles would be credited to my Aegean account within 3 weeks.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Nielsen

Hello Mr. Nielsen,

Thanks for your reply.

If you are requesting for the flight to be posted to your United MileagePlus account, we'll be the one to assist you. However, in your case, since you're requesting for the flight to be added to your Aegean frequent flyer account, you need to contact the partner for assistance.

Regards,

[Ms United]

Dear Ms [United],

I am not asking you to give me mileage.

I repeat my question: under the bilateral agreement between United and Aegean, will an Aegean member earn miles when flying United P class?

It is a simple question that I am sure a supervisor can look into.

Nielsen
Old Jul 17, 2015, 5:54 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nielsen
Below is a transcript of my correspondence with United on this matter. My latest email (8 July) has so far been met with deafening silence. At least United responds. A3 has not responded to any email.

Dear Ms [United],

I am not asking you to give me mileage.

I repeat my question: under the bilateral agreement between United and Aegean, will an Aegean member earn miles when flying United P class?

It is a simple question that I am sure a supervisor can look into.

Nielsen
Good on you and thank you! Please keep us posted!!^^^
I am getting to the point of starting to send various letters too, including A3 and Star Alliance executives but will give it a bit more time, since I have only re-submitted my request a couple of weeks ago.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Same for N class. Retro-claim, no response, I called and they said not eligible for credit. They said I should email M&B about it which I did, and they responded with the same email about contacting UA that the above poster received. I replied that it would likely yield the same result and asked if they could try something else, they just ignored it and haven't heard back 30 days later.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
I've just had the same thing happen for the first time to me: UA flight (not my fault! It was the only option! ) in the US, June 12 & 14. P class ticket. No points so far. A3 website claim, nothing but crickets so far.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Same for N class. Retro-claim, no response, I called and they said not eligible for credit. They said I should email M&B about it which I did, and they responded with the same email about contacting UA that the above poster received. I replied that it would likely yield the same result and asked if they could try something else, they just ignored it and haven't heard back 30 days later.
Was it after mar 1? Are those isolated incidents with others getting credit for n and p codes or a trend?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by azepine00
Was it after mar 1? Are those isolated incidents with others getting credit for n and p codes or a trend?
It was in June, even after the new chart was loaded on the website.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by 1353513636
It was in June, even after the new chart was loaded on the website.
Phoned again: same story - P class does not earn; oh yes, I can see from the table it does; have you emailed Bonus and Miles? They will response to your email; you need to wait until the end of the week...
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:25 pm

Programs: A3*G
***UPDATE***

On Sunday, I called Aegean again. This time I spoke to a very helpful guy. He told me that he could see two requests made to UA and two negative responses from UA. He agreed that someone should have a look at the actual agreement between the two carriers, took my phone number, gave me his surname and promised to push the matter further up in the system and that someone would call me within a few days.

No one has called me yet, but on Tuesday 100% mileage for the UA P class leg appeared in my account.

So whilst I am happy to have finally been given my miles, I actually do not know what suddenly expedited the matter. Maybe someone at Aegean used a more direct communication channel to UA? Maybe Aegean paid for the miles? The earnings table still shows 100% for P class.

I will call them again and ask.

/Nielsen
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1P
Nielsen,

Thanks much for this update, and for your efforts to get Aegean to fix this problem for good. This is of great help to many. My family and I have 10 uncredited UA P segments from early July, and I'm hoping to have them credit with much delay and drama.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:42 pm

I am still waiting on a UA A fare from May.

Originally Posted by Melanchthon
Nielsen,

Thanks much for this update, and for your efforts to get Aegean to fix this problem for good. This is of great help to many. My family and I have 10 uncredited UA P segments from early July, and I'm hoping to have them credit with much delay and drama.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 5:39 pm
jmw

I got two missing flights out of three. One is completely missing and I retroclaimed that. I have a UA P class on a Together account that got credited as an S class. After reading the above, I'm just going to give up on the 750 miles still owed for P. They might take away the few miles I got if I retro claim the P flight. It shouldn't be this hard. I can manufacture 750 miles with a lot less effort.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Well that was bizarre. Aegean forwarded me (part of) the email from United about my missing miles in P. United told Aegean that because I accepted a downgrade from P to Y on one sector I wouldn't earn any miles on any of the sectors! WTH?! Obviously utter BS from UA. And I didn't accept the downgrade: because of a mis-connect UA moved me involuntarily to a RJ flight that only had Y and was ticketed as full Y!

Rhetorical Q: Why are UA such muppets? Time to talk to UA directly.

On the positive side, UA credited $27 back to my credit card yesterday as the difference for the downgrade from a P to Y ticket.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:25 am

UPDATE: another phone call, another agent trying to explain that 'not all classes earn miles', me directing them to their own earning table with a P class/100%...this time they promised to contact UA directly and update me by phone within a week...when pigs fly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.