Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flights during November that didn't transfer to new system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights during November that didn't transfer to new system

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:57 pm

Aegean Retro Claim Doesn't Auto Qualify for Gold According to Old Roles

Hey everyone,

So I've been fightining with Aegean since late last year to get a retro claim for my miles. The claim finally went through and I now have 27,704 miles, more than the 20k required, for Gold Status according to the old rules. I'm assuming the system didn't automatically upgrade me since the rules have changed to the new ones since. However i was assured by agents many times that it matter when the flights happened, and not when the miles were finally credited.

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. Has anyone had a similar issue? Any suggestions besides stating the obvious fact that I met the criteria for Gold status and I want the upgrade?

Cheers,
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:12 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by homerjsimpso
So I've been fightining with Aegean since late last year to get a retro claim for my miles. The claim finally went through and I now have 27,704 miles, more than the 20k required, for Gold Status according to the old rules. I'm assuming the system didn't automatically upgrade me since the rules have changed to the new ones since. However i was assured by agents many times that it matter when the flights happened, and not when the miles were finally credited.

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. Has anyone had a similar issue? Any suggestions besides stating the obvious fact that I met the criteria for Gold status and I want the upgrade?
You shouldn't have any problem with this - just make sure you ring during Miles&Bonus working hours of M-F, 9-5 because only that department will be able to do the upgrade. Option 2 on the main Greek contact number of +30 210 62 61 700 reaches them.

Oh, and welcome to the pleasures of A3 and *G!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by homerjsimpso
Hey everyone,

Cheers,
Same issue here...but you are one big step ahead. I am still missing 11 legs and 18.500 miles out of Oct/Nov last year before the program change which should have upgraded me to gold long time ago.
I am calling there every week, no success so far. Did you manage to get the upgrade yet?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:39 am

Programs: A3 *G
We're in the same boat A350.900
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: A3 *G
My 4 missing Q class flights from LH have posted.
Anyone else having luck?
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:36 pm

...Finally all missing miles (LH) have posted! First I was upgraded to silver according to new conditions, then after one friendly phone call in Athens the upgrade to gold was performed some hours later according to the old conditions before Nov. 24th. So after 4 months everything worked out fine. Looking back, I think LH was having quite an issue as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.