Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Trying to Claim Mileage: "Activity date is outside your active period"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone experienced trying to claim mileage through the "Claim Air Miles" link lately?

After submitting all the information, an error in red lettering appears stating: "Activity date is outside your active period."

The flight was a month ago so the after 14 days submission doesn't apply.

Can I just email the information to Miles & Bonus?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Could this be the reason?

Originally Posted by A* M&B T&C
If a Basic Member has not flown at least once within a period of twenty four (24) months from the date of his/her last registered and Account-validated flight, then his/her Card and Account will be automatically inactivated and cannot be used for any purpose (mileage accrual or redemption) for a period of 12 months. During this period the Member may retroactively claim a flight he/she had made within the previous year so that to have his/her Card and Account reactivated. Otherwise, as soon as the 12-month period expires, the Card and the Account will be irrevocably canceled.If a Blue or Gold Member has not flown for at least once within a period of thirty six (36) months from the date of his/her last registered and Account-validated flight, then his/her Card and Account will be automatically inactivated and cannot be used for any purpose (mileage accrual or redemption) for a period of 12 months. During this period the Member may retroactively claim a flight he/she had made within the previous year so that to have his/her Card and Account reactivated. Otherwise, as soon as the 12-month period expires, the Card and the Account will be irrevocably canceled.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Could this be the reason?
interesting... but the original 1000 sign up bonus is still in the account.

so do people just create new accounts?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:56 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by myperks
interesting... but the original 1000 sign up bonus is still in the account.

so do people just create new accounts?
It would be - it will only disappear when your account is closed at the end of the third year because you failed to credit anything within the first two.

As you identify, the only solution if you wish to credit to A3 is to open a new account - your old one is effectively dead because you can't reactivate at with a qualifying flight during year 2.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:57 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Deleted.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Sep 25, 2014 at 2:59 pm Reason: Double posted
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

i wonder if retro credit will work (with a new account number) when the operating airline "theoretically" sent over to A3 for credit and A3 doesn't credit because the boarding pass has A3-XXXXXXXXX on it.

Has anyone created a new account and retro-ed from an old account number that is "not active"?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
small chances, if your bordingpass shows your old A3-#...
Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:37 pm

I am in a similar situation. Since the miles cannot be credited due to account inactivity, can the miles be credited to another FF program (for example TK)? Since the operating airline paid for and credited the miles to A3 and A3 is not posting it in an inactive account, is this even legal? There must be a way to get the miles back?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Aegean told me that the card is no longer valid and need to go online and create another account. Whether the ones that didn't go through will be credited, I will have to wait a couple days to find out
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
Aegean told me that the card is no longer valid and need to go online and create another account. Whether the ones that didn't go through will be credited, I will have to wait a couple days to find out
Please kindly keep us posted as I am sure there are a few of us in the same situation.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avmca2050
Please kindly keep us posted as I am sure there are a few of us in the same situation.
following what the Aegean customer service agent said, dump the old number, created a new number, retro claimed the miles and.....

...it credited in 48 hours... thank you Aegean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.