Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Questions re seat assignments, notifications for Star Alliance Gold members

Questions re seat assignments, notifications for Star Alliance Gold members

Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Questions re seat assignments, notifications for Star Alliance Gold members

I saw a three-year-old thread on early seat assignments for Star Alliance Gold members, but since I have other questions and since the information in that thread seems like it might be incorrect, I thought I'd start a new one.

1. My wife and I are flying HER-MUC on Aegean in Y next month. That earlier thread I'd mentioned indicated that Star Alliance Gold members could get early seat assignments, but in calling Aegean the agent said that I have to wait until check-in at 48 hours. Was that agent right, or should I call Aegean again?
2. The flight is an A320, economy-only. In the absence of a good seat map, are there any particular row numbers (particularly exit) I should request? And again, as a *A Gold do I have access to them?
3. And an esoteric question: Because this is a birthday trip for my wife, she wants our destination to be a surprise. If I give Aegean her United membership number without her email address, does anyone know if she might possibly nevertheless get an email from Aegean about the flight?

Thanks for any help!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:13 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
1. Only A3's own Gold members can obtain a seat assignment in advance of check-in - this applies for both Y & C. However, if you check-in 48 hours before you are likely to find very good availability anyway.

2. A3's layout is substantially the same as most other airline's A320 aircraft. You could possibly secure an emergency exit if you're quick to check-in, otherwise you'll find pitch and width fairly standard for Europe. There are no preferential seats for *G.

3. You should put your wife's UA number in the booking - no chance of her getting correspondence if the booking is attached to your e-mail.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 8:29 pm

I can only add to what NWIFlyer wrote, that rows 1-4 have substantially more leg room, usually before the "curtain". Go for them, since there is no business class on the flight (or perhaps there is, but it was sold out so it wasn't offered?).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.