Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT CLOSED 20-24 NOV for systems upgrade (now BACK)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT CLOSED 20-24 NOV for systems upgrade (now BACK)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
Exclamation ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT CLOSED 20-24 NOV for systems upgrade (now BACK)

http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...nid=138&f=2014

Announcement

We would like to inform you that the enrolment process, as well as the login and account management will be unavailable from November 20 until November 24, 2014, due to a scheduled system upgrade which will be carried out for the transition to the new Miles+Bonus program.

Please rest assured that all the miles from your activities during this period will be credited to your account as normal.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 17, 2014 at 10:16 am Reason: add quote box
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Kalós orísate, kallisthenis. Welcome to FlyerTalk.

I've moved this from the original thread it was posted in and "stuck" it in the Forum so members can see it prominently.

It sounds like functions not possible during the upgrade period include:

1. Enrollment in the Miles+Bonus program.

2. Account and possibly site login.

3. Account management.

Efharistó polí / Thanks much for sharing this important news with us.

JDiver
Senior Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 17, 2014 at 9:47 am
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:09 am
Original Poster

I quote also a second relevant announcement...

http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...nid=139&f=2014

We would like to inform you that the online redemption process for award tickets on Star Alliance flights and non-flight awards from our partners will be unavailable from November 19 until November 24, 2014, due to a scheduled system upgrade which will be carried out for the transition to the new Miles+Bonus program.

If you wish to spend miles on any partner on November 19, you should contact Aegean's Call Center( 801 11 20000 from Greek Landline phones or +30 210 62 61 000 from mobile phones or abroad).

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: IHG-PA,HH-G,SPG-G,Kimpton-IC,A3*G,Marriott-S
What if I'm only 2000 miles away from gold and need retro-claiming during this period? I flew a UA segment on Nov.8 which should get me to gold tier but the miles has never been credited to my account. What if I retro-claim after Nov.24? Will I be granted gold status?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:29 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by cliu96
What if I'm only 2000 miles away from gold and need retro-claiming during this period? I flew a UA segment on Nov.8 which should get me to gold tier but the miles has never been credited to my account. What if I retro-claim after Nov.24? Will I be granted gold status?
Yes, of course you will. A3 will almost certainly do a second sweep to catch all members who qualified for Gold late, and then rely on manual adjustments if there's a lengthy retro-claim period.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by cliu96
If you need to retroactively claim miles in the period of 20-24 November 2014, then it can only be because you took flights between 20-24 November 2013 for which you have not received any credit, as the "last chance" to claim these miles falls within the "down" time (flights on A3 and most *A partners can be retroactively claimed up to 12 months from the date of the flight).

If you did make flights between 20-24 November 2013 that have not posted, then you should apply for the retroactive credit today - but could have done so at any time in the past 12 months.

If you made flights on or after 25 November 2013 that have not posted, then you do not need to retro-claim during this period. You say your flight was on 8 November - presumably of this year - so you can retroclaim next week when the new system is up and running if the miles do not automatically post, which they may very well yet do without requiring any intervention.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:10 am

Last edited by DELLAS; Nov 24, 2014 at 10:31 am
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Systems most likely will be up this afternoon around 1500-1600.
Greek time? (UTC+2)
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:37 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Systems most likely will be up this afternoon around 1500-1600.
Just in time for the North American morning so that we can luckily avoid the "OMG its still not up, do I still have LIFETIME GOLD status?!" posts
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: A3 *G, ex LH FTL
So let's do a load test at 1600z, 1600CET and 1600 Greek to see how the system can bear so many lifetime gold logins!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:42 am
Original Poster

After some guessing I tried some subdomains, and... TaDa!!!

Tax'te mou! (<- for the Greeks)

The new website is hiding here:

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonus/
(EDIT: A pre-release version was here: https://en.aegeanair.com/new-milesandbonus/)

Enjoy :-) !!!

Last edited by kallisthenis; Nov 24, 2014 at 5:32 pm Reason: URL change
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:49 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kallisthenis
After some guessing I tried some subdomains, and... TaDa!!!

Tax'te mou! (<- for the Greeks)

Here is hiding the new website:

https://el.aegeanair.com/new-milesandbonus/

Enjoy :-) !!!
The page is up in English as well, but not all the links (eg Together Account) seem to quite work properly yet. Looks like the 3pm time is for everything to feed through.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow! They have issued a whole load of coupons (all expiring on 24/11/2015)!!

4 "Gold Seat Upgrade" coupons - as expected.

But I wasn't expecting the 2 "Gold Companion tickets"!!! (Though they were mentioned in the new programme details)

The 2 "Gold Free Parking" and 1 "Gold Valet Parking" airport coupons won't be of any use to me though!!!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The 2 "Gold Free Parking" and 1 "Gold Valet Parking" airport coupons won't be of any use to me though!!!
I'll gladly take that weight off your shoulders ;-)
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:42 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Are they actually transferable? If so I suspect quite some exchanges to take place the first year as many of the current Gold members do not actually visit Athens, or do not have their vehicle there..

I think I may be able to put the parking vouchers to good use as well, driving to ATH beats the hell out of KTEL any day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.