Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Together account - details, issues and questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: benberg2013
Together Account Terms and Conditions

These details, copied from the Aegean website, explains how a Miles and Bonus Together account works.

- A Together account can be created only by active Miles+Bonus members that belong to the Silver or Gold tier. The Together account activation can only be accomplished electronically, via the Aegean official website and only after the Member logs in to his/her personal Miles+Bonus account. The Member that activates the Together account is automatically nominated as the Head of the Together account.

- In case the Member, Head of the Together account, is downgraded to the Blue tier, then the Together account will be cancelled and all the award miles accumulated, will be transferred to the personal Miles+Bonus account of the Head.

- A Together account can consist of 2 to 6 members.

- The Head as well as all Together members under the Relation Type “Father”, “Mother”, “Spouse” and “Companion” must be over 18 years old, whereas Members under the Relation Type "Brother", "Child", "Companion", "Friend" and "Sister" must be over 2 years old.

- The Head must invite the members that wishes to include in the Together account via an electronic message. The invited members must be active Miles+Bonus members that do not belong to another Together account or have not opt-out or been removed from a Together account in less than a six (6) months period and have a valid email account registered in their profile. It is clarified that the invited Members reserve the right to accept or reject their invitation within a period of 10 days. After that period, the invitation will expire and the Head may resend the invitation to the same or any other Member.

- As soon as a Member accepts the invitation to participate in a Together account, all 100% of the award miles collected into his/her personal Miles+Bonus account are transferred to the Together account. All 100% of his/her award miles will be transferred to the Together account for as long as the Member belongs to the Together account.

- The Head is exclusively responsible for the control of the Together account (add /remove members). The Head can accomplish changes by logging in his/her personal Miles+Bonus account.

- Any member added to a Together account cannot be removed in less than six (6) months from the join date.

- The Members that opt-out or are removed from a Together account, are not eligible to create or participate in a Together account for a period of six (6) months from the opt-out or removal date.

- The Head that opts-out or deactivates a Together account or is downgraded to the Blue tier, is not eligible to create or participate in a Together account for a period of six (6) months from the opt-out, removal or downgrade date.
It is clarified that a Together account cannot be cancelled in less than 6 months from the day of the Together account's creation.

- The Head is exclusively responsible for the administration of the Together account. The Head reserves the right to provide access to the members he wishes, in order for them to be able to view the Together accrual and redemption transactions, as well as to redeem award miles.

- If a Together Member wishes to opt-out from the Together account, the total award miles that have been accumulated to the Together account or part of them, cannot be transferred to his personal Miles+Bonus account.
In the event of a Head ‘s death, the Together Account and the total award Miles will be automatically cancelled.

- If the Head wishes to opt-out from the Together account, the Together account will be cancelled and the total award miles that have been accumulated will be transferred to his personal Miles+Bonus account.
Aegean reserves the right to reject any application of a Together account in case it is not compatible with the terms and conditions.

- Aegean has the right to deactivate the Together program and cancel the relevant miles without notification if - for a period of 6 months from the activation day - no flight transaction with Aegean, Olympic Air or any Star Alliance member airline, has been added by any of the Together Members.
Aegean reserves the right to annul or modify at its own private discretion, anytime and with no previous notice the Program's terms and conditions, as they are mentioned in this document. The new terms and conditions apply upon their publication.

- A Member's participation in the Program after the publication of the new terms and conditions implies their unconditional acceptance

Together Miles Accrual

- All miles accrued on a Together account are award miles. Each Together member may accrue tier miles at his personal Miles+Bonus account. However, the award miles will be added and accumulated under the Together account.

For example:

A Together member flies from Athens to Thessaloniki in W booking class. The miles that will be added as follows:
500 tier miles to his personal Miles+Bonus account
500 award miles to the Together account

A necessary requirement for adding miles to the Together account is the completion of the transaction (Aegean, Olympic Air, and partners) by each Together member, through his/her personal Miles+Bonus account.

There is no card issued for the Together accounts and the Together account number is not registered nor indicated during accrual transactions.

A Together member is obliged to indicate his personal Miles+Bonus card number during the ticket reservation, as well as presenting his card at the check in counter.

A Together member is obliged to indicate and present his personal Miles+Bonus card during any transaction with the partners of Miles+Bonus.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, *G

Has anyone been able to activate their "together" account for sharing?
I keep getting the following error message...
"The Together account cannot be created. Please update your profile and try again after."
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
same here...
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: Aegean *G
Originally Posted by gnof
Has anyone been able to activate their "together" account for sharing?
I keep getting the following error message...
"The Together account cannot be created. Please update your profile and try again after."
i did it almost immediately when the first links of the new miles&bonus website were posted here. the links were obviously not the final ones but the Together function turned out to work OK. invitation was send easily but when my wife tried to accept the invitation the website was freezing. eventually it worked out.

I even managed to book an award ticket today for January MUC-LAS by using our family's Together account.

Last edited by kapami; Nov 27, 2014 at 3:38 pm
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:46 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
It does seem that clicking through from different places works different ways. I had the same problem initially, but managed to create one by working through the a3.frequentflyer.aero address. Of course, that was a few days ago and since then many of the options have been removed, reappeared and been removed from that menu again, so that particular route may have been closed off.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:26 am

Programs: TK*S, KF Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by frenchft
same here...
me too..any idea when this will be fixed?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Doesn't work for me as well...
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: CX G QR G A3 G CZ G
I guess we are supposed to update our profiles, except that we don't know where to do so.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: A3 *S
Same here
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: A3*G
I managed to bypass the "please update your profile" error by going to the hidden

http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...te-my-profile/

shuffling my details around a bit and hitting submit.

Works ok now.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:05 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by nicksterdgd
I guess we are supposed to update our profiles, except that we don't know where to do so.
I can say from experience that this almost certainly isn't the root cause and so won't make any difference - I updated mine (when the option was available) and the same error was returned until I went in through the 'base' site (which isn't now available).

I'm afraid, though it might very well be frustrating, it's going to be a case of waiting (and waiting, and waiting, and waiting) until A3 manages to sort this less than edifying mess out.

Acceptable? Absolutely not. Predictable? Probably. Reality? Definitely.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I'm afraid, though it might very well be frustrating, it's going to be a case of waiting (and waiting, and waiting, and waiting) until A3 manages to sort this less than edifying mess out.

Acceptable? Absolutely not. Predictable? Probably. Reality? Definitely.
We are in 2014... and A3 is not able to pre-production testing, etc etc... not acceptable, for sure!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:27 am
Community Director

We are in 2014...
At the current rate of progress, we'll probably be in 2015 before everything functions properly!

I think maybe this is surpassing even BMI's worst IT snaffu, which is nothing if not an achievement ...
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:49 am

Agree with you, but the worst thing is that they are not able to communicate (even not an email to members since new program) or post an update on facebook/twitter. Hope for them that the future will not be a BMI like ...
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:08 am
Community Director

Agree with you, but the worst thing is that they are not able to communicate (even not an email to members since new program) or post an update on facebook/twitter. Hope for them that the future will not be a BMI like ...
You're right - that's been a major failing, and a surprising diversion from A3's usual level of customer focus which I find very impressive.

I think the financial position is a little more promising than with BD though (the Q3 figures recently released were very good, and A3 seem to have a clear direction and a good handle on revenue management and route choices), so I wouldn't have too many worries on that score ...
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:43 am

The twitter team is very funny but not very confident... it "seems" that the site is back... lol :https://twitter.com/aegeanairlines/s...71366721773569

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.