Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Retro-credit miles for flights before M&B sign-up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Topbonus, Miles&Bonus, Miles&Less

I have convinced a colleague of mine of the advantages of M&B and he now wishes to join the path of enlightenment. "Only" issue:

He has had three long distance flights from EU to Japan between August and now, but he only signed up today. Can he retro-credit those flights to his account?

I read the TOS of Aegean, and they do not specifically rule this out. They only mention the 12-month window for retro-crediting *A flights.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: A3
He should go ahead with the retro-claim. He may want to call to verify if he could be successful and afterwards you can let us know if it worked.

I don't see the downside. If he hasn't credited these flights to another airline, he still would have flights not credited somewhere if the claim failed.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Privium Plus, Qatar Platinum, Marriott Platinum
It worked for me.
For the miles from a flight 4 months before signing up.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SQ Gold, MAR Plat, Hilton Gold
I assume this is out of the question if the flights have already been credited to another FF? (UA MP)
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by echen1024
I assume this is out of the question if the flights have already been credited to another FF? (UA MP)
Of course.

You can only credit any flight to one single FFP.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:16 am

I would like to ask, how it is possible to request these miles for flights flown before joining?

I am currently trying to do the same, but it seems impossible via the online web form of Aegean.
Particularly it gives me an error: : "Your request is within the accrual period for this specific airline."
Generally speaking I'm not sure what the error means and the Aegean website seems to me as total mess

Did you have to call or email the airline?

Thank you in advances for any advice or suggestions.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:12 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
dalam01, welcome to FT and the A3 forum.

The message you've seen is somewhat counter-intuitive, because it occurs when you're outside the allowable claim period - so either within 14 days of the flight (in which case you need to wait until that time has expired) or beyond the maximum 6/12 months depending on the airline (in which case you won't be able to claim).
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:28 am

...At any rate, the easiest is to call them for that.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: Aegean Miles & Bonus Blue (not much but I'm still a newbie :)
Hi,

I tried the same when signing up about a week ago. I entered the flight number and personal data on the site. Still got no answer. How long did it take for those who did it successfully? I read somewhere that you get an instant answer telling you whether it was successful or not, but I guess this applies to Aegean flights only and mine was another *A.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:51 pm

Just a quick update: I got them they're half of what I expected, apparently it was a discounted ticket (couldn't figure out what "YK" means) still, my very first miles in a FTT program, yay
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by Athina
I read somewhere that you get an instant answer telling you whether it was successful or not, but I guess this applies to Aegean flights only and mine was another *A.
You never get them instantly, even with Aegean flights. Aegean will be quicker to post than other *A members.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:33 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Athina
Just a quick update: I got them they're half of what I expected, apparently it was a discounted ticket (couldn't figure out what "YK" means) still, my very first miles in a FTT program, yay
Congratulations and welcome to our world! You do realise you're now on a very slippery slope towards chasing and maintaining status? There is no escape at this point

It does have its rewards at the end though, so stick with FT and you'll end up with a much more pleasant travelling experience ...
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Congratulations and welcome to our world! You do realise you're now on a very slippery slope towards chasing and maintaining status? There is no escape at this point
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Thanks I know I can't escape, I already check the booking class first when I'm looking for tickets

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.