Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Together account - details, issues and questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: benberg2013
Together Account Terms and Conditions

These details, copied from the Aegean website, explains how a Miles and Bonus Together account works.

- A Together account can be created only by active Miles+Bonus members that belong to the Silver or Gold tier. The Together account activation can only be accomplished electronically, via the Aegean official website and only after the Member logs in to his/her personal Miles+Bonus account. The Member that activates the Together account is automatically nominated as the Head of the Together account.

- In case the Member, Head of the Together account, is downgraded to the Blue tier, then the Together account will be cancelled and all the award miles accumulated, will be transferred to the personal Miles+Bonus account of the Head.

- A Together account can consist of 2 to 6 members.

- The Head as well as all Together members under the Relation Type “Father”, “Mother”, “Spouse” and “Companion” must be over 18 years old, whereas Members under the Relation Type "Brother", "Child", "Companion", "Friend" and "Sister" must be over 2 years old.

- The Head must invite the members that wishes to include in the Together account via an electronic message. The invited members must be active Miles+Bonus members that do not belong to another Together account or have not opt-out or been removed from a Together account in less than a six (6) months period and have a valid email account registered in their profile. It is clarified that the invited Members reserve the right to accept or reject their invitation within a period of 10 days. After that period, the invitation will expire and the Head may resend the invitation to the same or any other Member.

- As soon as a Member accepts the invitation to participate in a Together account, all 100% of the award miles collected into his/her personal Miles+Bonus account are transferred to the Together account. All 100% of his/her award miles will be transferred to the Together account for as long as the Member belongs to the Together account.

- The Head is exclusively responsible for the control of the Together account (add /remove members). The Head can accomplish changes by logging in his/her personal Miles+Bonus account.

- Any member added to a Together account cannot be removed in less than six (6) months from the join date.

- The Members that opt-out or are removed from a Together account, are not eligible to create or participate in a Together account for a period of six (6) months from the opt-out or removal date.

- The Head that opts-out or deactivates a Together account or is downgraded to the Blue tier, is not eligible to create or participate in a Together account for a period of six (6) months from the opt-out, removal or downgrade date.
It is clarified that a Together account cannot be cancelled in less than 6 months from the day of the Together account's creation.

- The Head is exclusively responsible for the administration of the Together account. The Head reserves the right to provide access to the members he wishes, in order for them to be able to view the Together accrual and redemption transactions, as well as to redeem award miles.

- If a Together Member wishes to opt-out from the Together account, the total award miles that have been accumulated to the Together account or part of them, cannot be transferred to his personal Miles+Bonus account.
In the event of a Head ‘s death, the Together Account and the total award Miles will be automatically cancelled.

- If the Head wishes to opt-out from the Together account, the Together account will be cancelled and the total award miles that have been accumulated will be transferred to his personal Miles+Bonus account.
Aegean reserves the right to reject any application of a Together account in case it is not compatible with the terms and conditions.

- Aegean has the right to deactivate the Together program and cancel the relevant miles without notification if - for a period of 6 months from the activation day - no flight transaction with Aegean, Olympic Air or any Star Alliance member airline, has been added by any of the Together Members.
Aegean reserves the right to annul or modify at its own private discretion, anytime and with no previous notice the Program's terms and conditions, as they are mentioned in this document. The new terms and conditions apply upon their publication.

- A Member's participation in the Program after the publication of the new terms and conditions implies their unconditional acceptance

Together Miles Accrual

- All miles accrued on a Together account are award miles. Each Together member may accrue tier miles at his personal Miles+Bonus account. However, the award miles will be added and accumulated under the Together account.

For example:

A Together member flies from Athens to Thessaloniki in W booking class. The miles that will be added as follows:
500 tier miles to his personal Miles+Bonus account
500 award miles to the Together account

A necessary requirement for adding miles to the Together account is the completion of the transaction (Aegean, Olympic Air, and partners) by each Together member, through his/her personal Miles+Bonus account.

There is no card issued for the Together accounts and the Together account number is not registered nor indicated during accrual transactions.

