Wiki Posts
Search

Retroactively claiming

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Smile Retroactively claiming

Hi guys, first post on here for me!

Just got back from the UK (Perth to London and back which is 18,386 miles) and have recently been informed about this brilliant frequent flyer program (thanks Greece). However, I have already claimed these flights with singapore airlines krisflyer. I assume I cant also claim with Aegean as well for the same flights?

Wish i had found out about this a few months ago :/
18,386 plus the bonus 1000 would have got me to an agonisingly close 19,386.

Thanks,
Nikhil

(apologies if this is a stupid question, im not too savvy with ff programs)
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:25 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
No claiming to two programs, so im afraid your out of luck here as SQ would receive the mileage. Maybe next time
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DreamHigh
No claiming to two programs, so im afraid your out of luck here as SQ would receive the mileage. Maybe next time
Thought as much, ahhh well. Maybe next time....
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Make sure the class you book earn 100% mileage. SQ's lowest fare often earns 0% on A3.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by J_rob129
Make sure the class you book earn 100% mileage. SQ's lowest fare often earns 0% on A3.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

OP: If you were travelling in the cheapest possible ticket available on your Singapore Airlines flight, then you may have earned nothing, or very little, on these flights if credited to Aegean. But then again, the cheapest tickets on SQ earn nothing in KrisFlyer either.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:37 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I am assuming the OP has seen his miles post as 18k+ to Krisflyer, in which case he would definitely have been travelling in a fare bucket that credited 100% to A3.

Krisflyer credits SQ as 50% on 'standard' (below semi-flex), 10% on their 'Super deals' fares (the bottom fare). It no longer has any zero earning buckets in normal use, although very, very occasionally promotional fares may not earn.

This is a Krisflyer benefit only - all of these lower fare buckets credit as zero elsewhere throughout *A.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:58 am
Original Poster

It was a Flexi-Saver ticket which is 100% miles with krisflyer, what does that get me on A3? The different fares dont make any sense to me. On Aegeans website all i see is a bunch of letters. What these letters mean i cant seem to find anywhere.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:38 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Flexi-saver and Full flexi will book into a 100% mileage fare bucket.

The bunch of letters you see are the fare codes which determine how many miles your flight earns (generally, and very simplistically, when you look at the fare conditions for your booking on the SQ website, you'll see "Class of Travel: Economy/Business (?), then a couple of lines down under "Fare Basis Code" '?xxxxxxx', where xxxxx is a bunch of seemingly random characters that mean more to the airline than you, and ? is the fare code - the letter should be the same for both question marks).

You then match whatever "?" is to the letters in the earning chart. You'll find these pretty vital in understanding what you're going to get from which airline!

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Aug 14, 2014 at 8:45 am Reason: Added specific SQ detail
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by nikhilr51
It was a Flexi-Saver ticket which is 100% miles with krisflyer, what does that get me on A3? The different fares dont make any sense to me. On Aegeans website all i see is a bunch of letters. What these letters mean i cant seem to find anywhere.

Right before you purchase a ticket on the SQ site, the fare class will show on the review itinerary page, It is located right below the "Cabin Class".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.