Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT may stink, but otherwise +++

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:19 am
Original Poster

IT may stink, but otherwise +++

Flying FCO-ATH-SKG-HER yesterday (I know, I know, weird itin, but it was cheaper than not going through SKG), we were 150 minutes late leaving from Rome, since only one of their runways was in use for both starts and landings. In ATH we were met by ground staff who gave all transfer passengers (~15) new BCs as well as vouchers for drinks/snacks. In my case they also had taken care of my luggage, re-checking it for the direct flight they re-booked me on. All in all, a very efficient handling of the situation.

PS Just checked my M&B account, the miles have been added in less than 24 and 18 hours after landing; what did I write in the title about their IT? But they didn't take into account the involuntary rerouting that brought me home 90 min earlier. I will not claim those miles, though, what would I do with an additional 500 ones?

Last edited by KLouis; Jan 31, 2015 at 4:16 am Reason: Added PS
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:18 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Also for IOA-ATH once I was surprised how pro-active the staff was when the plane was ready to take off, but we had to return to the very small terminal again due to a huge thunderstorm and Greek traffic control halting all flights from Western Greek airports all the way south to Araxos.

Great communication, personal attention to each passenger (by a single stewardess!) informing us and having a small chat, and we also immediately got vouchers in the terminal for a free coffee/bite. Honestly, when it comes to this human touch and general service A3/OA has never disappointed me.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
Login - ipad

Talking of IT , anyone else having issues with accessing a/c on the ipad.
Login ok & when clicking on transactions or any other cat's it throws you out & back to login !
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Thumbs up

wow, amazing service. I cant wait to try them in May.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by KLouis
we were 150 minutes late leaving from Rome
Aehm...
In Italy this means your flight was on-time
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
wow, amazing service. I cant wait to try them in May.
I wish you don't have to experience this kind of service
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KLouis
I wish you don't have to experience this kind of service
Oh no, I wasn't referring to the delay, I was referring to the staff waiting for arriving passengers and directing them to their destinations, unlike some other airlines that don't give a hoot.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:08 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Oh no, I wasn't referring to the delay, I was referring to the staff waiting for arriving passengers and directing them to their destinations, unlike some other airlines that don't give a hoot.
But surely KLouis would rather that you didn't have to experience a delay regardless of whether the way they manage delays is excellent or horrible!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D!
But surely KLouis would rather that you didn't have to experience a delay regardless of whether the way they manage delays is excellent or horrible!
If I weren't married, you'd have been the ideal partner for me: You understand me 100%!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.