Search

booking made using family members cc

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

booking made using family members cc

Hello
I'm due to fly from tbilisi to London in a few weeks,
My brother booked me the flight using his credit card.
Only when I've got the confirmation booking I seen credit card may be required on check in.
We live in Ireland so obviously its not possible for him to attend airport

I'm very worried and don't no what to do. I've emailed the airline but got no response.

Any advice please
Thanks very much for you're time
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by johngboy345
Hello
I'm due to fly from tbilisi to London in a few weeks,
My brother booked me the flight using his credit card.
Only when I've got the confirmation booking I seen credit card may be required on check in.
We live in Ireland so obviously its not possible for him to attend airport

I'm very worried and don't no what to do. I've emailed the airline but got no response.

Any advice please
Thanks very much for you're time
I assume you're booked TBS-ATH-LHR on A3. If at all, you'll be asked for the CC at TBS. The simple solution, other than using OLCI, is to make a "photocopy" of the CC and show it if asked. My own experience with that comes from two TK flights out of ATH a few years ago. In the first case they asked me for the CC of the person who had paid and they were satisfied when I told them who it was (name and address). In the second case, being prepared, I showed them the copy. No problem in either flight! On M&M flights (LH, LX, OS) also requiring the CC for verification I've never actually been asked to show it. Finally, never, ever have I been asked for a CC while checking in for an A3 flight.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Yes its TBS-ATH-LHR
Thanks very much for taking the time to respond to my question.
Many thanks
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:51 am

Just in case, make sure you have a credit card with you so you can pay the fare again.

My experience with a completely different airline (CX) was that they charged me again and refunded the original charge when I couldn't show the very same credit card. (The problem was that the credit card had broken apart and had, thus, been replaced by the credit card company. So while it was still in my name, it had a different number or expiry date or something. The airline was unhappy with that.) I did not pay more than the original amount, but I was charged again and refunded.

It took a lot of time, since their printer stopped working, etc. So bring plenty of time.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:17 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by sokolov
Just in case, make sure you have a credit card with you so you can pay the fare again.

My experience with a completely different airline (CX) was that they charged me again and refunded the original charge when I couldn't show the very same credit card. (The problem was that the credit card had broken apart and had, thus, been replaced by the credit card company. So while it was still in my name, it had a different number or expiry date or something. The airline was unhappy with that.) I did not pay more than the original amount, but I was charged again and refunded.

It took a lot of time, since their printer stopped working, etc. So bring plenty of time.
For CX, you just need to show the card at some point, not necessarily at check-in. If you are at an airport with a CX ticketing desk you can show the card and ask them to delete the requirement from check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.