Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Why do Tier miles reset to zero when reaching silver?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why do Tier miles reset to zero when reaching silver?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by lgts
Plus nobody know if SAS 200% will stay there for much longer.

Let's hope it does.
Agree! Although it seems like it won't change in near future...few weeks ago another user posted a great argument about that, but cannot find it at this point.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by mrgreen
For less-frequent flyers SAS + upgrade via optiontown.com seems to be one of the few options to earn the status in an affordable way.
Although it requires some luck...
i should requalify this year at a low cost.
because i did UA 1k before feb 28. i have one trip tp greece that has 2 segments, those were credited to A3, another domestic round trip SKG ATH SKG for 70 euro. credit NRT SFO LAX (by mistake ) tp A3 (i made up the rest byusing same day confirmed on UA to get 1k with no cost)
got another 3k in 2014 after i requalify for 1k in which my dad paid for a family vacation.

the rest will come from award ticket that book into revenue class (ANA domestic award ticket).
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by pbd456
it seems much more difficult to earn *A gold on A3 than to keep it.
Really?

It only seems that way?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by mrgreen
For less-frequent flyers SAS + upgrade via optiontown.com seems to be one of the few options to earn the status in an affordable way.
Although it requires some luck...
how does optiontown work?
thanks. i think i may ditch A3 next year. since i can qualify another *A program.. dunno. i am UA1k already. no point to keep 3 *G.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:48 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
We are veering somewhat off-topic, but Optiontown processes paid cabin upgrades for - amongst others - SK. They are not guaranteed to be offered and they might or might not be price competitive against the extra miles (Tier and Award) earned. They are also not guaranteed to be accepted even if offered - it depends how well SK fills the cabin between the offer time and about 24-48 hours before the flight. In the context of this thread, it certainly is not a strategy to rely on for cheap(er) requalification or higher mileage earning ...
Old Dec 6, 2015, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Have a friend who on 24/11 started a year and will by March reach silver, as discussed everything will reset.

Will he have a year from March to March to reach gold, or on 23/11 it will reset again?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ELAL
Will he have a year from March to March to reach gold, or on 23/11 it will reset again?
Miles and Bonus has a rolling membership year. Remember that tier points are deducted one year from the date of their earning - so a tier mile will only stay "valid" for for 12 months. They disappear from your account on the anniversary of the date that they were earned.

Your friend will add new Tier Miles to his account each time he flies, but Tier Miles will be deducted one year from the date they were earned. As long as you understand these parameters, your friend can take as long as he wishes in order to reach Gold, as long as he maintains Silver throughout.

Assuming that he flies enough to maintain Silver, then he just needs to meet the requirements for achieving Gold within any rolling 12 month period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.