Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Earn miles on M&B upgrading to Business on LH flight..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2014, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX,A3, TK, AZ,KQ

Hi guys,
Anyone can answer this question please?
I will fly HKG-FRA with LH andmy booking class is H so elegible to earn 100% miles with Miles and Bonus. A friend of mine can upgrade me to business ( giving me his miles), would my booking class change to Z, C, D?

I called the LH call center and they told me that upgrading to business on my ticket will appear the I class that doesn't earn miles with A3.

Is it true? I mean ...if upgrading to business means I shouldn't get miles it's not the worth for me.

Anyone of you guys bumped in this issue?

Cheers
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You should get the miles for the original booking class. However, you may have to intervene and/or retroclaim to get proper credit.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your answer

What do you think is the best? Should I risk to upgrade in business and then see what happens or should I fly in economy being 100% sure I will get the miles on A3 reaching the gold ?

The point is that with this flight I could reach the Gold on A3 and so I wanna be sure that I have no problems earning miles upgrading in business..

Cheers
Old Jul 7, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
I filled up to A3*G with an LH flight upgraded to business (op-up), no problem in receiving the miles (for the originally economy booked class), worked automatically as usual.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot!
Old Jul 10, 2014, 4:27 am

Programs: LH
If you get op-up at the gate you are credited the original booking class you were booked in.
Miles upgrade however will change your booking class to I that is not eligible for miles credit.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by shady
Miles upgrade however will change your booking class to I that is not eligible for miles credit.
..and you will instead be credited for the original booking class.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much guys for your great help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.