Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access with A3*G Card but non-*G status on boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access with A3*G Card but non-*G status on boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by lensovet
i had some experience with this recently. first off, the gate agent could not figure out how to replace the UA FF number with the A3 one. after calling someone at support, they told her what to do…and the BP that got printed had no FF number on it at all. she just let me board with Group 2, which was why I wanted to change it in the first place.

the flight was on July 8. the miles for it have yet to post to either FF account. other flights from the same day have already posted to my UA account.
Thanks! i'd be interested to hear if these miles post to either account/how long it took!
Old Jul 28, 2013, 1:08 am

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Originally Posted by bbmatt
Thanks! i'd be interested to hear if these miles post to either account/how long it took!
Still haven't posted to UA, and I just submitted the retro request to A3
Old Jul 28, 2013, 7:32 am

Hi all, I only just discovered this forum and I have to say, this place is awesome!

I did have a question about A3 *G; can anyone confirm if the following is true? If we obtain A3 *G and are flying on a different carrier (say SQ), we can use the A3 card at check-in for extra baggage and at the lounges for access, but still credit the miles to another FFP designated at the time of booking (in this case KrisFlyer). I've read here and in some blogs that the people manning these stations generally just wave you on through on site of the card and BP, is this true?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by jasonwlin
Hi all, I only just discovered this forum and I have to say, this place is awesome!

I did have a question about A3 *G; can anyone confirm if the following is true? If we obtain A3 *G and are flying on a different carrier (say SQ), we can use the A3 card at check-in for extra baggage and at the lounges for access, but still credit the miles to another FFP designated at the time of booking (in this case KrisFlyer). I've read here and in some blogs that the people manning these stations generally just wave you on through on site of the card and BP, is this true?
Welcome to FT!

Congrats on finding the right thread! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like you could have been bothered to have read it.

To answer your question: YMMV. The technical answer is no. The practical answer is maybe. Many times, the computer won't allow benefits (such as extra bag tags) to be printed out without having an active *G number on the PNR.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 4:58 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA PP, MR LTTE, was HH/D now Gold
check-in with the FFP you have the most benefits.
then change the program online within arrival plus one day

Originally Posted by hydrogen
Welcome to FT!

Congrats on finding the right thread! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like you could have been bothered to have read it.

To answer your question: YMMV. The technical answer is no. The practical answer is maybe. Many times, the computer won't allow benefits (such as extra bag tags) to be printed out without having an active *G number on the PNR.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Kenji
Sorry, do you mean we book the ticket with the preferred FFP then -24 hours from departure date we change it online?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Quote:

Sorry, do you mean we book the ticket with the preferred FFP then -24 hours from departure date we change it online?
He says replace it after your arrive at the destination. Never tried it, so I can't vouch for him.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 7:19 am

Still haven't posted to UA, and I just submitted the retro request to A3
so, turns out my UA ticket was fare class S, which accrues only 50% on A3. Needless to say, the miles have posted to my A3 account following the retro request.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
so, turns out my UA ticket was fare class S, which accrues only 50% on A3. Needless to say, the miles have posted to my A3 account following the retro request.
How long did it take on total? Did you get the 500 mile min?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
When you're traveling with UA they keep the most generous benefits on file of any program you've attached to that PNR. So if you check in with your A3*G, check your bags, access the lounge, get your GROUP 2 mark on your boarding pass, and on the way out of the lounge ask them to change your FFP to, say, UA, you'll still retain your GROUP 2 boarding and your Premier Access designations. That's been my experience anyways
Old Aug 20, 2013, 3:14 am

Programs: *A Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC, EC Elite, Starbucks Gold :D
Flew ANA this weekend DEL-NRT-SJC on the 787.

Check-in agent refused one additional bag, as my PNR had UA MP # and not the A3#. Got the agent to change the missus' # from UA to A3. Went to the lounge and changed back the reservation # from A3 to UA. Lets see when and where the miles get posted.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by arcticbull
When you're traveling with UA they keep the most generous benefits on file of any program you've attached to that PNR. So if you check in with your A3*G, check your bags, access the lounge, get your GROUP 2 mark on your boarding pass, and on the way out of the lounge ask them to change your FFP to, say, UA, you'll still retain your GROUP 2 boarding and your Premier Access designations. That's been my experience anyways
This is all very true. The first few times I tried to enter a UA lounge with my A3 *G card and UA MP number, I was told that I needed to have my A3 number attached to my PNR, so I did the whole switch-a-roo process. However, the last couple of times (most recently this past Monday) I've been able to get into the lounge just fine with my A3 *G card and UA MP number on my PNR. Maybe it's because I'm a UA Gold now instead of a UA Silver?? Who knows. So as hydrogen said earlier...

The technical answer is no. The practical answer is maybe.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by bbmatt
How long did it take on total? Did you get the 500 mile min?
maybe 2 weeks?
flight was around 1600 miles so even with 50% it was above 500
Old Sep 13, 2013, 8:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
He says replace it after your arrive at the destination. Never tried it, so I can't vouch for him.
Hm, this does not work. At least, not on all carriers. On AC, they VEHEMENTLY deny that it can be changed after landing. Lost some miles due to this (wanted to credit to A3, but ended up going to TK instead, at 75% earning, doh).

On UA, though, I've been able to change it AFTER the flight. Back story: was cutting it close for the flight, gate agent shooed me into the plane, the moment I landed at ORD I ran to the first available agent and had them change it. No problem, no questions asked, flight credited properly to A3 after.

Also, have had no problem using my other *G FFP to check in and get extra baggage allowance, then immediately change to A3 as earning - at the gate or at the lounge (depending on how relaxed people were). Had one agent decline changing it on entry to the lounge in ORD (because then "the benefits would no longer apply") - fair enough; and another time, in HNL, the agent did it right there. Was super chatty, too. I guess it's HNL, after all.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Quote:

Hm, this does not work. At least, not on all carriers. On AC, they VEHEMENTLY deny that it can be changed after landing. Lost some miles due to this (wanted to credit to A3, but ended up going to TK instead, at 75% earning, doh).

On UA, though, I've been able to change it AFTER the flight. Back story: was cutting it close for the flight, gate agent shooed me into the plane, the moment I landed at ORD I ran to the first available agent and had them change it. No problem, no questions asked, flight credited properly to A3 after.

Also, have had no problem using my other *G FFP to check in and get extra baggage allowance, then immediately change to A3 as earning - at the gate or at the lounge (depending on how relaxed people were). Had one agent decline changing it on entry to the lounge in ORD (because then "the benefits would no longer apply&quot - fair enough; and another time, in HNL, the agent did it right there. Was super chatty, too. I guess it's HNL, after all.
I believe that change after refers to changing it online, not at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.