Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
Lounge access coupons - do I just print it off and show it to the person at the desk.

Is the Aegean lounge at Larnaca worth using a coupon for?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
The retroclaim probably wouldn't work - the issue is that A3's IT system (in common with most other airlines) takes a few days after the qualifying flight posts to reflect the upgrade in status, and dates it on the later timescale. So if, for example, your flight posted on 1st September, your upgraded status wouldn't actually take effect until around 4th September in reality.

That means any retroclaim for a flight taken before 4th September would be inserted back in prior to the upgrade. This scenario would almost certainly take a phone call to have any chance of being resolved.
But I never mentioned a retroclaim. To be clear, I suggested ONLY claiming the second flight and junking the first one. This should lead to at least 3000 miles being carried over towards gold qualification. OK, so if the op finds the extra 600 AWARD miles important, they can retoclaim it later purely for those.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 5:45 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
But I never mentioned a retroclaim. To be clear, I suggested ONLY claiming the second flight and junking the first one. This should lead to at least 3000 miles being carried over towards gold qualification. OK, so if the op finds the extra 600 AWARD miles important, they can retoclaim it later purely for those.
Ah, you didn't. I can't see any reason whatsoever why your plan wouldn't work either. So, clearly I either shouldn't post when not fully awake, or this board is becoming far too devious for even me . Good work, and a very inventive solution ...
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysonBA663
Lounge access coupons - do I just print it off and show it to the person at the desk.

Is the Aegean lounge at Larnaca worth using a coupon for?
Yes you just show the printed paper!

i don't know about the lounge at Larnaca.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
in ATH, i just accessed the A3 app in my phone, and showed them the cupon, no printing needed....
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:12 pm

Cheers, will give it a go on Monday as it doesn't look I'm moving off the upgrade waitlist

Must remember to print it off tomorrow!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by AlwaysonBA663
Cheers, will give it a go on Monday as it doesn't look I'm moving off the upgrade waitlist

Must remember to print it off tomorrow!
I just used to show them my Silver card and they would take the voucher from the account without a printout being necessary.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:39 am

Ok, this is the first time at a lounge since I got the silver card, anyway I now have the app, the paper coupon and the silver card so all bases covered
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I just used to show them my Silver card and they would take the voucher from the account without a printout being necessary.
I thought so as well that it would be enough, but wasnt, had to dig up the cupon in the MB app
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:31 am

Programs: A3
Hi everyone. I have an unfortunate issue. Tomorrow evening I was planning on taking A3 from TGL-ATH and then ATH-TLL. However, due to an unrelated personal issue, I will not be able to come to travel to Berlin today as planned, and so I have to cancel this reservation with just a bit over 24 hours left.

I am holding on the phone trying to cancel, but since there is a good chance I won't get any money back, will I get any miles if I check in online? I have been awarded miles before when I missed a flight on LH, but this is my first identical problem involving M&B.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:04 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by jacobsteuer1
Hi everyone. I have an unfortunate issue. Tomorrow evening I was planning on taking A3 from TGL-ATH and then ATH-TLL. However, due to an unrelated personal issue, I will not be able to come to travel to Berlin today as planned, and so I have to cancel this reservation with just a bit over 24 hours left.

I am holding on the phone trying to cancel, but since there is a good chance I won't get any money back, will I get any miles if I check in online? I have been awarded miles before when I missed a flight on LH, but this is my first identical problem involving M&B.
Whilst it's not impossible for an airline's IT to make a mistake, this is incredibly unlikely I'm afraid. You need to fly to get the miles. Persevere with the call - A3 customer service is normally very efficient, and you may get a little money back. You might also want to consider paying the relatively small change fee to move the flights to dates in the future when you can use them.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Whilst it's not impossible for an airline's IT to make a mistake, this is incredibly unlikely I'm afraid. You need to fly to get the miles. Persevere with the call - A3 customer service is normally very efficient, and you may get a little money back. You might also want to consider paying the relatively small change fee to move the flights to dates in the future when you can use them.
And double checkyou travelinsurance may cover.r
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:54 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
When flying Olympic (OA flight numbers), can one use the Lufthansa lounge in Athens as a M+B Gold member? I know Olympic is no in *A so I would assume not - however due to them working together I can imagine that specifically in ATH it may be allowed?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:02 am

Ι used it twice last May flying OA; keep in mind that most (all?) OA flights are code-shared with the mon company.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:15 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks, seems it is at least worth a try. Unfortunately in this case we did get 'pure' OA flights (OA38), not codeshared with Aegean. Normally I would be fine with a short wait in the Aegean lounge, but we'll be arriving very early at the airport after a long morning of traveling - and it would be nice to have some lunch at the LH place.

Edit:
No luck - one glance on my BP and I was told that Olympic is not part of Star alliance, thus I can only make use of the Aegean lounge next door.

Last edited by Xandrios; Sep 2, 2016 at 5:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.