Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Using M&B Gold when flying under different FF number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using M&B Gold when flying under different FF number

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: A3*G
I asked lounge dragons in Elite Club lounge (*G) in Warsaw, who pays for my entry on the basis Gold status Aegean and travel with Lufthansa in eco. They answered, that in that case operating carrier pays, namely Lufti. That is why AC complains for excess of Aegean Gold Card holders, maximising lounge access without appropriate revenue for AC.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Originally Posted by szczurwa
I asked lounge dragons in Elite Club lounge (*G) in Warsaw, who pays for my entry on the basis Gold status Aegean and travel with Lufthansa in eco. They answered, that in that case operating carrier pays, namely Lufti. That is why AC complains for excess of Aegean Gold Card holders, maximising lounge access without appropriate revenue for AC.

Good to know, but I would take it with a grain of salt over 2 AC Head Office (incl. 1 Exec. VP) employees. They probably know more about the revenue streams over a lounge employee. Especially Ben Smith who oversees Revenue Management @ AC.

Both of them confirmed that in economy the Frequent Flier program has to pony up the funds. Whether its AC footing the bill for another carriers lounge or them being compensated by another program. They have also mentioned that from their perspective as they are getting paid for the lounge access they are not currently overly concerned about "loosing money".

Overcrowding is for sure an issue for the passenger experience but from a revenue perspective, currently it is not an issue.

Here are the respective posts w/ the info:
Ben Lipsey (AC Company Rep for FT) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22988058-post88.html
Ben Smith (AC Executive Vice President + Chief Commercial Officer) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22877906-post319.html

Last edited by tkyoshi; Jul 16, 2014 at 6:58 pm
Old Aug 4, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: A3*G
Just I received the answer from Aegean:

Dear Mr. Szczurwa,
Thank you for contacting the Customer Relations Department of Aegean and for your preference to us.
We wish to inform you, that the member carrier issuing the Gold card, is to covering the amount of every member’s visit to the Gold lounges.
We remain at your disposal for any communication in the future.
Yours sincerely,
Old Aug 4, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by szczurwa
We wish to inform you, that the member carrier issuing the Gold card, is to covering the amount of every member’s visit to the Gold lounges.
Now I feel a little bit bad about the countless LH K segments I usually fly.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by kanor
Now I feel a little bit bad about the countless LH K segments I usually fly.
But LH K gives you 0 on A3.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by tkyoshi
Both of them confirmed that in economy the Frequent Flier program has to pony up the funds.
How much money per visit are we talking about here approx.?

What about the other benefits, such as extra luggage? Who covers that? (Assuming I have an AC operated flight marketed with an LH flight number on UA ticket stock with an A3 FF# attached. *g*)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.