Wiki Posts
Search

Trenitalia Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Trenitalia Partnership

Apparently, Aegean cooperates with the Italian railway operator Trenitalia:

"Trenitalia and Aegean Airlines have signed an agreement that allows airline passengers to receive special discounts for the same day travel on Frecciarossa, Frecciargento or Frecciabianca services."
https://www.globalairrail.com/news/e...gn-partnership

What does that mean exactly? I'm not familiar with these train services. Is anyone here in the know? :-)

Is that similar to the German Rail&Fly (Zug zum Flug)? I have an A3-departure from MXP later this year, but I'll be staying in another city. Can I take advantage of a discount for my train to Milano, and how would that work?

TNX
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:06 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Trenitalia and Aegean Airlines sign partnership

ITALY: Trenitalia and Aegean Airlines have signed an agreement that allows airline passengers to receive special discounts for the same day travel on Frecciarossa, Frecciargento or Frecciabianca services.

The Greek airline fly to Rome, Milan and Venice and the reduced tickets can be purchased via travel agents.

“This new partnership adds on to the many deals we already have in place with other airlines, allowing seamless train/plane integration. It is another important step in the path of even greater integration between air and rail” Gianfranco Battisti, Director of Passenger Division at Trenitalia said.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:03 am

This is very, very unfair! Now that I'm moving back to Crete for, at least 6 months, now they start this. Why didn't they have the idea a few years back? Snif, snif...
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:04 am
Original Poster

This is exactly what I linked to. Not helpful.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by sokolov
This is exactly what I linked to. Not helpful.
Don't complain immediately, do some searching, e.g. Wikipedia
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
This is very, very unfair! Now that I'm moving back to Crete for, at least 6 months, now they start this. Why didn't they have the idea a few years back? Snif, snif...
The notice that I linked is 15 months old. But I can't find practical information about it: Prices, flexibility, modalities of booking (other than the ominous "travel agents"), luggage, eligibilty, etc.

I wonder if this is actually alive and kicking.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:22 am

The notice that I linked is 15 months old...
Oooops, it's that old! I haven't seen anything about that, neither in any A3-derived PR nor in Italy. I guess they must have thought about it and then they gave up. No wonder when Italy and Greece try to organise something together.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:43 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Don't forget in Italy there is also the private-operated high speed train company, Italo, which is in my opinion much more professionally run. Every employee speaks English, tickets are much more easy to book (just a mobile boarding pass or to name your 5 digit code is all you need to board) and most importantly the trains are more comfy and from my experiences less prone to delays.

Besides, for those flying in/out of FCO I would add that Roma Tiburtina station (which most Italo trains use as opposed to Trenitalia which has its hub at Termini station) is reachable much faster/cheaper from the airport (handy if your destination is somewhere else in Italy, like Firenze or Napoli.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:06 am

The last couple of posts (incl. this one) certainly don't belong here, as there are several posts on the matter in the Italy forum. Nevertheless, let me make a couple of minor corrections.

- Tiburtina is, indeed, easily reached but depending on the time of the day, the line is often late and the coaches are over-crowded.

- There are now (a few) Freccia services out of FCO, going North, certainly up to Firenze from where one could choose how to continue.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:49 am
Original Poster

So I asked Aegan about this Trenitalia partnership and received this as a reply:

" we would like to inform you that through our web-site (http://tours.aegeanair.com/) you may reserve with our partner “City Discovery” a comfortable and fast transportation to / from the airport of Rome.

At this point, kindly notice that you may receive further information regarding the Airport transfer, by following the below link http://tours.aegeanair.com/contactUs.php. "

I'm not quite sure what to make of it.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:41 pm

So I asked Aegan about this Trenitalia partnership and received this as a reply:

" we would like to inform you that through our web-site (http://tours.aegeanair.com/) you may reserve with our partner “City Discovery” a comfortable and fast transportation to / from the airport of Rome.

At this point, kindly notice that you may receive further information regarding the Airport transfer, by following the below link http://tours.aegeanair.com/contactUs.php. "

I'm not quite sure what to make of it.
A guess: No (more) partnership with Trenitalia, and since somebody at A3 thought that you were interested in a train to go from FCO to Rome, you got this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.