Wiki Posts
Search

UA P class - no credit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by nielsen
***UPDATE***

On Sunday, I called Aegean again. This time I spoke to a very helpful guy. He told me that he could see two requests made to UA and two negative responses from UA. He agreed that someone should have a look at the actual agreement between the two carriers, took my phone number, gave me his surname and promised to push the matter further up in the system and that someone would call me within a few days.

No one has called me yet, but on Tuesday 100% mileage for the UA P class leg appeared in my account.

So whilst I am happy to have finally been given my miles, I actually do not know what suddenly expedited the matter. Maybe someone at Aegean used a more direct communication channel to UA? Maybe Aegean paid for the miles? The earnings table still shows 100% for P class.

I will call them again and ask.

/Nielsen
***UPDATE***

I called Aegean to ask what had all of a sudden expedited the crediting of the UA P class mileage. I was told that the guy I spoke to last Sunday had passed the matter to a supervisor who had called his/her equal at United who had immediately confirmed that Aegean members earn 100% in United P class. And two days later my mileage appeared.

So it would seem that the fault lies with the United employees responding to electronic requests from partner airlines.

If you PM me I can share the names of the two Aegean representatives that know about the matter and how is was solved.

/Nielsen
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nielsen
***UPDATE***

I called Aegean to ask what had all of a sudden expedited the crediting of the UA P class mileage. I was told that the guy I spoke to last Sunday had passed the matter to a supervisor who had called his/her equal at United who had immediately confirmed that Aegean members earn 100% in United P class. And two days later my mileage appeared.

So it would seem that the fault lies with the United employees responding to electronic requests from partner airlines.

If you PM me I can share the names of the two Aegean representatives that know about the matter and how is was solved.

/Nielsen
Good for you that you did not give up!!!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Got the miles!!!!!

I sent them another mail yesterday and finally today the miles were posted.
I wonder what happens to people who are not on FT.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Houminer
I sent them another mail yesterday and finally today the miles were posted.
I wonder what happens to people who are not on FT.
Not everyone is diligent as we are, we know not to give up so easily but the general public may not be aware that you need to pursue to get what is rightfully yours.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
general people are not going tp credit UA P fare to A3
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by pbd456
Or maybe general people dont have A3*G?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:09 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by pbd456
If, by "general people" you mean other M&B members who are not regulars here then surely they will! After all, what percentage of M&B members (Gold or otherwise) actually read this forum? I'd guess it's less than 1%. There are (apparently) many US based M&B members who probably fly primarily on UA. There must be a LOT of people out there who miss out on mileage or other perks because they just don't understand the details as well as we do.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:20 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
If, by "general people" you mean other M&B members who are not regulars here then surely they will! After all, what percentage of M&B members (Gold or otherwise) actually read this forum? I'd guess it's less than 1%. There are (apparently) many US based M&B members who probably fly primarily on UA. There must be a LOT of people out there who miss out on mileage or other perks because they just don't understand the details as well as we do.
I would say that generally A3's US members are more likely to be members of FT, or at least readers of blogs etc which might drive visitors here. It's extremely unlikely any US citizen would randomly join M&B instead of programmes from UA or AA - they would do it for the qualification requirement only, which I'm willing to bet is not general knowledge outside a relatively small number of people.

The loss of entitlement point is a good one though - I suspect it's more likely to apply to Europeans though, given M&B is a more 'natural' fit for us - particularly in the UK where there's now no home airline in Star following the demise of BD.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I would say that generally A3's US members are more likely to be members of FT, or at least readers of blogs etc which might drive visitors here.
I'd agree with that; the times I've seen an A3 bag tag in the US (& they do stand out because they are still rare) and ended up chatting with the person it has always (with one exception so far) been someone that reads FT or found out about A3 through here.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
UPDATE: 3 out of 4 flights posted this morning...after oh SO many calls and explaining (the glass half-full part is that I now know my membership number by heart - seriously). That completed my gold re-qualification for next year. Now...on to chase the 4th flight - every little helps!
Old Aug 1, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
My miles from N class on UA finally posted!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Let the weirdness continue. Miles for P and full Y flight appeared overnight, 3 months after the flight and after A3 (after much prodding) saying UA was refusing the miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.