Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Together account - details, issues and questions

Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: benberg2013
Together Account Terms and Conditions

These details, copied from the Aegean website, explains how a Miles and Bonus Together account works.

- A Together account can be created only by active Miles+Bonus members that belong to the Silver or Gold tier. The Together account activation can only be accomplished electronically, via the Aegean official website and only after the Member logs in to his/her personal Miles+Bonus account. The Member that activates the Together account is automatically nominated as the Head of the Together account.

- In case the Member, Head of the Together account, is downgraded to the Blue tier, then the Together account will be cancelled and all the award miles accumulated, will be transferred to the personal Miles+Bonus account of the Head.

- A Together account can consist of 2 to 6 members.

- The Head as well as all Together members under the Relation Type “Father”, “Mother”, “Spouse” and “Companion” must be over 18 years old, whereas Members under the Relation Type "Brother", "Child", "Companion", "Friend" and "Sister" must be over 2 years old.

- The Head must invite the members that wishes to include in the Together account via an electronic message. The invited members must be active Miles+Bonus members that do not belong to another Together account or have not opt-out or been removed from a Together account in less than a six (6) months period and have a valid email account registered in their profile. It is clarified that the invited Members reserve the right to accept or reject their invitation within a period of 10 days. After that period, the invitation will expire and the Head may resend the invitation to the same or any other Member.

- As soon as a Member accepts the invitation to participate in a Together account, all 100% of the award miles collected into his/her personal Miles+Bonus account are transferred to the Together account. All 100% of his/her award miles will be transferred to the Together account for as long as the Member belongs to the Together account.

- The Head is exclusively responsible for the control of the Together account (add /remove members). The Head can accomplish changes by logging in his/her personal Miles+Bonus account.

- Any member added to a Together account cannot be removed in less than six (6) months from the join date.

- The Members that opt-out or are removed from a Together account, are not eligible to create or participate in a Together account for a period of six (6) months from the opt-out or removal date.

- The Head that opts-out or deactivates a Together account or is downgraded to the Blue tier, is not eligible to create or participate in a Together account for a period of six (6) months from the opt-out, removal or downgrade date.
It is clarified that a Together account cannot be cancelled in less than 6 months from the day of the Together account's creation.

- The Head is exclusively responsible for the administration of the Together account. The Head reserves the right to provide access to the members he wishes, in order for them to be able to view the Together accrual and redemption transactions, as well as to redeem award miles.

- If a Together Member wishes to opt-out from the Together account, the total award miles that have been accumulated to the Together account or part of them, cannot be transferred to his personal Miles+Bonus account.
In the event of a Head ‘s death, the Together Account and the total award Miles will be automatically cancelled.

- If the Head wishes to opt-out from the Together account, the Together account will be cancelled and the total award miles that have been accumulated will be transferred to his personal Miles+Bonus account.
Aegean reserves the right to reject any application of a Together account in case it is not compatible with the terms and conditions.

- Aegean has the right to deactivate the Together program and cancel the relevant miles without notification if - for a period of 6 months from the activation day - no flight transaction with Aegean, Olympic Air or any Star Alliance member airline, has been added by any of the Together Members.
Aegean reserves the right to annul or modify at its own private discretion, anytime and with no previous notice the Program's terms and conditions, as they are mentioned in this document. The new terms and conditions apply upon their publication.

- A Member's participation in the Program after the publication of the new terms and conditions implies their unconditional acceptance

Together Miles Accrual

- All miles accrued on a Together account are award miles. Each Together member may accrue tier miles at his personal Miles+Bonus account. However, the award miles will be added and accumulated under the Together account.

For example:

A Together member flies from Athens to Thessaloniki in W booking class. The miles that will be added as follows:
500 tier miles to his personal Miles+Bonus account
500 award miles to the Together account

A necessary requirement for adding miles to the Together account is the completion of the transaction (Aegean, Olympic Air, and partners) by each Together member, through his/her personal Miles+Bonus account.

There is no card issued for the Together accounts and the Together account number is not registered nor indicated during accrual transactions.

A Together member is obliged to indicate his personal Miles+Bonus card number during the ticket reservation, as well as presenting his card at the check in counter.

