Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Or to get the topic back from Italian food to Greece:

in Crete try stamnagathi, a wild chicory variety endemic to the island.

Best in lemon dressing with goat or pork!
Stamnangathi is delicious but at the price (~10 kg for wthe wild one, ~5 /kg for the "farmed" one) combined with its short half life, I doubt that we'll ever see in in a plane.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
Stamnangathi is delicious but at the price (~10 €kg for wthe wild one, ~5 €/kg for the "farmed" one) combined with its short half life, I doubt that we'll ever see in in a plane.
Forgive me mod if I veer too much off topic,

but as a seasoned traveller and Cretan KLouis, did you ever see it on sale in any supermarket, laiki or any other shop outside of Crete?

(same Q goes for any other seasoned A3-FF and hellenophile out there who might be able to answer it!)

Due to work/time/money constraints I unfortunately have to limit my visits to Crete to about once a year (I happily lived in Chania for a while some years ago).

I do however visit Athens frequently - and it would be great if some shop sells it there so I can bring some stamnagathi back home to cook for dinner for my friends accompanied with one of the better Cretan wines!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
You can find stamnagathi in pretty much any farmer's market (laiki agora) in Athens. And possibly in big supermarkets as well (like AB Vasilopoulos etc)
-Heathcliff- likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:10 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Flew ATH-AMS today in business, midday departure. Good service, 3 courses served separately, coffee and liqueurs offered.

Starter:

Mains was either salmon with greens and boiled potatoes, or, chicken with mushroom/wine sauce and sauted orzo. Decided to go the healthy route:

Sweets which were just OK, I tried all but only finished the grapes.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Flew ATH-AMS today in business, midday departure. Good service, 3 courses served separately, coffee and liqueurs offered.

Starter:

Starter looks about the best bit IMHO.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Starter looks about the best bit IMHO.
Well, the fish was fine - simple. I purposely choose the healthy option in this case and it did not disappoint in that aspect

I was wondering if this may have been the fasting choice. Up to August 15 people fast in Greece, though right now it is quite far away - it may be a bit early. Though I do know that some people have already started their fast (on specific days only?)..

Last edited by Xandrios; Jun 27, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:15 pm

this instagram account posted this picture... I don't understand Spanish but the head looks like its Oriental Veg. Meal, is this A3 Vegetarian Meal looks like? The grey box looks like its from A3.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBstudent
this instagram account posted this picture... I don't understand Spanish but the head looks like its Oriental Veg. Meal, is this A3 Vegetarian Meal looks like? The grey box looks like its from A3.
Its been all over FB and Twitter the last few weeks. It was indeed A3 and a bit lame to offer such a ''meal''.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:03 am

While I agree, I cant help but find it a bit funny too. It shows the general attitude in Greece towards vegetarians quite well, I think (As in: Not understood - must be some carrot-eating health food nut)
Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:31 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Its been all over FB and Twitter the last few weeks. It was indeed A3 and a bit lame to offer such a ''meal''.
Of course the passenger could choose IB or Vueling to get better free meal... Oh wait - they charge for food and drinks including water...
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
Of course the passenger could choose IB or Vueling to get better free meal... Oh wait - they charge for food and drinks including water...
Indeed although I am of the view that just because something is free does not make it good. Id rather pay for something decent then get free Cr@p. ^
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
While I agree, I cant help but find it a bit funny too. It shows the general attitude in Greece towards vegetarians quite well, I think (As in: Not understood - must be some carrot-eating health food nut)
I thought the same Can imagine the catering dept thinking why dont they eat normal food lol..
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I've got my first 2 flights in Business Class on Monday and Tuesday. A quick question...I often see the drinks menu with white or red wines, but do they serve sparkling wine (or champagne) on Aegean?!

If not I'll have to make do with a gin & tonic.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by headingwest
I've got my first 2 flights in Business Class on Monday and Tuesday. A quick question...I often see the drinks menu with white or red wines, but do they serve sparkling wine (or champagne) on Aegean?!

If not I'll have to make do with a gin & tonic.
A half-decent sparkling wine (retailing around 10 EUR) from the island of Rhodos if I recall correctly.

Don't expect anything fancy or near as good as the (often excellent) reds and whites chosen by A3.

That said, it is drinkable enough.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
A half-decent sparkling wine (retailing around 10 EUR) from the island of Rhodos if I recall correctly.

Don't expect anything fancy or near as good as the (often excellent) reds and whites chosen by A3.

That said, it is drinkable enough.
Thanks for the reply Romanianflyer ^

I suppose it might be worth trying a glass and then perhaps moving on to the wine!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.