Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access with A3*G Card but non-*G status on boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access with A3*G Card but non-*G status on boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:57 pm

I find this irresponsible - since we are using the benefits, we should send some mileage love to A3. They haven't been doing fantastic, and I think every bit helps.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by currentjer
I find this irresponsible - since we are using the benefits, we should send some mileage love to A3. They haven't been doing fantastic, and I think every bit helps.
Most UA fares earn no more than 50% on A3. What's a responsible FTer to do? Fly only US domestic? Take the 50% hit? Stupid ethics always getting in the way of a good time
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by KLouis
Just out of curiosity, in these many flights, why do you always go to board with two different BCs using the penultimate one rather than the one with the "final" data?
Not always, just frequently enough in different ways to see how things may work.

I like some experiments, and so I do some to expand my own knowledge of how things function. Sometimes I even change the FFP info after I board flights.

I also end up on flights that may credit differently to one airline's program and not at all to another airline program; and so the experimentation has made sense for me. Also there are circumstances related to award tickets where playing it different ways has been useful.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by qvzn
Most UA fares earn no more than 50% on A3. What's a responsible FTer to do? Fly only US domestic? Take the 50% hit? Stupid ethics always getting in the way of a good time
A3 going bankrupt will also get in the way of said good time.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:45 am

Agreed - build the minimum 500 miles into something meaningful. I always do.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
A3 going bankrupt will also get in the way of said good time.
It A3 goes bankrupt, I sincerely doubt my United Club visits will be cited as a contributing factor. Heineken is just not that expensive. When the operating carrier earns 100% on A3, I credit there
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:23 pm

Doubt it's the club visit - but I'm sure there is a system in place where airlines "sell" miles to each other.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 3:42 am

Programs: TK: Elite, BA: Silver, A3: Gold, AB: Platinum, SPG: Platinum, Hilton: Diamond
If I have booking classes which are not valid for M&B like LH K/E/L/T Fares, I use the retroclaim form on milesandmore.com. So I have the *G on my BP an I can use the benefits, and without any stress with changing the FFP number @the gate, I get the miles on my M&M account.
All the other booking classes which a valid for Miles and Bonus are credited to my account there.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Is this working with LH? Do they actually retro credit miles ?
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: M&M FTL FB Petroleum / LH Oil & Energy
Dear all,

I am based in London, but I often travel to POland Germany and Switzerland so as you can guess I have been enrolled into Miles and More about three years ago just after getting bored reading the LH Magazine..

Two years ago I have realized that M&M was doing the Silver promotion: so yeah that wwas the time when I started to do some irrelevant trips RT LCY ZRH GVA during the same per ex. ... just everything in order to get the 30 segments done and get the status.

I fly without luggage most of the time... just a tablet and my laptop or just a backpack... Well I can just say that Silver status is quite high comparred to most of the other ways to travel in Europe (being a student I was quite used to fly in low cost airlines). Now it's hard to realize but even FLT with M&M is a bit of a luxury.

I've had many trips where I was not able to use the Star Alliance extra services like lounge in BUD / SJJ / GDN and this made me wewait outside like a WIzzair traveller...

Now I've requalified for FTL which will lasts me till 2016 or 2015 I think.
Aftrer reading online I realissed that I could be a Gold for few money spent as I will have to say bye bye to my savings if I wanted to reach the 100 000 miles needed for M&M SEN.... beside of upgrades and awards I think it's almost the same; same handfling and lounge access come on gold still gold ..

I am just wondering about the way how to get the status and well, the 18000 miles I need to hit the target.

From what I can see on the Miles&Bonus website, if per ex travelling in E class in LX they will pay 500 miles per segment and 50 percent of the normal miles... am I correct? If yes, a return flight made in one day could give me more than 2000 miles? True or false?

Now, let's say I book the same itinerary LHR ZRH GVA in J or D (business flex) will I get 4 x 1000 and 4 x 2000 miles so in total 12000 miles?

The whole story between accural factor and minimum miles is very confusing for me.

