Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold (*A), AF Gold (ST), HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Lounge in Chania Airport

Hi all,

A quick question, I have seen on this website :
http://www.chania-airport.com/facilities.html

That CHQ has a "VIP Lounge", any clue where it might be? Is there a contracted lounge somewhere at CHQ and does it allow A3 passengers in?

Thanks for your input !

PS: Sorry if this question has been dealt with before, I couldn't find any answer in other threads.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by ben434
Hi all,

A quick question, I have seen on this website :
http://www.chania-airport.com/facilities.html

That CHQ has a "VIP Lounge", any clue where it might be? Is there a contracted lounge somewhere at CHQ and does it allow A3 passengers in?

Thanks for your input !

PS: Sorry if this question has been dealt with before, I couldn't find any answer in other threads.
Never heard of one! If true, it must be new.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: A3 *G
I remember seeing signs for a lounge - just after security at the side of the duty free shop in the common area before you turn left for domestic or right for passport control. No idea what it's like inside as I haven't been down there for a few months, sorry.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold (*A), AF Gold (ST), HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks for your answers! I'll check it out in a few weeks and keep you updated.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:57 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I also remeber vaguely there was a lounge last summer- didn't go into it as I was pretty stressed out and late to arrive (took forever to return a car at Hertz office)
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: M&M Sen, M&S Elite
Well, I can at least confirm that there is a lounge (or was... this was more than a year ago). I have a vague recollection that it was to the right shortly after security, but in any case extremely easy to find. It was basically a single room with a small desk at the entrance, and basic facilities with drinks and snacks, no restrooms inside the lounge. We had access as *G on A3 tickets.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:57 pm

That's funny. I remember asking at the checkin counter for *G lounge and they told me, there is none available. Then again, that was during summer of 2013, so things could have changed..
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:20 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
There is some kind of a lounge for sure according to the signs, but I asked today at checkin (never thought of before as I live relatively close to the airport thus can arrive late) - but for A3 passengers there is no lounge available. So lgts's observation still stands.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:13 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
There is some kind of a lounge for sure according to the signs, but I asked today at checkin (never thought of before as I live relatively close to the airport thus can arrive late) - but for A3 passengers there is no lounge available. So lgts's observation still stands.
Weird timing! I promised to check out the possible CHQ lounge a couple of months ago and I just logged in to report that there isn't one. I was there this morning and I was told that the lounge signposted "VIP Lounge", just by gate 2 is indeed "only for the real VIPs". I guess that means the airport manager's daughter, anyone high enough in the church and politicians of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.