Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your experience with Aegean *G

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Your experience with Aegean *G

So, I've seen some posts on this forum about getting *G through Aegean and I decided to look into it.

I have YHZ-YYZ-NRT-MNL-HKG-YYZ-YHZ booked in J class for a business trip. So my company is paying for this flight. With Air Canada it would get me Star Silver status and E25 which I understand is not a whole lot...

So after doing my research I found out that I could obtain *G with Aegean after completing the above mentioned flight. This will then give me *G benefits. It's very tempting indeed and today I signed up for their mileage program and I'm debating updating my reservation with my Aegean FF #

Some questions for those of you in Canada who have received *G with Aegean.

1) Did you find it hard to book reward travel through Aegean for intra canada/trans border flights? I' going to get over 30,000 miles for the above trip and would like to redeem it soon.

2) If I book a flight through my aeroplan points, can I still update the *G on my boarding pass to get the free bags?... I found two posts about this in the Aegean forum however one person said yes, another said no (both specific to Air Canada metal on AE redemptions)

And if anyone else with experience with *G Aegean has any comments please share. Specifically how it relates to Aeroplan Redemptions and any issues getting into MLL?

Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by pilotboy1985YYC
So, I've seen some posts on this forum about getting *G through Aegean and I decided to look into it.

I have YHZ-YYZ-NRT-MNL-HKG-YYZ-YHZ booked in J class for a business trip. So my company is paying for this flight. With Air Canada it would get me Star Silver status and E25 which I understand is not a whole lot...

So after doing my research I found out that I could obtain *G with Aegean after completing the above mentioned flight. This will then give me *G benefits. It's very tempting indeed and today I signed up for their mileage program and I'm debating updating my reservation with my Aegean FF #

Some questions for those of you in Canada who have received *G with Aegean.

1) Did you find it hard to book reward travel through Aegean for intra canada/trans border flights? I' going to get over 30,000 miles for the above trip and would like to redeem it soon.

2) If I book a flight through my aeroplan points, can I still update the *G on my boarding pass to get the free bags?... I found two posts about this in the Aegean forum however one person said yes, another said no (both specific to Air Canada metal on AE redemptions)

And if anyone else with experience with *G Aegean has any comments please share. Specifically how it relates to Aeroplan Redemptions and any issues getting into MLL?

Thanks.
1) If you are using it for status only - stop at 21,000 miles (credit the rest somewhere else) - a one way within North America in J - or at 25,000 - RT in Y. It bookes into same inventory as Aeroplan.

2) No issues getting into MLL

3) You can use all benefits of Star Gold. It doesnt matter how the flight is booked. Just update your number at checkin.
You can even collect miles elsewhere while using your Aegean status for benefits such as luggage.
If the AC agents make an issue out of it, simply, put on your Aegean number on res, check your bags, and then change your number to whatever you want using a kiosk or online (never trust an AC agent - some incompetent apples out there who will mess this up)
Old Apr 11, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
No problems yet for me per star gold benefits.

However, haven't booked an award flight yet through aegean.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Last time I tried to use my A3 miles for a domestic AC flight they wanted to charge me 700 Euro in taxes. I then booked the same flight using AV miles with taxes coming to about US$50. I cannot explain why.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Last time I tried to use my A3 miles for a domestic AC flight they wanted to charge me 700 Euro in taxes. I then booked the same flight using AV miles with taxes coming to about US$50. I cannot explain why.
Comes up frequently in the Aegean forum - they wanted to charge you GST on a full fare ticket - this is always corrected with some persistence. BMI used to be the same.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
WHAT???? Surely they must of made a mistake.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I love my A3 GOLD, no more Aeropain for me!!!!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold. AC 35K *S, UA *S
Something you will have to be careful with while you get to 20K miles with A3, is that a number of fares earn at 50%, not 100.

So if you are flying AC a lot, but crediting to A3, check this table out first.
http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...on/earn-miles/

I was about to book something on UA, but it was in fare class "P", which earns nothing. Would be a long trip to AMS not earning any points in business class!

I've only started recently crediting to A3, and tried it out on my girlfriend first. Everything credited pretty quickly and got her card within a month of earning it. You get a lot of emails in Greek though lol
She is now Star Silver and hasn't had an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.