Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT CLOSED 20-24 NOV for systems upgrade (now BACK)

ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT CLOSED 20-24 NOV for systems upgrade (now BACK)

Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Well, the login is back.

But it still doesn't work properly.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:48 pm

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Originally Posted by DreamHigh
Well, the login is back.

But it still doesn't work properly.
Same scenario for me. I can login, but once I try to access any of the other pages (My Account, Transaction History, etc), the site kicks me out and displays a 500 error.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:19 am

Programs: A3*G
It was fun while it lasted. Website rolled back to the previous version, wip pages (en.aegeanair.com/new-milesandbonus/) are back on but barely working. iOS app seems to be working fine thought...
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:27 am

Status valid for 14 months

I was able to log in using the (Android) app, and the electronic gold card now displays an expiry date of 24/01/2016.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
The main site indicated "The redemption process, both online and though Aegean's Call Center, is currently unavailable."

Looks like whoever wants to redeem ticket is out of luck at this time...
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:56 am
Suspended

What I don`t get is why their project management had to choose such an ambitious time frame; only to fail?

What I learned was to better allocate more time to very difficult tasks than not enough.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by SwissCircle
What I don`t get is why their project management had to choose such an ambitious time frame; only to fail?

What I learned was to better allocate more time to very difficult tasks than not enough.
I've been thinking along the same lines - this is the (in)famous BER approach. Nobody forced them to only take the site down last Thursday (or whenever it was). Having said that, I would have assumed that whenever they took the site down they already had a piece of fully tested software, so it was just a matter of updating the SW, bringing the latest data in and then go live again (slightly oversimplifying but hopefully not much - this is not rocket science).
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by ObserverA3
I've been thinking along the same lines - this is the (in)famous BER approach. Nobody forced them to only take the site down last Thursday (or whenever it was). Having said that, I would have assumed that whenever they took the site down they already had a piece of fully tested software, so it was just a matter of updating the SW, bringing the latest data in and then go live again (slightly oversimplifying but hopefully not much - this is not rocket science).
Well I guess you havent worked with things like this, but a transition period is often required when you systems with dependencies, and if those systems manage processes with long completion times. And of course imperfect execution and testing leads to a not fully functional new system after the transition period.

I would want to be part of the Aegean team who is working on that at the moment
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kanor
Well I guess you havent worked with things like this, but a transition period is often required when you systems with dependencies, and if those systems manage processes with long completion times. And of course imperfect execution and testing leads to a not fully functional new system after the transition period.

I would want to be part of the Aegean team who is working on that at the moment
I would want to be on that team, too. Can be really challenging when things, for whatever reason, don`t do what you want them to. Also one can learn a lot.
These are quite complex systems.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: *G, OWS
Originally Posted by ObserverA3
The usual procedure I saw is that the two versions are running parallel to each other while the inputs are duplicated. In this case it would mean that the data coming from their *A partners and their own flights are put into both systems. After some time you have a look if the results match up - if they don't it's time to hunt bugs.
After that you let some beta testers loose in the system and finally you reset everything to the values from the live system and open it up to everybody. Only this last step should require a system shutdown.

The way the data is delivered has probably remained the same (exept possibly LH), the milage tables have remained the same so I see no reason there that couldn't be tested in advance while both systems were working (the new one on test servers).

The only errors that I can see which you couldn't check for while running the systems in paralell are related to load factors (all the desperate FTLers who want to see everything) or the different calclualtion models for their own flights.

Did I overlook something?

Nevertheless I know that sometimes bugs crop up once everything is live - I don't want to change positions with them ;-)
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:51 am
Suspended

Amadeus test page

Try this one. Works!

https://a3.frequentflyer.aero

Interesting:
I just clicked on "card replacement". It then says "Limit exceeded" and ask you to agree to pay for with points.

Last edited by SwissCircle; Nov 25, 2014 at 8:54 am Reason: content
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Try this one. Works!
Just because and intermediate testing website is up, has some functions, and is exposed to the public, it doesnt "work".
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kanor
Just because and intermediate testing website is up, has some functions, and is exposed to the public, it doesnt "work".
So what? I does work. It`s exposed to the public. So what`s your problem???
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
So what? I does work. It`s exposed to the public. So what`s your problem???
The problem is the site is down again and unavailable. Thus, no access to anything.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct
The problem is the site is down again and unavailable. Thus, no access to anything.
Well, yesterday there was also just the developers site accessible. Go HERE and you can access all /most functions. Even tracking retro claim works.
I never claimed that the real one is online and working, did I.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.