Wiki Posts
Search

Aegean Alpha Bank Bonus Visa Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2014, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AIR: AA, TrueBlue, MileagePlus
Aegean Alpha Bank Bonus Visa Promotion

I noticed that the Aegean web site has a credit card promotion with Alpha Bank... get the card and earn 5000 miles to get Blue status instantly and then until the end of the month, you can get another 5000 miles...

http://en.aegeanair.com/all-about-us...an-bonus-visa/

Now If I can only figure out how to get that card from the US.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: A3*G
For Greece residents only, I'm afraid ;-) There is Cyprus version too, probably easier to get by foreigners, but no promo miles...
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
It would be nice to have just for the status. And because it looks like it's Chip+PIN, which practically no one in the US does. If only...
Old Jun 7, 2014, 9:13 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Usually the Chip+PIN is just an addition to the traditional credit card system. It does not mean that the card cannot be used with the magnetic strip and/or carbon copy of the number.

The problem with the Aegean Visa is that you will need a Greek tax id. Which most people on this board probably do not have.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
I meant more that most American credit cards only have the magnetic stripe/raised numbers, and of the few that have a chip, most are Chip+Sign, no good at kiosks and such that insist on a PIN.

But interesting that they insist on a Greek tax ID while the Cyprus card doesn't seem to have a similar requirement? Are they more open to non-residents coming in and doing their banking? Kind of like how in China there are one or two banks that don't ask too many questions and will give you a credit card no matter where you came from or how long you're there for if you put down a sufficient security deposit.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:16 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Can I apply for the card if I am a EU citizen (Portuguese) residing oversea (MFM)?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by J_rob129
Can I apply for the card if I am a EU citizen (Portuguese) residing oversea (MFM)?
Please read post #2 !
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:42 am

alpha a3 card?

Has anyone here who isnt residing in greece/cyprus explored the option of getting the alpha a3 for mileage accrual?

Cheers
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:05 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Google tells me: NO !

Aegean Visa Promotion
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Tried signing up but the first road block is… the greek alphabet. LOL
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:58 am

Some Family members of mine have them but even for me it wasn't worth going through all the hassle and I have a Greek address I can use.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 1:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
* To be eligible for the card a Greek taxpayer's number (AFM) is mandatory. <link>
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Originally Posted by JDiver
* To be eligible for the card a Greek taxpayer's number (AFM) is mandatory.
This is an interesting one - you can have an AFM but not be a Greek tax resident. For example, I've got an AFM but I'm also a permanent resident abroad.

Going by the application form though, there's no option to list an address outside Greece.

Hope that clarifies a couple of things.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:52 pm
CG

It doesn't look like its too hard to get an AFM even if you have no connection to Greece, but it looks like once you have one you technically have to file a Greek tax return every year.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: miles & more , AEGEAN miles&bonus GOLD
Originally Posted by CG
It doesn't look like its too hard to get an AFM even if you have no connection to Greece, but it looks like once you have one you technically have to file a Greek tax return every year.
Not true unless you have income in Greece.

Getting a tax number (AFM) is not too hard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.