A Together member is obliged to indicate his personal Miles+Bonus card number during the ticket reservation, as well as presenting his card at the check in counter.

A Together member is obliged to indicate and present his personal Miles+Bonus card during any transaction with the partners of Miles+Bonus.
Print Wikipost

Together account - details, issues and questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
The BA household account admittedly does not show you how or where the points have come from.

However other airlines' family schemes do.

Virgin Australia Family Pooling shows you where points have come from that transfer into the head's account.

Asiana Family Mileage Plan shows you how many miles each family member has within the combined pool.

The BMI household account used to let to the head see where miles were coming from.

If other airlines can do it why not A3?

I agree A3 should fix basic crediting errors first - and enable people to be invited to join the Together account as this is a pretty major flaw. I called about this again today and apparently this is a know issue and they are looking into it...

However current screens are not ideal as the system does not show the individual members that the points have correctly credited and transferred, and in the Together account view it does not show where the points have come from - I think this is going to cause problems when it comes to keeping track of points coming in especially for accounts which have a few active flyers on them.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:12 pm

An update: now I have a properly functioning Together account with all members joined and all members' balances (including the post November 2014 new members' joining bonuses) are credited to the Together account.

It took about 8 phone calls, typically one a week, to chase the matter and only the last two phone calls achieved anything. Most agents said they would refer the matter to the responsible team and ask them to look into it - judging by his approach on the phone, I think the last agent might have been more direct with his colleagues than the previous ones.

A few datapoints:

- The initial invitations I sent to the three members I wished to invite, and the subsequent re-invitations to those members, never resulted in an invite email arriving in the member's account.

- One of them was subsequently marked 'rejected' as a result of M&B doing a name correction on that person (after their system would not let them join with their correct name saying that more than four of the same letter in a row was not allowed - when there were no more two letters in a row in the name). Once marked 'rejected' there is no link to re-invite the member, and when I went back to the invitation page to fill in their details again, the system would not let me, saying their account was inactive, which it was not. This was finally solved in the penultimate phone call to M&B, when a M&B agent generated a re-invitation directly from their systems, which set the status back to pending (invitation issued). The previous invitation to the member concerned remains in the list as 'rejected'. The new 'pending' invitation appeared below this.

- For the member who had had the account membership name correction, once M&B had re-invited them, the invite email appeared in their email account after a short delay So if you can get M&B to re-send the email for you, or reject the invitation and then re-invite, the invite emails may reach your intended recipients. In this case, took 15 minutes from the status changing to 'pending' for the email to go be received.

- Just before the member who had had the account memvesname correction was successfully re-invited by M&B, I was told that the problem was that the email addresses used for the members were a 'company' email address (which Aegean defined in his case as an email address at a domain, which I happen I own and run - they wanted a 'personal' email address which they apparently define as a yahoo, gmail, hotmail, iCloud or similar address). Apparently their system will not send to a 'non-personal' address. I did not get any sense out of Aegean as to why that would be intended to be the case or even how it would work - I don't see how Aegean could hope to maintain a database of 'personal' and 'non-personal' domains, or even of ISP mail domains. The addresses at my domain for the members concerned had been happily been receiving statements, marketing mails etc from Aegean.

- Aegean advised to changes the email addresses used for these members over to 'personal' (read generic ISP) email addresses and to change back alter after the Together account had been created. I changed all the email addresses for the members to iCloud and gmail addresses and re-sent the invitations - nothing happened. However, during this time,, the member who had had the account name correction, and who had just been sent the manual re-invite by Aegean themselves, then received the mail to their original email address (their domain address at my domain), so clearly the use of an address at a personal/company domain is not an issue, at least if Aegean send the mail.

- In the case of this member, once we had clicked on the accept incitation email, their status changed to accepted and their miles appeared in the Together Account pretty instantly.

- Several M&B agents promised to ask the back office to arrange for the invite emails for the outstanding members to join, however the final agent managed to get someone to set the statuses of the remaining two members to accepted without resending emails - within 5 mins of my getting off the phone.

