Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Please post all images of A3's food and beverage offerings in both Economy and Business Class, both domestic and international routes.

A posting hint:
The maximum image resolution that FT can cope with is 800 x 600. Posting images beyond this limit pushes them beyond the page margins, making the visual appearance of the thread disjointed and very difficult for everyone to read.

There are on-line tools for most image storage sites which provide alternative links for reduced sized images - please use these prior to posting to reduce work in having to request users edit their posts. Thanks.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles & Bonus
Print Wikipost

Aegean Airlines catering thread share your inflight food pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2016, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Does anyone here know if a 2-hour flight at 11:00 would still see a late breakfast service, or an early lunch? (and in general, at which hour the switch to lunch menu is)
Certainly should be lunch ^
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:38 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
A3609 LHR-ATH
dep 2210; arr 0325
Y class

Left: hummus
Right: pasta with 2 lumps of a Quorn-like substance (maybe someone else can identify).

My wife's first time in LHR T2, so we visited all 4 lounges. Nonetheless, the sauce was reasonably tasty and I ate all of the pasta, but I kept the cookie and still haven't eaten it...

Gorged on pastries then slept in A3 lounge, which was completely empty except for us from 0400-0545. Then went to LH lounge.

A3902 ATH-LCA
dep 0825; arr 0955
Y class

A pot of thick yoghurt with honey (someone else has posted a photo earlier) and a sausage roll.

Ate the yoghurt but the sausage roll was nasty and I was kind of full from the past 12 hours of eating , so I had only one bite.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:46 am

A3905 LCA-ATH
dep 1600; arr 1745
J class

My wife chose the veal and I chose the chicken in order to provide photos for FT

The entire meal was very good, but I had to stuff everything down quickly due to the short flight time, otherwise I would have missed the dessert. Note that the first two courses were served together to save time.

I tried the white wines which were OK, not that I know much about wine.

The blob in the dessert is a sort of chocolate mousse, which I normally detest (I don't like sweet creamy stuff), but I found this actually edible.

There were 3 rows of J which were fully occupied except for 1 seat.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:14 am

A3608 ATH-LHR
dep 1910; arr 2115
J class

There is an LCA-LHR which departed at roughly the same time as the flight to ATH. (The LHR-LCA lands at 0240 which doesn't make any sense to me.) But I wanted to complete 4 segments for requalification so chose the longer route.

In hindsight I should probably have chosen the direct flight as I will probably fly A3 again before November, and I could still have used the upgrades for ATH-LCA without needing to pay extra UK APD.

I was so full from the food in the LCA lounge as well as on board that I just sat in the ATH Swissport lounge for an hour and didn't even have a drink. It isn't as bad as I thought it would be from what some people have said on this forum...

The wine selection was the same as the previous flight.

Neither of us fancied the chicken so we both had the fish, which was surprisingly very good, better than fish dishes I've had in BA F and CX J/Y+ (although nowadays neither of these airlines are known for their food).

The dessert was drenched in honey as appears to be typical with Greek desserts, so a bit tricky to eat. As mentioned I don't like sweet cream and there was a bit too much.

There were 5 rows of J but only 10 or so pax. The service was not rushed, although I felt a bit rushed as I was eating extremely slowly.

In conclusion, now I understand why everyone is talking about A3 J, and not just the food. Not sure I would pay the usual cash prices but the upgrade coupons are certainly a good benefit of having status. Most J pax appeared to be A3*G too, so not sure how many of them were upgraders and how many actually paid.

Now to use my 4 coupons from this year (and see if I can get my wife to *G which will get us another 6 coupons )
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Silver
A3681 bcn-ath

This seems to be the usual offer in Economy Class on longer flights, meatballs in tomato sauce with either potatoes or pasta. Though it can be a little repetitive, it's still good compared to what you get on most European carriers and the taste is good. A choice of coffee or tea was offered after we had finished the meal.

Name:  IMG_1112.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  350.0 KB
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:05 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks both for the pictures
Originally Posted by :D!
A3905 LCA-ATH
dep 1600; arr 1745
J class

https://i.imgur.com/SfeIaBF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KJ9F4X0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/DO3jq7S.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xdE3ky3.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8BW4ofB.jpg

My wife chose the veal and I chose the chicken in order to provide photos for FT

The entire meal was very good, but I had to stuff everything down quickly due to the short flight time, otherwise I would have missed the dessert. Note that the first two courses were served together to save time.

The blob in the dessert is a sort of chocolate mousse, which I normally detest (I don't like sweet creamy stuff), but I found this actually edible.

Recently I had the same option(s) on BRU-ATH here. Your chicken dish does look better than what I received though, for me the pasta was kinda dry.

Last edited by Xandrios; Jan 25, 2016 at 12:23 pm
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D!
A3905 LCA-ATH
dep 1600; arr 1745
J class

Nice meals on the LCA-ATH flight. Ironic that it looks better than what I have sampled on the LHR-ATH-LHR flights recently.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Recently I had the same option(s) on BRU-ATH here. Your chicken dish does look better than what I received though, for me the pasta was kinda dry.
I admit I only scanned through this thread quickly, but I didn't even realise the same dishes had already been posted, as the presentation looks quite different
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Please Aegean : STOP THE GREEK SALAD!! and bring back the amazing octopus carpaccio.

Ps : don't know why but on a C trip from IST to ATH in the morning was no expresso, only filter coffee... was kind of disappointed, love the aegean expresso!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Courtesy of Headingwest .

TXL-ATH Y Class :

ATH-LCA Y Class :

LCA-ATH Y Class :

ATH-TXL Y Class :

Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:08 pm

A3541
DUS-SKG
dep 12:50 arr 16:40
Business Class
18 Feb 2016

This was the gluten free meal / lunch:

Chicken with rice and grilled veggies and some cheese.

Dessert where some fresh fruits (orange, grapefruit, melon and pineapple)
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by morra
A3541
DUS-SKG
dep 12:50 arr 16:40
Business Class
18 Feb 2016

This was the gluten free meal / lunch:
Thanks for adding. It is always good to see SPML pics ^
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Has anyone else had any other c class special meals with aegean?

I only had moslem and seafood meal in Y and both where substantially better compared to the normal one
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
was curious about the sea food menu in C too. Anyone?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: A3 *G, ex LH FTL
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
I only had moslem and seafood meal in Y and both where substantially better compared to the normal one
I confirm for the SFML.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.