Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Together account - details, issues and questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: benberg2013
Together Account Terms and Conditions

These details, copied from the Aegean website, explains how a Miles and Bonus Together account works.

- A Together account can be created only by active Miles+Bonus members that belong to the Silver or Gold tier. The Together account activation can only be accomplished electronically, via the Aegean official website and only after the Member logs in to his/her personal Miles+Bonus account. The Member that activates the Together account is automatically nominated as the Head of the Together account.

- In case the Member, Head of the Together account, is downgraded to the Blue tier, then the Together account will be cancelled and all the award miles accumulated, will be transferred to the personal Miles+Bonus account of the Head.

- A Together account can consist of 2 to 6 members.

- The Head as well as all Together members under the Relation Type “Father”, “Mother”, “Spouse” and “Companion” must be over 18 years old, whereas Members under the Relation Type "Brother", "Child", "Companion", "Friend" and "Sister" must be over 2 years old.

- The Head must invite the members that wishes to include in the Together account via an electronic message. The invited members must be active Miles+Bonus members that do not belong to another Together account or have not opt-out or been removed from a Together account in less than a six (6) months period and have a valid email account registered in their profile. It is clarified that the invited Members reserve the right to accept or reject their invitation within a period of 10 days. After that period, the invitation will expire and the Head may resend the invitation to the same or any other Member.

- As soon as a Member accepts the invitation to participate in a Together account, all 100% of the award miles collected into his/her personal Miles+Bonus account are transferred to the Together account. All 100% of his/her award miles will be transferred to the Together account for as long as the Member belongs to the Together account.

- The Head is exclusively responsible for the control of the Together account (add /remove members). The Head can accomplish changes by logging in his/her personal Miles+Bonus account.

- Any member added to a Together account cannot be removed in less than six (6) months from the join date.

- The Members that opt-out or are removed from a Together account, are not eligible to create or participate in a Together account for a period of six (6) months from the opt-out or removal date.

- The Head that opts-out or deactivates a Together account or is downgraded to the Blue tier, is not eligible to create or participate in a Together account for a period of six (6) months from the opt-out, removal or downgrade date.
It is clarified that a Together account cannot be cancelled in less than 6 months from the day of the Together account's creation.

- The Head is exclusively responsible for the administration of the Together account. The Head reserves the right to provide access to the members he wishes, in order for them to be able to view the Together accrual and redemption transactions, as well as to redeem award miles.

- If a Together Member wishes to opt-out from the Together account, the total award miles that have been accumulated to the Together account or part of them, cannot be transferred to his personal Miles+Bonus account.
In the event of a Head ‘s death, the Together Account and the total award Miles will be automatically cancelled.

- If the Head wishes to opt-out from the Together account, the Together account will be cancelled and the total award miles that have been accumulated will be transferred to his personal Miles+Bonus account.
Aegean reserves the right to reject any application of a Together account in case it is not compatible with the terms and conditions.

- Aegean has the right to deactivate the Together program and cancel the relevant miles without notification if - for a period of 6 months from the activation day - no flight transaction with Aegean, Olympic Air or any Star Alliance member airline, has been added by any of the Together Members.
Aegean reserves the right to annul or modify at its own private discretion, anytime and with no previous notice the Program's terms and conditions, as they are mentioned in this document. The new terms and conditions apply upon their publication.

- A Member's participation in the Program after the publication of the new terms and conditions implies their unconditional acceptance

Together Miles Accrual

- All miles accrued on a Together account are award miles. Each Together member may accrue tier miles at his personal Miles+Bonus account. However, the award miles will be added and accumulated under the Together account.

For example:

A Together member flies from Athens to Thessaloniki in W booking class. The miles that will be added as follows:
500 tier miles to his personal Miles+Bonus account
500 award miles to the Together account

A necessary requirement for adding miles to the Together account is the completion of the transaction (Aegean, Olympic Air, and partners) by each Together member, through his/her personal Miles+Bonus account.

There is no card issued for the Together accounts and the Together account number is not registered nor indicated during accrual transactions.

A Together member is obliged to indicate his personal Miles+Bonus card number during the ticket reservation, as well as presenting his card at the check in counter.

A Together member is obliged to indicate and present his personal Miles+Bonus card during any transaction with the partners of Miles+Bonus.
Print Wikipost

Together account - details, issues and questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
obviously not
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:20 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by travelercy
Hi guys im a gold aegean member and have a quick question.

If i activate my together account do the members have the gold benefits aswell?

Thank you in advance,

hoping for your prompt reply,
travelercy, firstly - welcome to FT and our small but growing corner of it here in the A3 forum.

Whilst the answer you've been given is absolutely correct, as a new member we would normally expect to expand on it a little in the spirit of conviviality and helpfulness.