A Together member is obliged to indicate and present his personal Miles+Bonus card during any transaction with the partners of Miles+Bonus.
Print Wikipost

Together account - details, issues and questions

Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I think the financial position is a little more promising than with BD though (the Q3 figures recently released were very good, and A3 seem to have a clear direction and a good handle on revenue management and route choices), so I wouldn't have too many worries on that score ...
Agree, just seen the press release, impressive and the strategy sounds very interesting will a real and strong biz dev on some key destinations.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
UPDATE : it's working now. All functionnalities (except awards) are working on the together account.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
It's still not working for me

When I try to activate the account, it gives the update profile error, and when I try to send an invitation, it tells me that the member I'm trying to invite doesn't exist
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:15 am

Programs: A3*G
For the member that doesn't exist: have you tried using capitals?

I managed to bypass the update profile error by going to the Update My Profile and shuffling things around a bit. Update My Profile is still hidden in the menu, unfortunately I can't post the link – I tried that a couple of days ago and my post went into queue for approval forever.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:33 am
Suspended

After enabling 3rd party cookies it does work...

But not the Together account activation.
Link should be:

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...ether-account/
Response is now:
HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.NullPointerException

To update your profile go to:
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...te-my-profile/
Works

Last edited by SwissCircle; Nov 29, 2014 at 2:40 am
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
I updated profile using the link... (no confirmation)
I activated Together account... (no confirmation)
I sent Together request... (confirmation popup).
Companion accepted via e-mail.
I now have 0 miles!!!! What happened? I tried booking a cheap dummy flight and it says I don't have enough miles!! Where are my miles?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
I now have 0 miles!!!! What happened? I tried booking a cheap dummy flight and it says I don't have enough miles!! Where are my miles?
Lost in cyberspace...
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:18 am

Consider yourself officially unlucky

Seriously, there must be something very wrong with the new M+B-site. It seems to be in Alpha-state at best, and one should not really be surprised that many weird things happen to accounts, miles and (missing) functions. If the problems persists, I would make a call to CS, if I were you.

Snacky
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Ok i just created a together account, added my mom and my brother. All invitation status are accepted but i see in my account (head) as 0 award miles??

Where can i see the total miles of a together acct? I just created it and invite my members, or it just takes a while to be displayed correctly in the Aegean website?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by mvtm
Ok i just created a together account, added my mom and my brother. All invitation status are accepted but i see in my account (head) as 0 award miles??

Where can i see the total miles of a together acct? I just created it and invite my members, or it just takes a while to be displayed correctly in the Aegean website?
I just saw it, when you create a together acct, Aegean actually transfers the miles to another place. A new acct, in this case the together membership number account. When you create the together account you receive an email with an additional membership number and a new password. Then you log in on Aegean main site and you see the miles all pooled together.

My question in my case, since i merged 3 Star Alliance Gold members in my case, if my together account should have any status tier???? I want to keep my Gold privileges (of course) in my together account.

I don't know if this affects redeeming. What status tier is my together acct?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by mvtm
I just saw it, when you create a together acct, Aegean actually transfers the miles to another place. A new acct, in this case the together membership number account. When you create the together account you receive an email with an additional membership number and a new password. Then you log in on Aegean main site and you see the miles all pooled together.

My question in my case, since i merged 3 Star Alliance Gold members in my case, if my together account should have any status tier???? I want to keep my Gold privileges (of course) in my together account.

I don't know if this affects redeeming. What status tier is my together acct?
A together account doesn't have a tier. This is explained somewhere in the programme description. The ward miles for all members go to the together account and everybody keeps collecting tier miles individually.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Jasperi
A together account doesn't have a tier. This is explained somewhere in the programme description. The ward miles for all members go to the together account and everybody keeps collecting tier miles individually.
Is there any difference when redeeming partners awards , doing it from a together acct, or in star alliance when you are Gold do you get better redemption treatment, or anything like that exists? I just want to make sure it is the same thing. Just curiosity.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, *G
Thanks everyone for their replies.
I guess I'll hold off updating until they get it working...
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:02 am

Even with together account you have to use your personnal account when booking paid tickets in order to get the tiers miles posted on your personnal account + gold status privilege.

Only award miles will be posted in the together account (this is normal, because it's a pooled account), and this for all the members of the account (but only the head can decide what to do with the miles).

As you can see, tiers miles are still something "personnal". It's normal that u get 0 award miles in your account, because as u have activated together, they have been transfered to the pooled account.

In order to request a miles redemption you have to use the together account of course. This is the same process as before, close from all the other "familly programs". Regarding being gold for redemption, i think it's not influencing nothing with A3 and even less with other *A programs. There is no "special priority status" for redemption with A3 as we can get with M&M for hon and senators.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:09 am

If you lose Gold status, what happens to the together account and their miles?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.