Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:55 pm

October 17 was the day of the cancelled strike. I can see a problem with the cancelled and then re-instated flights leading to non-regular catering.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
The cancelled (4 day) strike was the week before, no ? Or was there another one ?

In order to be fare, I need to add though that the mezze plate of the menu was delicious ! Mix of the typical Greek starters - fantastic taste.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
The cancelled (4 day) strike was the week before, no ? Or was there another one ?

In order to be fare, I need to add though that the mezze plate of the menu was delicious ! Mix of the typical Greek starters - fantastic taste.
You are right, I was wrong. Perhaps because I was upset after a FTer in a different forum accused me of being a lawyer!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:38 pm

What kind of J-class food can I expect on a 1 hour flight? Specifically ATH-RHO.

Can't wait to fly Aegean! The catering looks better than TK J.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
What kind of J-class food can I expect on a 1 hour flight? Specifically ATH-RHO.

Can't wait to fly Aegean! The catering looks better than TK J.
A snack (e.g. a piece of cheese, a slice of salami, bread, etc.) and a drink. Actually, a normal flight (normal= no circling above RHO, no weather-related delays in the air, etc.) will be around 40 minutes long.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
A snack (e.g. a piece of cheese, a slice of salami, bread, etc.) and a drink. Actually, a normal flight (normal= no circling above RHO, no weather-related delays in the air, etc.) will be around 40 minutes long.
Thank you KLouis! Guess I'll look into Y then on that segment and save the famed A3 catering for a longer flight.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Thank you KLouis! Guess I'll look into Y then on that segment and save the famed A3 catering for a longer flight.
A wise decision! (not continuing because OT )
Old Nov 4, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
GVA to ATH on Nov 4th.

Really enjoyed the dinner. Especially the dessert!
Attached Images    
Old Nov 4, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: A3 *G, ex LH FTL
My and my son's annual mid-term Greek break was to ATH. Upgraded us both to C with coupons.
26OCT A3865 PRG-ATH was delayed for an hour.
Standard menu was not handed out, only the special menu. Turkey couscous salad. This time they paired seafood with Santorini Karamolegos wine. I sampled also the Malagousia (see Blue mag #61). Both very good. Espresso was available because the a/c was SX-DVT.

The attendant was very attentive to both children in C, offering them all three available hot courses (beef, chicken, special) so they could have had at least some snack.
Attached Images    
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: A3 *G, ex LH FTL
31OCT A3864 ATH-PRG had a slight delay, we had to wait in the lounge which already had November-March wine offer (see Blue mag #62). Sampled Deipnos (Kos) but preferred Limnia Gi (Lemnos).
Again, standard menu was not handed out, only the special menu. Refosco (Central Macedonia) recommended with the special was awesome!
Espresso was not available because the a/c was SX-DGV which is old and does not have an espresso machine as explained by the crew.
Attached Images   
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I've said it once and I'll say it again, those crackers look rather pathetic. Everything else looks fantastic, but I can't understand why they serve the same cheap crackers as in economy!
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:02 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Looking great guys! Good to hear the new wines are available too.

I flew ATH-DUS earlier this week in Economy this time. The standard meal was the same as it usually is (not that much variation), however still good. Bifteki, potato mash and green peas. There was also a mini portokalopita for desert which was a nice touch. Also they did 3 (!) drink rounds on this 2hr flight, which is much appreciated.

Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:26 am

Well, I'm not clever enough to upload a photo but I have just enjoyed some wonderful sea bream in J between LGW and ATH. Jma12 in post 263 has the photos though. I normally avoid fish as it is very easily overcooked in airline ovens but I went for it this time as it was the Closer to Greece option. It was great, perfectly cooked, and very tasty. Mine had octopus with it, and rather too much spinach. Oh, why do I criticise? It was a great meal!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: THY Elite Plus, Aegean Gold, LH FTL. Former BA Gold, Air France Platinum, Czech Gold, United PE.
Has anyone ever tried the kosher special meal option in either A3 economy or business? If so, how did it compare to the standard meal?
Old Nov 9, 2016, 4:49 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Well, I'm not clever enough to upload a photo but I have just enjoyed some wonderful sea bream in J between LGW and ATH. Jma12 in post 263 has the photos though. I normally avoid fish as it is very easily overcooked in airline ovens but I went for it this time as it was the Closer to Greece option. It was great, perfectly cooked, and very tasty. Mine had octopus with it, and rather too much spinach. Oh, why do I criticise? It was a great meal!
Hmmm yes I liked the spinach, with the fish. Very tasty

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.