Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

who continued earning on A3? who returned to their native FFP?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

who continued earning on A3? who returned to their native FFP?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2014, 2:27 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vd0t
After the status match, how many more miles did you have to accrue to get to E+? Basically going from E to E+.

I heard the new program starting in June is less appealing though.
Once you match (and start earning - unless you had already been accumulating miles with them) you need to get the 80,000 miles in the first 12months. Then they will give you Elite+.

The changes are not too bad for me. I redeem only on TK. Its the ones who use it to redeem on other *A flights that bring it on par with the rest of the *A programmes.
Old May 2, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Once you match (and start earning - unless you had already been accumulating miles with them) you need to get the 80,000 miles in the first 12months. Then they will give you Elite+.

The changes are not too bad for me. I redeem only on TK. Its the ones who use it to redeem on other *A flights that bring it on par with the rest of the *A programmes.
But how is that different than starting a new account with TK? In other words, what is the advantage of the status match if it still takes 80k to earn E+?
Old May 2, 2014, 10:21 am

But how is that different than starting a new account with TK? In other words, what is the advantage of the status match if it still takes 80k to earn E+?
TK Elite and TK Elite Plus correspond to *Gold.
Old May 2, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sliiide
Well, what gilbertaue wrote is that TK still required 80k AFTER status match to get E+? It is also 80k if you start from scratch...
Old May 2, 2014, 1:40 pm

Well, what gilbertaue wrote is that TK still required 80k AFTER status match to get E+? It is also 80k if you start from scratch...
Correct. They don't give you Elite Status and 40k miles.
Old May 2, 2014, 11:47 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Yup... They also don't give you 40k when you match to Elite
Old May 3, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
I think there are many reasons to have two FFPs. Your native FFP will have more promotion and non-flying earnings. But I disrespect people just lounge-leeching M&B (which in the long run has a chance to corrupt this nice programme). I only put my M&M number on the booking if:
- the fare doesnt earn anyway for M&B
- I fly LH/LX/OS and the fare earns more to M&M
Old May 3, 2014, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by kanor
just lounge-leeching M&B (which in the long run has a chance to corrupt this nice programme)
In practice, does continuing to credit miles benefit aegean? Without flying on their metal. In the end, if we never fly on aegean and do not use their shops of affiliates it doesn't help their revenue does it?
Old May 3, 2014, 6:05 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
In practice, does continuing to credit miles benefit aegean? Without flying on their metal. In the end, if we never fly on aegean and do not use their shops of affiliates it doesn't help their revenue does it?
Of course it does - A3 is paid by the operating airline for the miles it puts in your account when you fly (or, similarly, make a credit card transaction, or stay in a hotel).

In simple terms, the value the operating airline/credit card/hotel booking site pays for those miles is greater than their nominal value on A3's liabilities, and more than A3 has to pay back to the airline that operates your redemption flight - so for every mile you credit, they make a profit.
Old May 3, 2014, 6:09 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Since most of my flights are out of ATH I will keep using A3. It simply offers the most benefits (published and unpublished) in Greece.

Yes but this way one would have access to lounges from the first flight. When you start from scratch this is obviously not the case.
Old May 3, 2014, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Of course it does - A3 is paid by the operating airline for the miles it puts in your account when you fly (or, similarly, make a credit card transaction, or stay in a hotel).

In simple terms, the value the operating airline/credit card/hotel booking site pays for those miles is greater than their nominal value on A3's liabilities, and more than A3 has to pay back to the airline that operates your redemption flight - so for every mile you credit, they make a profit.
Ah. Thanks for that. What happens when a miles and bonus gold member uses a non-aegean lounge or any of the other star alliance-wide benefits (extra luggage, priortity check-in etc) that the gold card gives?
Old May 3, 2014, 2:45 pm

Sorry I don't get it please clarify

I understand crediting to A3 gives the company a boost in revenue. Staying loyal for that reason is good.
However, with miles accumulated can I even get a toaster? Redeem something with the points? Likely not going to fly Aegean.
Old May 3, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by manodestra
I understand crediting to A3 gives the company a boost in revenue. Staying loyal for that reason is good.
However, with miles accumulated can I even get a toaster? Redeem something with the points? Likely not going to fly Aegean.
Here you mention toasters, on the other thread you complain about lounges without card, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22804593-post18.html , very nice, very very nice.
Old May 4, 2014, 4:46 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Ah. Thanks for that. What happens when a miles and bonus gold member uses a non-aegean lounge or any of the other star alliance-wide benefits (extra luggage, priortity check-in etc) that the gold card gives?
It's believed that the operating carrier pays for the lounge access, and obviously they will absorb any baggage costs - as evidence, look at UA's decision to only give a free bag within NA to their own *S and not ones from other FFP's.
Old May 4, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
I am currently a member of both the Aegean and LifeMiles programs. I generally credit to Aegean unless LifeMiles offers more mileage credit for the flight I am taking. However, I don't fly *A carriers much so never bothered to make Gold on Aegean, I wouldn't actually fly enough to enjoy the benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.