Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Old May 31, 2015, 4:43 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
On my last C flight there was only one guy that ordered wine, and the FA opened a new full size bottle on the trolley in full view. Perhaps she did because all bottles were unopened (it was a morning flight), she may pour behind the curtain if the bottles are already open.

If they do keep the opened bottles around for the next flight I do feel a easier about asking the FA to try one or two. Otherwise it would be such a waste if they were discarded (regardless of if I paid for the privilege or not)..
Old Jun 11, 2015, 1:19 am

Programs: LX SEN
On my recent four legs in C I always started with a white wine and then a red one for the main course. They never showed the bottle unless once where I got a refill (I was asked if I would like to have a second glass only once).

Food:
International flights:
- Inbound to Athen: Food was medocre (very dry meat and potatoes). Unfortunately they could not impresse me on this flight from a food perspective. Starter was ok, but nothing special.
- Outbound to Milan: Food was very good.

Domestic:
- Both flights contained a small plate with kind of bred with salmon and another fish on it. Was pretty good.

Service:
- I always had to ask whether I could have a refill. Especially for the water this was somehow disturbing since the small glasses are empty after two sips.
- On domestic flights there was no pre-take-off drink.
- Due to a technical problem we were sitting in the plane for 60min without getting any drink. It was pretty warm and the crew offered themself as much water as needed. After 50min I asked for a glass of water and was told that we soon have to de-board and go into another plane. This service experience was not satisfying - however - they at least gave every passenger a voucher for a free flight due to the delay.

To conclude:
- From my experience, catering service of A3 is good. But - also from my personal experience - it is not better than LX or even LH. Food quantity is one element, but I prefer to have a bit less and constant high quality AND an attentive and professional service (eg. crew showing some motivation in serving the food eg. by explaining what they serve or presenting the wine bottle or regularly come by to refill the water glass. Also being addressed by name if you are the only passenger would be nice). I would fly A3 again at any time. But for my taste I prefer C-class on LX.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: A3*G, IB
Originally Posted by alinghi90
This service experience was not satisfying - however - they at least gave every passenger a voucher for a free flight due to the delay.
At least? I can't think of any airline which would do that for a delay. I consider this to be very generous, LX would definitely not offer this to you.

I was always addressed by name just ONCE on every flight in A3 C-Class, and this was when they handed over the menue to me. Although it might be a rule for the FAs, for me this seemed natural and nice enough. I usually use some similar rules in business meetings....

And now, let us just look forward to more pics of A3 meals to which this thread is dedicated....

(On my last flight on A3 in C (02/2015) I was asked to switch off my phone completely, not allowing the flight mode. So, how do you folks take the pictures you post here?)

Last edited by EAPflyer; Jun 11, 2015 at 3:38 pm
Old Jun 11, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
A3 MUC-SKG C-cl / JUN15

Menu:
. . . . .

Apéro:

(Sparkling Water & Crackers)

Appetizer:

-> It was good but the salad not so fresh anymore. Most probably meal was produced in Greece and flown in to MUC...

Mains:

(baked veal)

(grilled chicken)
-> My friend was asked the choice. I got the leftover, without asking my choice or any appologizes... I guess they only had two C-cl meals (1/1) on bord for us two... Both meals were good!

Dessert:

-> The wipped cream and the peppermint leaves were not fresh anymore. Probably because the transport vom Greece to MUC...

A3 SKG-ATH C-cl / JUN15

Breakfast:

(2 Sandwiches. 1 with ham and 1 with chicken, dried tomatoes and cottage cheese. 1 Yoghurt with Honey)
-> 1A for a flight time of 40 minutes!

A3 ATH-HER C-cl / JUN15

Breakfast:

-> 1A for a flight time of 39 minutes! Samesame menu as SKG-ATH.

A3 HER-ATH C-cl / JUN15

Snack:

(2 canapés, the one with salmon and the other with a different fish)
-> 1A for a flight time of 35 minutes!

I was impressed about the catering, especially on the short Domestic legs!
Old Jun 11, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Y-cl meal to/from Greece: A3 vs LX

Here a small comparison between A3 and LX Y-cl meals on EU flights:

Originally Posted by eurotexan
The TXL-ATH meal:

The ATH-BHX meal:

LX ATH-ZRH meal box:

(Orechietti pasta salad with pieces of cheese / rasperry mousse)

-> Quality was good, but the size too tiny...
Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I particularly love the Illy espresso! Its exceptional on short-haul, I can think of only IB and A3 who manage Espresso on European flights and even on long-haul its often only found in F.

The pasta dish has five more olives than in a recent BA Y salad...one tiny, tiny bit.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: A3 *G, ex LH FTL
Thanks Air Rarotonga!
It seems to me that on your MUC-SKG flight the wines were Cretan just like on my ATH-PRG flight but the menu was different. I noticed that on the last page of your menu there is "H-R 1-5 R Winter 2014-2015". There is another code on the wine page "E1Π1/04/2015". Perhaps a combination of these two defines the menu, unfortunately I did not photograph my menu's last page. Next time I will do it.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alinghi90
ce). I would fly A3 again at any time. But for my taste I prefer C-class on LX.
Having flown over 100 LX J flights I can understand your statements. Well on flights with LX hot meals in J. Their cold J platters are pretty average. LX hot meals on sectors like ZRH-ATH are on par with A3. Just different cultural cuisine so I guess it comes down to personal prefference. I like both. LH ? no way. They offer a very average J class product in Europe. A3 is light years ahead.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 5:44 am

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald
Meal svc LCA-ATH-IST and IST-ATH-AMM

Hi all, first time flying A3 in July on above mentioned routes; curious about meal service in Y. Itin says "hot meal" or something similar, but wondering if anyone might have additional detail on what I should expect on those legs, especially the overnight ATH-AMM that arrives at 0200-ish. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:08 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, I've had to delete a few posts which were completely divorced from the topic of A3 catering, arising from a small remark in a post that was otherwise totally on-topic. Let's try and stick at least vaguely to the subject matter, please.

If there's an imminent need for a discussion on the conditions of free flight vouchers, that can be done by opening a new thread!

Thanks

NWIFlyer
A3 M&B
Old Jun 22, 2015, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jun 23, 2015 at 10:11 am
Old Jun 22, 2015, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jun 23, 2015 at 10:11 am
Old Jun 22, 2015, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry that my pictures are so big.

BCN-ATH LUNCH
ATH-CDG BREAKFAST

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jun 24, 2015 at 4:24 pm
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:05 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Which flight was this? I received the same options on VIE-ATH recently (though I chose the chicken option).

I flew MUC-ATH a few days ago in Economy:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.