Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aegean carry on luggage question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Aegean carry on luggage question

We're considering connecting at LHR from AA to Aegean. We'll each have a briefcase and one roll a board which would be standard sizes that we've never had an issue on other carriers. We don't intend to check bags at all.

Can anyone shed any light on whether there'll be a charge from Aegean at LHR as we board ? I've read their web site and cart seem to get a definitive version.

One option that comes to mind is to check the bags through from the US.

Thank You.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:16 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Provided your carry on meets A3's maximum size and weight restrictions, then obviously you'll have no problem carrying it on board without charge.

From A3's website:

Hand baggage - Economy class

You can carry on board the plane 1 piece of hand baggage, weighing no more than 8 kg and measuring no more than 56cm in length x 45cm in height x 25cm in width.
I assume you're concerned about the additional briefcase you'll each have. I've never had a problem with taking a case plus a laptop onto A3 flights, so I can't see this will be a problem - you're dealing with a proper airline that follows IATA carry-on guidelines, not FR :-)

A3 does not have an interline agreement with AA so through checking of bags might be difficult. You also don't say if you are travelling on a single ticket - if you've purchased separately, A3 has a number of hand luggage only fares now so you may not be able to check a case without paying the charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.