Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
as A3*G is it possible to do seat assigment before OLCI? If so, online somewhere (which i could not find) or I have to call A3? Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:58 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by matio_svk
as A3*G is it possible to do seat assigment before OLCI? If so, online somewhere (which i could not find) or I have to call A3? Thanks
have to call
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
thanks
Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:58 pm

Hi Guys!

I have a quick newbie question, can you actually use the lounge with lounge coupon in Athens while flying with a different airline other than Star Alliance? I was wondering if I can use the first coupon next week!

thank you!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by HanDaniel
Hi Guys!

I have a quick newbie question, can you actually use the lounge with lounge coupon in Athens while flying with a different airline other than Star Alliance? I was wondering if I can use the first coupon next week!

thank you!
I'm afraid, the answer is no; copy-pasting from their site:

...and get benefit of 4 coupons offering access to any Aegean Club Lounge (Athens, Thessaloniki and Larnaca). The benefit can be used by you and a guest, when traveling with Aegean, Olympic Air or any Star Alliance member airline...
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: LH Silver, OK Gold
Hello, I would like to ask those of you who are seasoned M+B members how reliable is crediting miles from other *A airlines to M+B program? I have a trip planned in C that should get me over 32,000 miles according to the A3 accrual charts. Although I currently have a LH Silver card I thought about switching the FFP because it's almost impossible for me to reach *G with LH. On the other hand, it looks rather doable under the M+B conditions but I would like to be sure that all the flights will be credited as it is stated on Aegean's website. (I am also considering FFP with TK or OZ.) So, are all your non-A3 flights credited correctly? Thanks.

Last edited by Mtargem; Feb 10, 2017 at 2:07 pm Reason: text improvement
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:53 pm

I've never been shortchanged with the exception of the SFO-SMF route (United Express). And that's likely not A3's fault, but United's.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by Mtargem
Hello, I would like to ask those of you who are seasoned M+B members how reliable is crediting miles from other *A airlines to M+B program?
Never had a problem, including with original routing credit for involuntary re-routes.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:12 pm

Hello, I would like to ask those of you who are seasoned M+B members how reliable is crediting miles from other *A airlines to M+B program?...
Search this Aegean forum, you'll find a very long thread that deals with the time necessary for miles from non-A3 flights to appear in one's M+B account. There's even a wiki (probably not updated) that lists the average.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 3:34 am

trying to book an award upgrade using my M&B miles

flight is a LH operated but UA ticketed economy in booking class M

according to the M&B online booking tool, I cannot upgrade this class.

However, according to M&M, this class can be upgraded...

Never used my M&B miles, so not sure what to do. Give them a call?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 3:43 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by fwerfel
trying to book an award upgrade using my M&B miles

flight is a LH operated but UA ticketed economy in booking class M

according to the M&B online booking tool, I cannot upgrade this class.

However, according to M&M, this class can be upgraded...

Never used my M&B miles, so not sure what to do. Give them a call?
This is because Miles&More rules are different to Miles+Bonus, particularly when dealing with a M&M group airline where the fare buckets you can upgrade from are much more generous. This is very common across airlines, and is designed to reward and encourage travel on the "home" airline to the FFP. There are (different) examples in M+B as well, such as upgrade coupons for elite members and advance seat selection in Y.

So, I'm afraid the website is correct - upgrades can only happen with A3 miles if the original booking class is in one of a handful of very expensive, fully flexible ones. M is, I'm afraid, not one of those.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: A3 *G
Hello, I would like to ask those of you who are seasoned M+B members how reliable is crediting miles from other *A airlines to M+B program? I have a trip planned in C that should get me over 32,000 miles according to the A3 accrual charts. Although I currently have a LH Silver card I thought about switching the FFP because it's almost impossible for me to reach *G with LH. On the other hand, it looks rather doable under the M+B conditions but I would like to be sure that all the flights will be credited as it is stated on Aegean's website. (I am also considering FFP with TK or OZ.) So, are all your non-A3 flights credited correctly? Thanks.
As others have said, the A3 chart seems to be totally accurate. The only thing to be careful of is with the mapping between carriers on code-shares. There seems to be some confusion in this - which is the fault of the other carriers, NOT A3 and is a general thing to watch out for. For example I found some VERY cheap LX coded flights, but flying on SQ metal, which seemed to offer 100% miles but clearly wouldn't in practice. So - just make sure the flights you have in mind don't fall foul of this kind of thing and you should be fine. If you like, why not tell us what the actual flights/carriers are?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: LH Silver, OK Gold
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
As others have said, the A3 chart seems to be totally accurate. The only thing to be careful of is with the mapping between carriers on code-shares. There seems to be some confusion in this - which is the fault of the other carriers, NOT A3 and is a general thing to watch out for. For example I found some VERY cheap LX coded flights, but flying on SQ metal, which seemed to offer 100% miles but clearly wouldn't in practice. So - just make sure the flights you have in mind don't fall foul of this kind of thing and you should be fine. If you like, why not tell us what the actual flights/carriers are?
Thank you all for your comments. I don't think this should be a problem in my case. The flights are part of a RTW trip and all of them are operated by the same airline as ticketed. So I start with a SN flight, continue with two SQ flights, then hop on NZ for another three flights, switch to UA for yet another three flights and finish with one more SN flight. When I booked the trip, I made sure there were no code-share flights. Also, since these are not ticketed in the cheapest available fare (they are mostly D and Z classes with two exceptions in B and E class for two NZ flights), they should be fully credited according to the A3 chart, I hope.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: A3*Gold
Just a quick question. Found an amazing fare on TK. ATH-BKK-KUL-ATH-LGW all on one ticket. Obviously no mileage accrual on M&B. If I use my old M&S card for this journey will I lose the privileges of M&B gold card? Lounges, priority boarding etc for the journey in question. I'm assuming that if I don't register M&B card for the trip my boarding passes won't show my status and I will have problems all along the way? Any ideas anyone? Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:14 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by hermes1
Just a quick question. Found an amazing fare on TK. ATH-BKK-KUL-ATH-LGW all on one ticket. Obviously no mileage accrual on M&B. If I use my old M&S card for this journey will I lose the privileges of M&B gold card? Lounges, priority boarding etc for the journey in question. I'm assuming that if I don't register M&B card for the trip my boarding passes won't show my status and I will have problems all along the way? Any ideas anyone? Thanks
Bring along your *G card and you should not have problems getting into lounges. I would keep the TK number on the BP to maximise the chance of the miles getting credited to TK. Priority boarding... who cares

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.