Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Getting Status in other Airlines after reaching GOLD staralliance with a3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting Status in other Airlines after reaching GOLD staralliance with a3

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United. American
Question Getting Status in other Airlines after reaching GOLD staralliance with a3

After getting the Star Alliance GOLD, with a3 . is it possible to apply for level status in other programs like Oneworld., AA, or other airlines for same status? @:-)
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are many threads on status match. OneWorld is an alliance and does not have a FFP. You are very unlikely to get the same status in a match. When this does happen is usually 1 tier lower. Most FFP's do not match. AA has the Plat challenge to get status quicker.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

ok, do you have any link of status match how it works for a3 and *A gold. thnks
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Platinum
I am also in the process of matching to other airlines. Other *A like TK should not be a problem. I only tried with EK so far which was one Tier lower, might try CX and AF/KL next.

Here is the link to statusmatcher http://www.statusmatcher.com/company/21263
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the info. Let me review and try to match when i get *A gold with a3
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FT master thread:- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...13-2014-a.html

If you do an advanced search from http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php for "Status match" you get 12+ pages
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by levych
Thank you for the info. Let me review and try to match when i get *A gold with a3
This is the "extreme perversion" of the system, oops, all systems: become a3 gold without ever flying them and then use other frequent flyer programs to match that status. And this even before even achieving the gold status... Don't forget to buy a wallet with enough space for all of your plastic cards. It will be expensive, but this might be the only thing you pay for! I detect your sense of humour in the "great idea" smily and I find it even greater that you matched it with the rolleyes one!

Last edited by KLouis; Mar 3, 2014 at 9:34 am
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
This is the "extreme perversion" of the system, oops, all systems: become a3 gold without ever flying them and then use other frequent flyer programs to match that status. And this even before even achieving the gold status... :roll eyes: Don't forget to buy a wallet with enough space for all of your plastic cards. It will be expensive, but this might be the only thing you pay for! I detect your sense of humour in the "great idea" smily and I find it even greater that you matched it with the roll eyes one!
Can't wait to read your post when the OP starts complaining that his/her card isn't in the mail after 2 months (and then starts an A3 rant)!
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by hydrogen
Can't wait to read your post when the OP starts complaining that his/her card isn't in the mail after 2 months (and then starts an A3 rant)!
I think before that are the messages "I'm waiting to deplane from XXX-YYY on ZZ and the miles are not posted yet!"
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: Former 12 Yr. AC A50k, A3*G, Alaska MVP Gold, Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold,
Take a look at Alaska. They did a status match for my Wife and I. The beauty of Alaska is they are partners with both American and Delta so G or S on Alaska gives you status and Priority Check In, Baggage etc. on AA and DL.

Alaska does ask for both status verification plus a copy of your statement, you likely need 25K miles on your A3 account and that would likely earn you Silver (just a guess on my part). Alaska has many other partners as well where you can earn status miles. Now I can fly whoever is the cheapest and earn miles in my Alaska or *A account. We're flying to Europe in J on a BA 787 and it's marginally more than AC in economy, and much cheaper than buying an upgradeable fare then paying the AC upgrade fee if we're successful.

I also got a flight on DL to PHX which was the cheapest carrier, I got an upgrade to First for $100 each way when I purchased the fare and it was still cheaper than Y on AC. In both cases the tickets qualify for the bonus status miles as well. Keeping Alaska status won't be a problem for me.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:52 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by topdogab
The beauty of Alaska is they are partners with both American and Delta so G or S on Alaska gives you status and Priority Check In, Baggage etc. on AA and DL.
Not anymore on DL
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by hydrogen
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...fter-blue.html
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:00 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Every post/thread like this kills a little from our soul. Look at what happened to KLouis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.