A guide to SKG (Thessaloniki) airport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
A guide to SKG (Thessaloniki) airport

[mod note]
This was originally posted in the "4-sector" thread, but I think it contains valuable information on how to use SKG airport so I have broken it out into its own thread.
NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
[/mod note]

We are departing from SKG to CDG via ATH at 640am. I have booked the Holiday Inn in SKG. What time must we be at the airport in the morning and we only have carry on luggage?

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jan 28, 2015 at 11:52 am Reason: Break out into new thread
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I do not want to start a new thread.

We are departing from SKG to CDG via ATH at 640am. I have booked the Holiday Inn in SKG. What time must we be at the airport in the morning and we only have carry on luggage?
30-40 min. earlier should be fine, if you have already checked in, or if you're supposed to go to the Business/*G counter.

Taxi to SKG from the HI should take about 20 min. this time of day!

Don't forget: Lounge at SKG has good coffee, good stuff for a small breakfast, and they bus you to the airport directly from there!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
30-40 min. earlier should be fine, if you have already checked in, or if you're supposed to go to the Business/*G counter.

Taxi to SKG from the HI should take about 20 min. this time of day!

Don't forget: Lounge at SKG has good coffee, good stuff for a small breakfast, and they bus you to the airport directly from there!
You mean they bus me to the plane from the lounge? All passengers are bused or only Business class.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:11 am

You mean they bus me to the plane from the lounge? All passengers are bused or only Business class.
Business class and *Golds. Of course, you don't have to, you can also board with the coach passengers, this will only give you a little more time for coffee
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks NWIFlyer and KLouis.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by KLouis
Business class and *Golds.
I would like to add that the above bus service for Business Class and *G from SKG lounge, is limited for A3 flights.

If you fly on any other *A flight, you have to board with the coach passengers.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kallisthenis
I would like to add that the above bus service for Business Class and *G from SKG lounge, is limited for A3 flights.

If you fly on any other *A flight, you have to board with the coach passengers.
Now we are both Star Golds & are in J, but my niece at the moment has no status and not upgraded as there is no I space. I wonder if she will get access to the lounge and get on the bus with us.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
I flew in and out of SKG earlier this month and was most impressed by this perk of boarding directly from the lounge. I also appreciated how quick and economical ( 2 Euros) the #78 airport bus service from the city was.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: A3 *G
Now we are both Star Golds & are in J, but my niece at the moment has no status and not upgraded as there is no I space. I wonder if she will get access to the lounge and get on the bus with us.
AS you are *G, you are each allowed to take a guest into the lounge so your niece will be OK. I'd imagine they would let her travel on the bus with you as there's no additional cost involved - it would be rather petty of them if they didn't!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:51 am

Its also quite nice that they bus business class passengers from the plane to the terminal when disembarking separately from economy passengers as well (not sure if this is standard practice at other airports). Made for a nice moment when I was the only (upgraded) passenger in business, feeling like a celebrity as an entire plane load of people watched me descend the steps and board the first bus by myself!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:29 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by flyer05
Its also quite nice that they bus business class passengers from the plane to the terminal when disembarking separately from economy passengers as well (not sure if this is standard practice at other airports). Made for a nice moment when I was the only (upgraded) passenger in business, feeling like a celebrity as an entire plane load of people watched me descend the steps and board the first bus by myself!
Yes, standard practice at ATH as well - as I had a practical example of it about 30 minutes ago! MrsNWIFlyer did wonder what was going on when the doors closed with only five of us on a rather large bus ...
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Yes, standard practice at ATH as well - as I had a practical example of it about 30 minutes ago! MrsNWIFlyer did wonder what was going on when the doors closed with only five of us on a rather large bus ...
I think that is a great experience, thanks for sharing. Do we have a trip report section for Aegean or do we report on FT's Trip report section?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Good to hear that they do that in ATH as well! Any other airports where they have this perk?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

On arrival in Paris, I guess the plane is connected to the aerobridge and even if it is parked remotely there wont be a dedicated bus for J passengers?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by vd0t
Good to hear that they do that in ATH as well! Any other airports where they have this perk?
Im all Greek airports in which passengers are bussed, but as far as I'm aware of, in none of the airports abroad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.