Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Looks yummy; if you double click on your picture it appears right side up
lol, I just turned my laptop upside down
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
lol, I just turned my laptop upside down
p: uoᴉʇdo uɐ oslɐ s,ʇɐɥʇ
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:24 am

C'me on guys, we're not in Australia!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:00 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
So I flew PRG-ATH yesterday in business. This was on megali paraskevi which is a strict fasting day in Greece. Which was also announced by the crew when food was served.

There were no menu's, but there were two options: Fish or pasta. The pasta looked like the one in economy (plain pasta with a sauce consisting of only tomatoes), so I decided to be a rebel and go for the fish

Starter was the well known roasted vegetables. The fish (salmon) was very good - by far the best fish I have tried in the air. Cooked properly and most important: Not dry at all. It was served on a bed of horta (or perhaps some kind of wild spinach) and fress anitho (dill).

The typical cheeses were replaced by taramasalata and a roasted artichoke. The taramasalata was great: Consistency of whipped cream and no fishy flavour at all.

Desert was halva, a bit simple, and the quantity was a bit much.

Coffee with chocolate in easter-egg shape, which ironically is strictly against the fasting since it contains milk

Last edited by Xandrios; Apr 30, 2016 at 5:45 am
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
...The taramasalata was great: Consistency of whipped cream and no fishy flavour at all...
I know, I know, it's all a matter of taste, but what is a taramasalata worth when you don't smell the fish...
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:22 am

I guess that is true Generally I am not a fan but this way I do like it. It may be related to the freshness of the ingredients too; the fresher the fish the less 'fish-y' it's supposed to to smell and taste. I'm used to the supermarket version which probably is of lower quality..

I'm assuming most of the non-Greek pax had no idea what they were eating, they probably didn't realize that the sauce is fish (roe) based! Somehow I find that funny

Kali Anastasi kai kalo Pascha!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:47 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
What a nice thread - I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the pictures (inc those of Y food). Aegean catering looks great!
Old May 7, 2016, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios

Name:  1462009569_IMG_4346.JPG
Views: 1093
Size:  74.9 KB

Desert was halva, a bit simple, and the quantity was a bit much.
Very sickly to eat all that. Not a fan of Halva anyway. Salmon looked good though. ^
Old May 8, 2016, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Very sickly to eat all that. Not a fan of Halva anyway. Salmon looked good though. ^
I had a 5hr ride through the countryside directly after the flight - at that point it indeed became very clear that the halva was too much

Personally I like the non-sesame version more. Not as sweet, not as dry. Although you shouldn't eat more than one slice of that either. Its basically olive oil & semolina & sugar - not the lightest kind of sweet!
Old May 11, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
Here are some pics from my recent flight to Vienna from Athens - was the only passenger in biz, very nice ride and love the cappuccino!

Name:  IMG_3261-e1462992940675.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  121.7 KB

Greek Salad - fresh and delicious

Name:  IMG_3262-e1462992981574.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  129.9 KB

Chicken

Name:  IMG_3264-e1462993045713.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  103.3 KB

Dessert - some kind of orange cake and one piece of baklava
Old May 11, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
wow wow! The salad looks very good with the cheese! I like it, thanks for sharing!
Old May 12, 2016, 2:08 am

looooook sooooo gooood
Old May 12, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
I still find the greek salad quite cheap for a C class appetizer
Old May 22, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
These pics are making me happier and happier that I used one of my upgrade coupons for my Aug 18th flight LHR-ATH. Alas, it seems I am on a waiting list (for upgrade) the next day for ATH-LIS. Just did a dummy search/booking and a.t.m. there are only 2 Business class seats available for $$. Doubt I'll get an upgrade. However, I never fly for the food, no matter how nice it looks.

Last edited by tmac100; May 23, 2016 at 8:44 am Reason: typos
Old May 23, 2016, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LukasVIE
Here are some pics from my recent flight to Vienna from Athens - was the only passenger in biz, very nice ride and love the cappuccino!

Attachment 8776

Greek Salad - fresh and delicious

Attachment 8777

Chicken

Attachment 8778

Dessert - some kind of orange cake and one piece of baklava
Very nice I would be happy with this meal 😃

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.