Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Changes earning miles on SWISS (LX): E, K, L, T = 0 from 01MAY15 (and more chng)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes earning miles on SWISS (LX): E, K, L, T = 0 from 01MAY15 (and more chng)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 5:16 am

Programs: A3*G
Bad news, just got credited for a flight I took on May 1th, the new calculation was applied... Flight bought in January!
Old May 5, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: A3*G, AB G, LA Plat, AY Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Expl, BestW Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, ClubC Gold
Thats strange, because I just received full mileage credit for the flights that I took on May 1st as well. 500 status and bonus miles for booking class L (intra europe). I reserved the tickets a couple of months ago.
Old May 5, 2015, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by romka_zrh
Bad news, just got credited for a flight I took on May 1th, the new calculation was applied... Flight bought in January!
Well, what are you planning to do about it? Maybe the fare you purchased is not a mileage accruing fare, did you double check?
Old May 5, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: Miles&More ; A3*G
Me too. I've just written to them using the contact form in the italian web site. I have 6 legs bought in october 2014 and 14 april 2015. My next flight (GRU-ZRH) will be 29th of may. I've asked if they will honor, with Aegean, the previous table (50% for class L). Fingers crossed

Don't forget that, as Aegean Gold/Silver, there will be the chance to purchase Tier Miles (The service will be available soon, according to their web site)
Old May 5, 2015, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
I also received 500 miles credited for a LX Flight in K-cl on may 1st :-)
Old May 5, 2015, 10:08 am

I just received the following response from SWISS to my query:

"We have reviewed your request regarding your frequent flyer program.

Unfortunately, SWISS does not hold any administrative function when it comes to mileage accrual. We will have to ask you to contact A3's mileage program, as they take these decisions.

Please do let us know if you need additional information. Thank you for choosing SWISS."

So I guess we would have to write to A3...
Old May 5, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: Miles&More ; A3*G

I wrote to A3 almost 5 days ago... No answer...
Old May 5, 2015, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by CesarFrancq
I just received the following response from SWISS to my query:

"We have reviewed your request regarding your frequent flyer program.

Unfortunately, SWISS does not hold any administrative function when it comes to mileage accrual. We will have to ask you to contact A3's mileage program, as they take these decisions.

Please do let us know if you need additional information. Thank you for choosing SWISS."

So I guess we would have to write to A3...
Even though this sounds technically correct, it seems like they are trying to skirt responsibility and make A3 look like the bad guy here. You should email them back and ask them why they didn't give advance notice to A3 for the changes, so you can make informed decisions (about not booking LX on those fares)...

Last edited by nk15; May 5, 2015 at 1:33 pm
Old May 5, 2015, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Letter I sent

Hello,

We are 3 passengers,; Mr DJ, Mr MD & Ms. NA.
We booked to fly with SWISS in the following booking classes; K & L.
These tickets were booked in January 2015.
Now SWISS has made a change to Accrual for these classes as of May 1 to zero mileage.
I do hope that Aegean will deposit the mileage according to when we made this booking, that is January 2015 based on the Aegean earning miles
Economy Discounted T, E, K, L : 50%

Please advise.

Thank you
Mr. DJ
Old May 5, 2015, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Well, what are you planning to do about it? Maybe the fare you purchased is not a mileage accruing fare, did you double check?
Yep, booked W-Class, used to be 100%, got credited 50%. I don't care as it was an intraeuropean flight, but it sucks for those on intercontinental ones...
Old May 5, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

removed

Last edited by djjaguar64; May 6, 2015 at 6:23 am
Old May 6, 2015, 5:26 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
Even though this sounds technically correct, it seems like they are trying to skirt responsibility and make A3 look like the bad guy here. You should email them back and ask them why they didn't give advance notice to A3 for the changes, so you can make informed decisions (about not booking LX on those fares)...
I do not think this is LX's responsibility. Regarding miles the contract is between A3 and LX. We, as 'end user', only deal with our point of contact: Miles&Bonus.

So even though LX may ultimately be at fault here; we can only complain to A3 about it. That is the party crediting the miles to our FF account.

A3 in turn may (or may not) be able to get something done from LX. Or A3 may decide to simply award additional miles out of pocket. That totally depends on the contracts between LX and A3, which is something we do not know the details about. It is quite possible that those contracts say that 2 weeks notice is enough, and there is no requirement to credit by the old rules for tickets booked prior to the change.
Old May 6, 2015, 5:59 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Xandrios
A3 in turn may (or may not) be able to get something done from LX. Or A3 may decide to simply award additional miles out of pocket. That totally depends on the contracts between LX and A3, which is something we do not know the details about. It is quite possible that those contracts say that 2 weeks notice is enough, and there is no requirement to credit by the old rules for tickets booked prior to the change.
Or, of course, that actually LX gave many months' notice but A3 has only just put the change on its website ... we simply don't know the whole picture.
Old May 6, 2015, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I do not think this is LX's responsibility. Regarding miles the contract is between A3 and LX. We, as 'end user', only deal with our point of contact: Miles&Bonus.

So even though LX may ultimately be at fault here; we can only complain to A3 about it. That is the party crediting the miles to our FF account.

But I booked my flights based on Aegean's website showing what I will earn flying with LX with specific booking classes and I expect A3 M&B to honour that based on when my tickets were purchased. We as members of M&B are not priviy to these agreements between A3 & LX and I dont think I am interested in these agreements.
Old May 6, 2015, 8:31 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
But I booked my flights based on Aegean's website showing what I will earn flying with LX with specific booking classes and I expect A3 M&B to honour that based on when my tickets were purchased. We as members of M&B are not priviy to these agreements between A3 & LX and I dont think I am interested in these agreements.
I understand that, and I would too.

We do not need to know about the underlying contracts, we only deal with A3 and the Miles&Bonus terms. Unfortunately those terms say that you will be compensated following the rules in effect on the day of the flight. Not the rules that applied when you bought the ticket.

So the underlying contract thing is more a "FYI" thing - officially you are not entitled to the miles by the old scheme. The only thing you can do is ask A3 nicely and hope they are willing to help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.