Search

SQ vs TG More Reliable for MB accrual?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
SQ vs TG More Reliable for MB accrual?

Originally Posted by Tim Winter
I booked FRA - JFK on Singapore Airlines in K Class in Januar 2015.

While in the Earning Chart on the Aegean Website listed with 100% accural, SQ says K Class doesnt earn any Miles on external ffp.

What is to expect?
After reading the above post, I'm wondering if I should rethink my plan to fly SQ from DXB-BKK in January on a higher-priced H-class fare if there's a history of SQ's being reluctant to credit mileage to A3. (According to the A3 accrual chart, H class on SQ should earn 100% of miles flown in the MB program even though the SQ website indicates the fare only accrues 50% of miles flown for the KF program). Alternatively, I could fly a more direct route on TG (which accrues fewer miles) for about the same fare. Any experiences on which airline more reliably credits miles to MB? Thanks.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:15 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Over the past two years, I've had SQ LHR-SIN flights consistently credit at 100% in W, M, Y, B, S & H fare buckets, the last one in April 2014. These were all either Flexi or Flexi Saver buckets.

I see no reason why this should now be any different.

IME, anything booked in a Flexi category will earn at 100%. Everything else is zero.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Dec 14, 2014 at 11:23 pm
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:47 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
I've not booked K class but would echo what NWIFlyer has said. Any SQ fare I've flown on where the A3 earning chart says that the fare earns miles has credited fine.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Had a number of SQ Flexi and Flexi savers that credited fine into A3 MB (mostly within 2 days too).

Friend of mine had an issue with TG Q class (I think), that did not credit into A3 MB.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:51 am
Community Director

I would personally be nervous about a K fare - SQ appears to have re-aligned fare buckets in the last few months, and K is now 10% earning in their own program (so it probably now aligns to a 'Sweet Deals' fare). I would expect, in due course, this will get reflected in a new earnings table for A3, so flights well out must be at particular risk.

Contrary to the OP's posting, H class has always been - and remains - a Flexi Saver fare, and it credits at 100% to KrisFlyer. I'd have no concerns about booking under that.

N & Q are what earn at 50% in KrisFlyer, and they have always been zero earning under every other FFP, including A3.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by razorblade
Friend of mine had an issue with TG Q class (I think), that did not credit into A3 MB.
I've had 4 TG Q class flights credit 100% as specified in M&B.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: KF*G, Cathay Silver
all my TG flights that are in J and Q class were posted to a3 without any issues. same with SQ flights (flexi fares). In terms of reliability, both seem to be on par.

However, like OP's concern, i too have a K fare on SQ on Jan. Have emailed aegean if their accrual chart by SQ is updated, but so far no response yet.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yewgene
all my TG flights that are in J and Q class were posted to a3 without any issues. same with SQ flights (flexi fares). In terms of reliability, both seem to be on par.

However, like OP's concern, i too have a K fare on SQ on Jan. Have emailed aegean if their accrual chart by SQ is updated, but so far no response yet.
Did you get 200% for the J class fares on TG?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:37 am
Community Director

You seriously contacted A3 to tell them you'd bought a fare which was at the cheap end of SQ's scale, and probably should not earn miles under SQ's new fare bucket alignment, and would A3 like to re-consider whether their earnings chart was correct?

If you're stuck with a fare in the future, it's honestly best not to alert the crediting airline and then hope for the best ... the worst that can happen is that the chart gets updated and you earn the zero miles you 'deserve', but equally you might get a rather nice present!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:37 am

Chill dude I agree with you no doubt, but at the end of the day, It's all for the benefit for travelers to manage their accrual expectations accordingly (at least flying on sq metal and accruing on a3). Instead of wasting time bickering back & forth between sq/a3 over the miles.

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
You seriously contacted A3 to tell them you'd bought a fare which was at the cheap end of SQ's scale, and probably should not earn miles under SQ's new fare bucket alignment, and would A3 like to re-consider whether their earnings chart was correct?

If you're stuck with a fare in the future, it's honestly best not to alert the crediting airline and then hope for the best ... the worst that can happen is that the chart gets updated and you earn the zero miles you 'deserve', but equally you might get a rather nice present!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by dmilsi
Did you get 200% for the J class fares on TG?
Yes. All miles posted between 4-7 days after the flight.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:03 am

Both is fine. Flew eight sector with SQ, all the miles posted in four days. Flew with TG to Tokyo in J, miles posted in six days with 200% love it .
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:29 am
Community Director

Chill dude I agree with you no doubt, but at the end of the day, It's all for the benefit for travelers to manage their accrual expectations accordingly (at least flying on sq metal and accruing on a3). Instead of wasting time bickering back & forth between sq/a3 over the miles.
Fully chilled and horizontal, particularly as I don't have the problem .

So you're saying it's better to have the certainty of zero miles by alerting A3 of the need to update their earnings chart, rather than the possible chance of getting 100% if they don't get round to it before you fly? Hmmm ...

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Dec 16, 2014 at 10:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.