And the last question: is there something nicer than Star alliance Gold ... forgetting about the famous HON ?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: AC*E50K, UA*S, A3*S, NEXUS, Accor Platinum, MLife Platinum
Originally Posted by LH2100
If I have booking classes which are not valid for M&B like LH K/E/L/T Fares, I use the retroclaim form on milesandmore.com. So I have the *G on my BP an I can use the benefits, and without any stress with changing the FFP number @the gate, I get the miles on my M&M account.
All the other booking classes which a valid for Miles and Bonus are credited to my account there.
Could you clarify this a little? It sounds like the BPs all have your A3 number on them, but you are somehow crediting then to MM via retro-claim?

Specifically, how are you preventing the segments from auto-crediting to A3? Is it simply that these segments do not credit (as "0" miles or some such) and you then retro-credit to MM?

I once had an orphan segment on Copa with an itinerary otherwise on CO/UA and was unable to get the segment credited anywhere (MP) because the rest of the itinerary was credited to AC. Retro-claiming didn't work, but that could be something with MP's system
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:40 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by dnviessk
From what I can see on the Miles&Bonus website, if per ex travelling in E class in LX they will pay 500 miles per segment and 50 percent of the normal miles... am I correct? If yes, a return flight made in one day could give me more than 2000 miles? True or false?

Now, let's say I book the same itinerary LHR ZRH GVA in J or D (business flex) will I get 4 x 1000 and 4 x 2000 miles so in total 12000 miles?

The whole story between accural factor and minimum miles is very confusing for me.
You wish! For LX E, if the flight is 1000 miles or less, it will earn 500 A3miles. If it is more than 1000 miles you will get 50%, not 500+50%!

For LX J, if the flight is 500 miles or less, you will get 1000 A3miles. If it is more than 500 miles then you will get 200%.

So a return from London to Switzerland gets 1000 A3miles in E class, and 2000 miles in J class, which means you need to do 9 returns to get gold.

Here is a trick - you can add a GVA connection to a LON-ZRH flight for about 15 CHF of airport tax. So in theory, you could do 3x LCY-GVA-ZRH-FRA-ZRH-GVA-LCY in business and get 18000 A3miles. I did this on one of my trips to get the final 300 miles needed for my A3 *G.

I guess SEN gets priority over other *G on LH/LX and the other M&M airlines, e.g. for upgrades, standby flights or if something goes wrong
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:57 am

Programs: TK: Elite, BA: Silver, A3: Gold, AB: Platinum, SPG: Platinum, Hilton: Diamond
Originally Posted by Nicodemus75
Could you clarify this a little? It sounds like the BPs all have your A3 number on them, but you are somehow crediting then to MM via retro-claim?

Specifically, how are you preventing the segments from auto-crediting to A3? Is it simply that these segments do not credit (as "0" miles or some such) and you then retro-credit to MM?
Thats correct, all my BPs have the A3 number on them.
If the segments do not credit on M&B because they would bring "0 Miles", you can use the retroclaim form on the Miles&More homepage so the miles will appear on your Miles&More account.
You can do that with all booking classes, which would bring "0 Miles" on Miles and Bonus. The miles are not assigned, so you can credit them after the flight to another bonus programm, where the miles are credited.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: M&M FTL FB Petroleum / LH Oil & Energy
Thanks a lot ...
so a LCY / LHR flight to GVA cvia ZRH will give me 500 miles per leg in E so a total of 2000 miles

In J it will be 4000 miles (1000 miles per leg)

sorry for insisting butI need to be 100 percent sure before I book anything
Old Jan 6, 2013, 4:49 pm

Anyone have any experience crediting to A3 after check in with US Airways? I wanted to obtain my first class upgrade as a preferred member before I changed to A3. However, after I checked in at the kiosk, I was unable to change FFN to A3 (both at kiosk and online under flight reservations). Is there some window period that you have before you get shut out of making any additional changes to your reservation? Few days prior to my flight I was still able to change my traveler's information regarding FF#. Although, I did notice that when I changed the FF#, my reservation disappeared from US Airways online account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.