Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just got A3*G

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Privium Plus, Qatar Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Just got A3*G

So - I finally got my A3*G
Took two months of flying (in economy) and got there.

The key driver was SAS - which I flew a couple of times to the US - SAS credits 100% of the the miles to A3 - for example:
SK2551 H CPH - AMS Copenhagen-Amsterdam 600 600
SK0910 H EWR - CPH New York-Copenhagen 3849 3849
SK0909 H CPH - EWR Copenhagen-New York 3849 3849
SK0550 H AMS - CPH Amsterdam-Copenhagen 600 600
So for one round trip from AMS to NY - I gained 8898 miles.
2 of these get you very close to the 20000 miles you need for gold.

Last edited by dutchguy41; Sep 12, 2014 at 2:13 am
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
and you opened a thread about this because ... ?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
There are not many places where, or people to whom, you can brag about such achievements, kanor! FlyerTalk is a home for the Mileage Mad.

Welkom dutchguy41, en goed gedaan!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Privium Plus, Qatar Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28
There are not many places where, or people to whom, you can brag about such achievements, kanor! FlyerTalk is a home for the Mileage Mad.

Welkom dutchguy41, en goed gedaan!
Bedankt! Thank you.
I posted to brag but also since it's really great to get from zero to gold in precisely two months.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by dutchguy41
I posted to brag but also since it's really great to get from zero to gold in precisely two months.
Well, if it was a cool itinerary then post it here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...test-time.html
Otherwise I still dont see the point.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kanor
Well, if it was a cool itinerary then post it here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...test-time.html
Otherwise I still dont see the point.
Honestly and without wanting to be rude:
why would you actually care so much about a post of a guy who just achieved gold status and is happy about it ? Does this ruin the forum spirit so much for you that you feel the need to write your mood killer posts ?
What's exactly so wrong with posting about this ? I saw many other similar posts with people bragging about their newly achieved status or near status - it's all part of the community spirit. If this forum is just about functional posting - then 99% of the info can be read on the FAQ or on the Aegean airlines website.
This is a social community. Social is also about fun.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:50 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
dutchguy41, welcome to our little but ever-growing club.

Two months is a reasonable amount of time to go from nothing to Gold. Mine, back in 2012, was more like 2-3 weeks, but that did include a decent amount of mileage from a BD Business Class return to RAK - although I equally suffered with a lot of Y legs on US from which my body is probably still recovering!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Honestly and without wanting to be rude:
why would you actually care so much about a post of a guy who just achieved gold status and is happy about it ? Does this ruin the forum spirit so much for you that you feel the need to write your mood killer posts ?
What's exactly so wrong with posting about this ? I saw many other similar posts with people bragging about their newly achieved status or near status - it's all part of the community spirit. If this forum is just about functional posting - then 99% of the info can be read on the FAQ or on the Aegean airlines website.
This is a social community. Social is also about fun.
The invormative character of your message (for the community) is missing... Nice to know that Mr dutchguy41 achieved *G in two months... OK, nice for him, next...

As kanor writes, it would be much more intersting (for other members), how you've flown your status... routings, tickets, etc. Because that is a question which is asked very frequently here in this forum...
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:06 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Useless post unless you provide some interesting details, as mentioned already.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:51 am
Original Poster

I have asked a moderator to delete this whole thread.
Was supposed to be fun - turned into the opposite.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:32 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Was supposed to be fun - turned into the opposite.
Dutchguy41, I'm really sorry that the welcome you've received from some members of this forum has been a little lukewarm.

Please do stick around - I know you've posted very useful information to help people seeking advice in other threads, and it would be a great shame to lose the knowledge you've already gained and will hopefully continue to gain in the future.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Please do stick around - I know you've posted very useful information to help people seeking advice in other threads, and it would be a great shame to lose the knowledge you've already gained and will hopefully continue to gain in the future.
+1

Just because I (or others) didnt see a point in this thread, and since you are not a newbie to FT we expressed this opinion without much sugarcoating, it doesnt mean you should leave us. I guess everybody gets excited by getting the first gold card. I was too:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22206768-post646.html
Old Sep 12, 2014, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kanor
+1

Just because I (or others) didnt see a point in this thread, and since you are not a newbie to FT we expressed this opinion without much sugarcoating, it doesnt mean you should leave us. I guess everybody gets excited by getting the first gold card. I was too:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22206768-post646.html
The gold card of course isn't such a big deal in the big context of things (most of the important perks of the card I already pretty much have with other cards/subscriptions/simply paying.

it's more achieving the goal (a nano goal) of getting that card in a short time which put me into this 'share your enthusiasm with the community' mode - which is very rare with me (I don't even have a facebook page...).

And it's my fault (due to lack of time due to being overworked) that I didn't align myself with the spirit of the forum.

Anyway, sorry for this post and let the forum go on with better and more useful content. As I said I PM'd a moderator to erase this whole thread.

I wish all of you guys a nice day/weekend.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
And it's my fault (due to lack of time due to being overworked) that I didn't align myself with the spirit of the forum.

Anyway, sorry for this post and let the forum go on with better and more useful content. As I said I PM'd a moderator to erase this whole thread.
It's not a fault and you don't have to be sorry.

I think the most important is, that you contribued now your way how to achiev M&B *G. I would say, thats the most asked question in this forum and you're enrching the answers to the help seeking FT members... :-)

Thank you!
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
I think this is pretty valuable information because with US gone, SK is one of the only airlines left in *A that will credit discount economy fares at 100% in A3 M&B. (the other being ET, SQ and TG credit some affordable fares but not the cheapest ones)

EDITED TO CLARIFY
ET and SK are the only *A airlines that credit the cheapest economy fares at 100% in M&B.
SQ and TG credit 0 for the cheapest fares, but credit reasonably cheap fares at 100% in M&B
Other airlines credit reasonable fares at 100%, but credit fewer miles for cheaper fares (eg. LX, SA).

Last edited by 1353513636; Sep 21, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.