Together accounts are merely there to pool award miles for spending on redemptions, and as such are very useful for sweeping up small amounts of miles from people who don't earn enough for their own redemption which would otherwise effectively be orphaned.

Each individual member must earn their own status, which is why - when you credit a flight - you'll see Tier (Status) miles credited to the individual account and award miles credited to the Together account.

I'll move your query to the thread we have running here that deals with Together accounts. Reading through that should help with a lot of your queries, but please do raise more if you need to and I'm sure the collective wisdom of this board will be more than capable of providing some answers!
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:43 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Deleted - I didn't see the long answer given
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:04 am

Hi, I'm a gold tier member of Aegean and the head of together account linked with my own personal account and wife's account.

If I want to transfer all the miles of the together account to somebody else's together account, what am I supposed to do? Could I "cancel" my together account and then let the other together account link with my and wife's personal account? How long would it take?

Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
you can't transfer to another together account.

if you cancel your together account, award miles will go to the head member.
then head member would need to join the together account to effectively transfer all award miles.

but from what i recall there is a cooling off period before you can join another together account (i.e., 6 months?)
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by scrappydog
you can't transfer to another together account.

if you cancel your together account, award miles will go to the head member.
then head member would need to join the together account to effectively transfer all award miles.

but from what i recall there is a cooling off period before you can join another together account (i.e., 6 months?)
Thanks for the quick reply. I see. So basically I need to cancel the current together account first and wait for 6 months before joining another together account. Somehow I could not find the 6 months requirement in the T&C. Could somebody help? Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
http://en.aegeanair.com/conditions-n...nd-conditions/

GENERAL TERMS

CHAPTER 4: PARTICIPATION TO TOGETHER

10 - The Head that opts-out or deactivates a Together account or is downgraded to the Blue tier, is not eligible to create or participate in a Together account for a period of six (6) months from the opt-out, removal or downgrade date.

15 - If the Head wishes to opt-out from the Together account, the Together account will be cancelled and the total award miles that have been accumulated will be transferred to his personal Miles+Bonus account.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
With a together account, can I book an award flight for someone not in the together account?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by hiima
With a together account, can I book an award flight for someone not in the together account?
Yes. (Not like BA )
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:22 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Yes. (Not like BA )
I don't mean to go OT but I believe you can redeem flights using BA Avios for up to 5 different named people outside your household account ('friends and family list').
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Exclamation Together Account

Has anyone booked an award from the Together account. In our case what it did was added the Together account as a FF #. When this happens, the award booking does not show the FF # of the travelling party(who is part of the Together account). We experienced this first hand. Now, I am going to cancel our Together account as i don't see what purpose it serves.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
It allows all miles to be pooled... You wont earn miles on award tickets anyways. Not sure if Star has a way to change the FF number online but OW has a few sites that do that...
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kauppias
It allows all miles to be pooled... You wont earn miles on award tickets anyways. Not sure if Star has a way to change the FF number online but OW has a few sites that do that...
I think that after years of being on FT as an Evangelist, I do know that you don't earn miles on I & X classes. But I think that the Together account messes up your reservations in such a way that it prevents your FF # from being attached to your award flights. I have actually shut down my together account as it is not a benefit for me. Star as well, has the 2 different fields, FQTV & FQTS (mileage credit and servicing)

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jan 11, 2016 at 12:58 pm
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by djjaguar
Has anyone booked an award from the Together account. In our case what it did was added the Together account as a FF #. When this happens, the award booking does not show the FF # of the travelling party(who is part of the Together account). We experienced this first hand. Now, I am going to cancel our Together account as i don't see what purpose it serves.
When you book an award flight with A3, this needs to be done by telephone with an agent. All you need to do is to ask the agent during the booking process to manually add the FFP number of the actual passenger. But there will only be a benefit if the passenger actually has status and they are eligible, for example, to pre-reserve seats. In any case, the FFP number can be added during on-line check-in. I have booked Together Awards and believe that this is one part of the Miles and Bonus system that actually functions well.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnirvine
When you book an award flight with A3, this needs to be done by telephone with an agent. All you need to do is to ask the agent during the booking process to manually add the FFP number of the actual passenger. But there will only be a benefit if the passenger actually has status and they are eligible, for example, to pre-reserve seats. In any case, the FFP number can be added during on-line check-in. I have booked Together Awards and believe that this is one part of the Miles and Bonus system that actually functions well.
John I did ask the agent and yes I did call to book this award. But somehow the Together account number shows up in the reservation as well and that is what caused the problem I am guessing. Unfortunately if it is an award ticket, the Air Canada online check in facility does not allow you to add the FF #.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.