Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Artemio
The card upgrade (to gold) was made on aug 23rd last year! So I guess "up to" means "until and including". So, departing on the 22nd would count, wouldn't it? What do you think guys, should I call miles and bonus call center to be sure?
Yes, it means all flights that depart on 22 August represent the final chance to requalify.

PLEASE though take steps to qualify early rather than counting on last-minute travel. You are allowing no leeway should something happen to prevent that final day's flying from happening.

(As a Gold she can buy TIER MILES for cash, up to a maximum of 2,000 in blocks of 500. No flying necessary. And unlike the Tier miles earned by flying, the Tier miles you buy are added instantly to your account)
Old May 20, 2017, 12:02 am

United Express are no different than United when it comes to M&B miles earnings.

The same is valid for Air Canada Express - Air Canada. (If you asked about Air Canada Rouge, I would advise you to avoid that carrier.)

LX operated by Edelweiss might earn if it is not a codeshare but through a capacity purchase agreement. I'm not 100% sure. But many LX booking classes don't earn anyway.

Last edited by sokolov; May 20, 2017 at 3:54 pm
Old May 20, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I can no longer see on my account because I've already re-qualified, but I thought A3 changed the wording sometime last year - so for those of us with a year of 24th Nov to 23rd Nov, I believe the wording changed from "by 23rd Nov" to "up to 24th Nov" - which would mean last flight date of 23rd. Of course, my memory could be playing tricks ...
I think they DID change the wording or something because I got totally confused this year. I was supposed to fly to London on 25th March. I had already re-qualified so didn't want to waste the points so I put my flight back from 25th to 26th, just in case. I was not totally surprised that I got the message "your status has been renewed" on 25th.

Date printed on old card: 25th March 2017
Wording of website: "...up to 24th March 2017"
Card Renewal entry online account: 25th March 2017
Date printed on new card: 25th March 2018
New wording on website "...up to 24th March 2018"

From this I am pretty sure that the LAST day of the OLD year is the date advised on the website and the FIRST day of the NEW year is the date printed on the card. But I'm still not sure!
EDIT: I took a domestic flight on 25th and this also counted towards the new year (I just added up all the miles to check) so that pretty much makes it sure.
Old May 24, 2017, 9:07 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
*G free baggage on A6 operated, but OA number

I booked a cheap one way domestic flight and now I realize I won't get miles in my UA account since it is an Olympic flight, but operated by Aegean (on an A320).

My question is about baggage. When I booked it appeared as if I could utilize my United Star Gold status for a free bag, even on a Go Light fare. Now I'm not sure how that will work.

If I have to pay, annoying, but not a big issue. I'd like to confirm in advance so I can pay the lower pre-pay price rather than at the airport.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me understand this.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by nwiflyer
no, you need a same day departing *a flight.

If your plan is to use it as an arrivals lounge, then (a) you can't, because it's for departures! (b) depending on where you arrive from, you won't be physically able to reach an airside lounge without a valid boarding pass for that day and (c) there's nothing in there that would be useful - there are no showers in the lounge and limited food, for example.
last week had same situation ( because of transit strike)- had boarding pass for 7:00 am flight -but security would not let me into lounge area - flt was on austrian air --ath-vie

after complaining that i was within 24 hours of flight etc.i was told to speak with os -- os made a few phone calls and i was allowed in
Old May 26, 2017, 1:19 pm

I am trying to book a flight on Aegean from EFL to ATH one way. The drop down box on the Aegean website only has Aegean Airlines as a frequent flyer option. I have Star Alliance Gold through United. How do I add my number? The flight shows as operated by Aegean and not Olympic if that matters at all.
Old May 26, 2017, 3:57 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Asaq
I am trying to book a flight on Aegean from EFL to ATH one way. The drop down box on the Aegean website only has Aegean Airlines as a frequent flyer option. I have Star Alliance Gold through United. How do I add my number? The flight shows as operated by Aegean and not Olympic if that matters at all.
Is it Olympic ticketed/flight number? That's my situation and means no UA mileage credit.
Old May 27, 2017, 5:53 am

Post Flights operated by non *A members but ticketed as "A3..."

Hi there, newbie to the M&B program.

Can you clarify the flight below for me? Etihad is not a *A member but Aegean is code-sharing on this flight it has an A3 flight number.

A31901 Operated by Etihad: AUH to ATH

1. Does it this count as an A3 flight for the purposes of M&B "12,000 miles and 2x A3/OA flights" ??

2. It's ticketed as an A3 flights - Will tier miles be earned on AUH to ATH??

Picture: https://image.ibb.co/bsn3Fv/flight.png

Many thanks!
chivchiv
Old May 27, 2017, 10:28 am

Since you're new in FT, we won't bite But you should know that double-posting is not allowed. I've already answered your question in the "other" thread.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Since you're new in FT, we won't bite But you should know that double-posting is not allowed.
Thanks KLouis! Although, I can't see any response... perhaps it's getting moderated?

This post was actually the original I was quite surprised at the speed of responses. No double-posting, duly noted!

Last edited by chivchiv; May 27, 2017 at 7:08 pm
Old May 27, 2017, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by chivchiv
Thanks KLouis! Although, I can't see any response... perhaps it's getting moderated?

This post was actually the original I was quite surprised at the speed of responses. No double-posting, duly noted!
Just checked: indeed, your similar post and the couple or so of answers were deleted (my guess, by a mod who reacted to the double posting). Be that as it may, my answer was that you will get neither tier miles nor award miles. On code shares you get those only if the plane (metal in FTesque) you flew in belonged to a *A member airline, which Etihad isn't.
Old May 27, 2017, 11:00 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by KLouis
Just checked: indeed, your similar post and the couple or so of answers were deleted (my guess, by a mod who reacted to the double posting). Be that as it may, my answer was that you will get neither tier miles nor award miles. On code shares you get those only if the plane (metal in FTesque) you flew in belonged to a *A member airline, which Etihad isn't.
Ah, I have to confess to a bit of an oops moment ...

Some may have noticed there was a minor little problem with BA yesterday which led to many rather fraught hours for the BA Mod team, of which Oxon Flyer and I are both members. In the midst of all this, just to prove I still care about you all and didn't abandon you totally, I was doing some pruning work on those posts and managed to leave them selected, so they ended up being included in a block delete with others from BA ...

They are now restored to their rightful place, so in welcoming chivchiv to FT and the A3 forum, perhaps I might ask that any further questions on this issue be raised in the other thread to avoid the discussion being split any further.
Old May 28, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Ah, I have to confess to a bit of an oops moment ...
Errare humanum (moderatorum) est, sed in errare perseverare diabolicum.
Old May 28, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Flying ATH-JMK coming up

Flex fare @ for 07h25 departure is 80EUR
Flex fare @ for 11h00 departure is 180EUR (basic 160)

Can I book the 07h25, no-show, and then transfer onto the 11h00 with no additional cost?

Or is flex for free change PLUS fare difference?

Appreciate your help
Old May 28, 2017, 10:58 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by shuuy
Flying ATH-JMK coming up

Flex fare @ for 07h25 departure is 80EUR
Flex fare @ for 11h00 departure is 180EUR (basic 160)

Can I book the 07h25, no-show, and then transfer onto the 11h00 with no additional cost?

Or is flex for free change PLUS fare difference?

Appreciate your help
You may be thinking of the BA plus fare option where on the day changes are free in Y on short haul services provided there is space in the cabin, or perhaps the US model of standby. I'm afraid neither of those policies have been adopted by A3, and you would have to pay the fare difference (plus a change fee on basic fares, free on flex). If you really want to travel on the later flight, you need to book it now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.