- The last two agents asked for my M&B password, and the Together account password, in order to solve the problem. I guess they use this to log into the account from their end. No dis

So conflicting messages from Aegean, no response to emails and no follow-up phone call from the people i spoke too, but we now know that:

1. Aegean can resend the invitation email themselves if they want to - at least if it is showing as rejected.

2. When Aegean send an re-invitation themselves, it does arrive at the recipient's email address (at least in this case).

3. It would seem there is not a limitation to 'personal' email addresses, despite what Aegean say.

4. Aegean are capable of just adding members to a Together account without emails being sent or links needing to be clicked, if they want to.

5. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again. With another agent, YMMV.

I hope this information is helpful to others!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:26 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by wyvern
I hope this information is helpful to others!
wyvern, thank you for such an informative post. There's certainly an awful lot in it that will be helpful to other members - truly the spirit of FT!

Oh, and congratulations on your persistence - looks like you fatigue a lot less than most of us!!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Wow..... I've just got up but I think I need to go back to bed for a rest... Thanks for the hard work explaining everything. I'm setting up mine later in the year but at least it will be with mine plus four brand new accounts (for my family) that have yet to be set up. Should allow me to be more methodical and consistent (e.g. I'll use all Gmail addresses) and hopefully it'll go OK.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 4:14 pm

@NWIFlyer - thanks, have benefited from FT a fair bit so only fair to give back. Together accounts look like they could be a good thing, it's just a shame they are so hard to set up.

Also a shame that A3 seem to have stopped answering emails (why list an address if you don't reply to emails?), but at least if you keep calling you should be able to find an agent who can help, eventually...

I still think the web tools for Together accounts could be improved, such as being able to access the Together account while logged into the head's personal account without needing to log out and in again, and seeing from which member incoming/transferred points have come from - here's hoping A3 introduce a lurker/representative here at some stage so we can feed these kinds of things back to them.

@Knobbgb - watch that those gmail accounts don't treat A3's mail as spam!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
i'll wait until all the bugs are out
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:10 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by SiberianTiger
i'll wait until all the bugs are out
I think you'll be waiting a long while - this is probably as efficient as it's going to get! Come on, dive in - the water's lovely
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:34 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I think you'll be waiting a long while - this is probably as efficient as it's going to get! Come on, dive in - the water's lovely
^

If OP only wants to dip his toes to get acquainted with the environment, I guess I could invite him to join my together
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:57 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by intuition
^

If OP only wants to dip his toes to get acquainted with the environment, I guess I could invite him to join my together

Our first phishing scam on the A3 forum
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer

Our first phishing scam on the A3 forum
LOL
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:02 pm

Just to report that the Together account seems to work - a member of my Together account took their first flights and their miles credited ok.

I still think it would be helpful if the together account transaction view showed which member the miles had come from.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I have a friend who needed a few more miles to receive a one way in business from Europe to North America (45,000 miles), I joined him to my Together account, booked the ticket, but then realized he can only be removed from my together account 6 months after being added, so he'll credit his points to some other FFP.
This 6 months rule, together with the "up to 5 people" rule, is probably there, among other reasons, to stop people finding people who don't claim miles, making accounts under their name, making them part of their together account, then removing them straight away, and again and again etc.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:17 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Just adding an observation which I don't think have been reported before.

A retro claim for a flight taken before the account joined together will still go to together account once it posts. Pretty logical if you think about it, but you never know. So if anyone thought retro claim could "save a fligth" to the original account, then now you know.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
There is a simple foolproof way of activating a Together Account. Ask the proposed members to temporarily change their M&B e-mail contact to your own e-mail. The invitations will then be sent to you, allowing you to reply and accept. The e-mail contact details can then be changed after set-up. I did this for my wife and daughter with the result that the Together Account was set up extremely quickly - the invitations arrived in two minutes and were accepted shortly thereafter.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Together : how u understand this?

"Aegean has the right to deactivate the Together program and cancel the relevant miles without notification if - for a period of 6 months from the activation day - no flight transaction with Aegean, Olympic Air or any Star Alliance member airline, has been added by any of the Together Members."

for you together members includes the together head or not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.