Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Are there any Aegean flight numbers re-used on different routes like you suggest?
I'm not speaking of reusing. I'm speaking of flights that include a stop.

AAA-BBB-CCC. Even if they make you deplane, it could still be the same flight number. At UA, they are known to even spend significant time one the ground before "continuing" the flight. I don't know what A3's situation is in that regard.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: UA*S, TK*G, BA G
Originally Posted by intuition
You could wait until sept 2016 to add the segments, if you want your gold membership year to start (and end) later.
Thank you - that was exactly the information I was looking for :-)
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:32 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Once you've hit silver, you may want to check your account. There is an "mileage countdown" that works just fine. It will present tha last day to acheive miles needed, and that date (and required miles) will change as /if you let older miles expire.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Multicity trip

How do I book a multicity flight with Aegean? There's no such option on the website... when I called Aegean, I was told they would book me two one way flights, but the price is different from what I see on Google Flights or ITA Matrix.

I wanted to book:

18 Sept LGW-HER
27 Sept ATH-LHR

it prices 120 per person on Google Flights or ITA Matrix, but when I called Aegean, I was quoted almost 300 per person!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:26 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Because ITA matrix sees phantom availability. It suggests a PNOBAG-fare on the ATH-LON leg, but only full fare Y is available on that flight. So the price qouted is not bookable.

Your outbound is easily booked on A3 website as a oneway, I suggest you look for another date or route for your return.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:33 pm
Moderator, Finnair

... also there is a heavy Sales Restriction paragraph in the fare rules for PNOBAG:
Category 15: Sales restrictions

SALE IS RESTRICTED TO SPECIFIC AGENTS.
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON A3
NOTE -
FULL AND SEQUENTIAL USE OF FLIGHT COUPONS -
THIS FARE IS ONLY VALID WHEN FLIGHT COUPONS ARE
USED IN THE SAME ORDER AS SHOWN ON THE TICKET.
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON A3
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON A3.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Because ITA matrix sees phantom availability. It suggests a PNOBAG-fare on the ATH-LON leg, but only full fare Y is available on that flight. So the price qouted is not bookable.

Your outbound is easily booked on A3 website as a oneway, I suggest you look for another date or route for your return.
Thanks! I can book BA on the return for total 238 per person, still not bad.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:06 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Because ITA matrix sees phantom availability. It suggests a PNOBAG-fare on the ATH-LON leg, but only full fare Y is available on that flight.
Is there a way to tell ITA not to include these fares which are not actually available to book?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by :D!
Is there a way to tell ITA not to include these fares which are not actually available to book?
Not in this sense, assuming that you have the availability checker on: If ITA sees phantom availability, ITA thinks that the fare is available to book because of the erroneous availability information, and that's why it shows that fare.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:12 pm
formerly dave h.

Location: Seattle - it's not Hell, but you can SEA it from here!
Programs: SkyMiles, IHG nobody, HH nobody
i have a question about a specific flight, if anyone knows.

Dec. 2nd, Aegean 510 ATH-SKG-STR shows a 40 minute layover in SKG. both legs show as Flt 510, on an A321/2.

with that short of a layover, is this the same aircraft for both legs? or is this a plane change?

if it is the same plane, do i just stay on the plane with the same seat? or is 40 minutes enough time to deplane and use the facilities and get back on?

thanks.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
Does A3 ever release intra-Greece flights to *A partners for awards? Trying to book a flight for next March from Brussels to Santorini

For $214 USD I can buy BRU - ATH (overnight layover) - JTR, but I can only find awards that get me to ATH.

Is this just A3 not releasing any space this far out or do they never release space intra-Greece to partners?

I would prefer to use miles since I have them and I opted to pay for the airfare over the pond instead of using miles as I was planning on doing (thanks to the brief ST/OW/*A fare war earlier this week) so I want to use miles for intra-Europe now if possible but if I have to buy ATH - JTR for $75 I might as well buy BRU - ATH - JTR for $215
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I've been trying to check award availability out of ATH using the ANA tool and I can find NO AVAILABILITY to ANYWHERE from now right through until at least April. There's not only nothing on A3 (domestic or international) but also nothing with LH, SK, TK etc. This seems a little weird. There is availability out of SKG with OS, LH, TH and SK so I wonder what's up with ATH. I'm tending to think it's an issue with the ANA tool. Is that what you were using?
To partially answer my own question I believe there is space (I can see it now on EF which until now I didn't realize had A3 as an option).

It still doesn't show on UA.com so next step will be to call UA and see if I can add it to the end of a BRU - ATH trip
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by dave h.

Dec. 2nd, Aegean 510 ATH-SKG-STR shows a 40 minute layover in SKG. both legs show as Flt 510, on an A321/2.

with that short of a layover, is this the same aircraft for both legs? or is this a plane change?

if it is the same plane, do i just stay on the plane with the same seat? or is 40 minutes enough time to deplane and use the facilities and get back on?

thanks.
It's certainly the same plane, but I couldn't tell you whether you deplane.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:05 am

Same plane, and it also counts as only one segment for the entire ATH-STR trip, and the miles that will be credited should be the same as for a direct ATH-STR trip as well.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 6:27 am

thanks.
Usually you stay onboard for the layover if you are ticketed and holding a BP for the ATH-STR flight.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 7:09 pm
formerly dave h.

Location: Seattle - it's not Hell, but you can SEA it from here!
Programs: SkyMiles, IHG nobody, HH nobody
stay on the plane. got it. thanks for the help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.