Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Pastichio is quite cheap for J class
Thats a Y meal.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
btw economy hindu meal was as good as low calorie J meal
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:20 am

Today's lunch on A3852: pistachio breaded chicken breast with mashed potatoes, spinach, and goji berries in a walnut sauce. Never had this before - delicious!

Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Breakfast(C) on A3 600 to London last weekend:
Attached Images  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
A3-881 VIE-ATH 16.03.17 economy
Attached Images  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
A3-608 ATH-LHR 16.03.17 economy
Attached Images  
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:39 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Flew AMS-ATH today. Since it's the week before Easter they had a revised fasting menu.

Choice was either pasta with plain tomato, or the fish. She couldn't tell me what kind of fish but it turned out to be bakalao with horta/greens.

Not particularly great, not bad either.

And for desert the same as last year; halvas

Happy Easter everyone
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:25 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by headingwest
No more tray? Now a paper box?

PS> Happy Easter!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
No more tray? Now a paper box?
When was the last time you flew with them? In coach, the tray has been there since a few years, I'd say at least three!

PS Happy Easter to you too, and to everybody else in the A3 forum!!!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
Since about 30-40 years Retsina is definitely not what it used to be.

I don't mind new tastes and new products, but I'm sorry to see that old tastes disappear. This is especially true since I live far from my home town (Athens) and I often feel like being a foreigner over here... I NEED my Retsina !
Yesterday morning I was on an EK flight DXB-ATH and was seated beside a couple of young Greek women who were going home to Greece for Easter. One of them said that I should try Retsina with Coca-Cola.. She insisted it was a pleasant libation.

Anyone with experience/thoughts on this? I don't know if she and her Greek friends drink this mix in Greece, or Dubai - or both

On this last note, a Greek man in the ATH lounge where I am currently scribbling away sort of rolled his eyes and said: yes young people do that with cheap Retsina. So I kinda know what the response to my question will be

OTOH, just before he opined his view of her drink, I sniffed the Kumquat liqueur on offer, and I must admit that a few sips at this time of morning after a very early flight is a pleasant taste stimulation. I have never seen this on sale in the UAE or in Canada where I used to live. So much to discover in Greece! ^

Last edited by tmac100; Apr 14, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by tmac100
Retsina with Coca-Cola.. She insisted it was a pleasant libation.
The (in-)famous "Toumpa Libre" cocktail

Some people consider it as a pleasant variation of Cuba Libre, while some others (especially in Toumpa area of Thessaloniki) may require heavy consumption to be able to enjoy an otherwise boring soccer match.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tmac100
Yesterday morning I was on an EK flight DXB-ATH and was seated beside a couple of young Greek women who were going home to Greece for Easter. One of them said that I should try Retsina with Coca-Cola.. She insisted it was a pleasant libation.

Anyone with experience/thoughts on this? I don't know if she and her Greek friends drink this mix in Greece, or Dubai - or both
Certainly a weird mix

Happy Easter all...

Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:41 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by KLouis
When was the last time you flew with them? In coach, the tray has been there since a few years, I'd say at least three!
28 Nov 2016 ATH-WAW - meals were definitely served on a proper tray...
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:02 am

It's only the shorter European flights that get the hot meal inserted into a 'snack box'. VIE-ATH always gets it and I know that ATH-LCA does too. I'm not sure if that's always been the case.

It always amazes me how quickly they pack them all flat when they collect the rubbish!
Attached Images  
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Exactly same thing on FCO-ATH this week.

It's only the shorter European flights that get the hot meal inserted into a 'snack box'. VIE-ATH always gets it and I know that ATH-LCA does too.
ATH- I had the box with very test hot breakfast including honey and Greek yugert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.