Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Aegean food rated no 1 in Europe

http://www.chaniapost.eu/2016/08/24/...european-list/
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Flew VIE-ATH-JTR-ATH-BUD during the weekend, the longer flights were upgraded, islands hoppers were eco only

Current special is month of Crete and the special meal was Cod

I chose the veal with mashed potatoes and mushrooms, delicious, as starter a tuna salad was served and as desert a assortment of cakes, delicious as well, but a little too sweet for my personal taste.
To my surprise they also had sparkling wine onboard even though it was not mentioned in the wine list.

on the ATH-JTR there was no beverage service (i think because of short flight, 35 minutes) but crackers were handed out

return flight in next post
Attached Images    
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:27 pm

Flying back JTR-ATH-BUD

on the JTR-ATH again no beverage service, just cookies handed out.

on ATH-BUD starter was a chicken salad, ok
and mains were chicken and Cod as regular and Goat as Crete Special.

I chose goat, which didnt not turn out so great, the texture of the meat was quite strange and taste wasnt thrilling either, on the other hand pistachio chicken which my friend had, was very tasty.
As desert some sort of cake was served, my guess is carrot, but even the FA did not know what kind
Attached Images      
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Looks lovely nice to see an improvement recently on lunch/dinner flights. ^
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:01 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Nice, thanks for posting!

How about the goat - was it not good because, well, goat does taste a little different than you may be used to? Or it was not prepared correctly?
Generally goat is, like lamb in Greece, cooked for a very long time - similar to beef stew (Or oven roasted for hours). I would not expect rare/medium paidakia; especially on a flight which has to please the larger group of people (Which I guess would be Greeks in this case).
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:13 am

To me it seemed a little not much like firm meat anymore , rather than just a mass, you could just swallow, no chewing needed.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: A3,BA
Wow, A3 is really upping their game with this regional-taste catering. Maybe I should re-think about my theory "Y seat should have Y pricetag"

This goat ragout is indeed a very good Cretan dish prepared especially during this period (due to the extra ripe tomatos) until mid September.
And as matio_svk pointed out correctly it is cooked until melting (tomato is put at the end to avoid firming the meat).
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by matio_svk
To me it seemed a little not much like firm meat anymore , rather than just a mass, you could just swallow, no chewing needed.
For (most) Greeks, a perfectly cooked piece of meat is what (most) non-Greeks would consider an overcooked piece of meat. You can't compare it to western cuisine bor in terms of texture and taste. It's just tdifferent...
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by matio_svk
Much better than super tough boot leather 'beef' that many airlines have served up to me in their various cabins.
I'm sure some of them were actual boot leathers that have been boiled up (I guess it still might have come from bovines but that's not really what I want!)

I like those 'well-stewed' meat! A3 is very welcome to serve that to me any time.

(No, not Greek here, although I do very much love Greek food.)
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:06 am

Good to know, fortunately for me, my friend was satisfied and full after her chicken mozzarella starter and I finished her pistachio chicken... that was top notch
But the veal was the absolute champion of all our meals on both flights

PS: If anyone is interested, here is the full name: baby goat with white wine, herbs, artichokes hears and baked potatoes with fennel
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:20 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Sounds great Its also a good way for people unfamiliar with goat to try it out - even though the texture may be more soft than expected, I'd think/hope that at least it still tastes like goat.

Personally I prefer goat over lamb any day, even at Easter. It's much healthier too as it is much less fatty.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: A3
No explanation given on the meal from flight attendants, therefore only my own description - I hope I got it right.

September 17th 2016 / A3 881 / VIE - ATH / C / SFML
Omelete with prawn chuncks / fresh fruit (breakfast at 11:15 am)

September 17th 2016 / A3 314 / ATH - LCA / C / SFML
Smoked fish (I think it was salmon) + prawns / salmon with rice, tomato sauce and rice / curd, blueberry cake

September 21st 2016 / A3 919 / LCA - SKG / C / SFML
Massive amount of smoked salmon on salad / salmon with tomato sauce and grilled vegetables
The only issue: it was 08:45 am and instead of my expected breakfast the caterer had loaded a meal (at least it did not look anything like a breakfast). At this time of day hot salmon is not really something I would eat normally. No dessert.

September 21st 2016 / A3 111 / SKG - ATH / Y / regular
without picture: sesame honey bar, 30g

September 21st 2016 / A3 880 / ATH - VIE / C / SFML
Smoked fish (salmon, butter fish?, prawns) on salad / unknown white fleshed fish, tomato sauce, grilled vegetables and rice / curd, blueberry cake

I was happy that I chose the SFML - except for the hot salmon as breakfast.
Attached Images       
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Looks decent enough. Thanks for posting the special meals we do not see too many ^
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:00 pm

Got SFML in coach: Octopus with "makaronaki kofto". Wasn't bad (I make it much better ), although there was a minimal amount of octopus in there.

Name:  IMG_0545.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  148.0 KB
Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:19 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
A3-449 VIE-HER 16.09.16 economy class Two hot portions...lucky me!
Attached Images  

Last edited by headingwest; Sep 26, 2016 at 5:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.